Advice For Getting Off Thyroid Hormone

johns74

Have you tried calcium carbonate, to satisfy the maybe greater calcium requirement?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes, every day.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
They seemed to have improved since my metabolism has come back up some more. I really think it was linked to my metabolism dropping down so low, I had a bad year last year. :( Hopefully things are on the mend now.

kitbacks post above pretty much nailed it. Thank you, kitback. :hattip

Stilgar

Charlie said:
They seemed to have improved since my metabolism has come back up some more. I really think it was linked to my metabolism dropping down so low, I had a bad year last year. :( Hopefully things are on the mend now.

kitbacks post above pretty much nailed it. Thank you, kitback. :hattip

How are your teeth doing now Charlie, a month or so on? Have you kept with increased thyroid, vit D, vitamin C or any of the other suggestions? I hope the situation has improved for you.

jimisonthenet

I'm cold turkey off of thyroid for a week and really suffering for it, I haven't left the house for a week and feel knackered all the time. Getting my blood tests done tomorrow to measure thyroid levels

Waynish

The problem with the Peat method is that it ignores cause and effect. How many of the people using these supplements *know* that their issue is *caused by* a lack thereof? In your case, were the problems you have caused by a lack of thyroid? Doesn't Peat himself even say that the body lowers metabolism as a protective mechanism? Then why do so many Peaters and Peat himself ignore Peat's advice! Besides, if it were just about raising metabolism, then why not do cocaine, alcohol, speed, etc? Because... Restoring functionality is better than speeding up metabolism that is low (due to lack of functionality). What functionality are you lacking? Well, I didn't read the whole thread, but it seems something gut related ("all disease begins in the gut"). No wonder people's teeth are rotting our of their heads with the "best health advise," while our dogs can eat garbage, not brush, and have fine teeth for their lifespans...

Imagine a car that was running slow because of lack of oxygen, for example. Then we found a way to speed up the combustion in that lack of oxygen environment! This is what people keep attempting here! I feel like I've described this in various ways over and over - and my comments just get ignored because it isn't what people want to hear. Unnecessary suffering, I say.

Cirion

The problem with the Peat method is that it ignores cause and effect. How many of the people using these supplements *know* that their issue is *caused by* a lack thereof? In your case, were the problems you have caused by a lack of thyroid? Doesn't Peat himself even say that the body lowers metabolism as a protective mechanism? Then why do so many Peaters and Peat himself ignore Peat's advice! Besides, if it were just about raising metabolism, then why not do cocaine, alcohol, speed, etc? Because... Restoring functionality is better than speeding up metabolism that is low (due to lack of functionality). What functionality are you lacking? Well, I didn't read the whole thread, but it seems something gut related ("all disease begins in the gut"). No wonder people's teeth are rotting our of their heads with the "best health advise," while our dogs can eat garbage, not brush, and have fine teeth for their lifespans...

Imagine a car that was running slow because of lack of oxygen, for example. Then we found a way to speed up the combustion in that lack of oxygen environment! This is what people keep attempting here! I feel like I've described this in various ways over and over - and my comments just get ignored because it isn't what people want to hear. Unnecessary suffering, I say.

I generally agree with this. Once you wean off supplements you expose your metabolism for what it really is. I am no longer taking any supplements at all except salt and sometimes magnesium. Caffeine, aspirin, and other tools are useful in the short term but have never brought me anything but problems long-term. Most peoples' bodies will heal naturally given the right food and proper rest, all these supplements are just unnecessary honestly IMO.

jimisonthenet

I generally agree with this. Once you wean off supplements you expose your metabolism for what it really is. I am no longer taking any supplements at all except salt and sometimes magnesium. Caffeine, aspirin, and other tools are useful in the short term but have never brought me anything but problems long-term. Most peoples' bodies will heal naturally given the right food and proper rest, all these supplements are just unnecessary honestly IMO.
I think you've worded a better reply than the previous post and offered some constructive advice, and so thank you. :)

I agree I just made a mistake and found thyroid to be helping me in the short term. I'll take it easier on supplements in the future. I know it's my fault, but Ray does advocate thyroid for a lot of issues, I just used too much too often. I'll learn from this, recuperate and move on.

Cirion

I think you've worded a better reply than the previous post and offered some constructive advice, and so thank you. :)

I agree I just made a mistake and found thyroid to be helping me in the short term. I'll take it easier on supplements in the future. I know it's my fault, but Ray does advocate thyroid for a lot of issues, I just used too much too often. I'll learn from this, recuperate and move on.

Lol no worries. Trust me I know, I have been there and done that too. I do think supplementation can have its uses, but I now will only supplement something if I am 100% certain I am deficient (i.e., from blood tests, hair analysis tests...etc...) and even then, "supplementation" from food is generally preferable where possible as that is more sustainable imo

mgrabs

I'm cold turkey off of thyroid for a week and really suffering for it, I haven't left the house for a week and feel knackered all the time. Getting my blood tests done tomorrow to measure thyroid levels
How did you make out after this?

Waynish

(Deep) Belly breathing (should become your default), focus on getting your liver functioning better, get sun at whatever cost.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals