Alcohol and flushing

teds

Forum Supporter
I don’t drink often! But when I have an event and want a glass of wine the red face and the heat is soooooo intense… possibly worse since I have been drinking less (last 15 years)..
has anyone worked out how to reduce the vasodilatory effects of alcohol?

I don’t drink often! But when I have an event and want a glass of wine the red face and the heat is soooooo intense… possibly worse since I have been drinking less (last 15 years)..
I didn’t get the heat in my face, but I would get the flushing, when I would drink alcohol. I switched to white tequila and that never happened again. It was histamine issues for me.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
There is a chance it's endotoxin related.
When my gut isn't great, I get that plus more from any alcohol at all.
Alcohol can increase the permeability of the intestines and allow endotoxin to go systemically.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
I didn’t get the heat in my face, but I would get the flushing, when I would drink alcohol. I switched to white tequila and that never happened again. It was histamine issues for me.
oh that's interesting. I can't stand tequila.. will consider other options to wine i guess.. though i like a glass of wine 3x per year :)

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
There is a chance it's endotoxin related.
When my gut isn't great, I get that plus more from any alcohol at all.
Alcohol can increase the permeability of the intestines and allow endotoxin to go systemically.
maybe .. but that doesn't solve the issue- the mechanism for flushing with alcohol is well known-- vasodilation.. you feel hot but you're actually loosing body heat..... i don't get flushing otherwise so if it's just being caused by a single glass of wine then there may be no way around that..

AmandaWald

It's a histamine thing. You could get some DAO supplements to deal with the histamine when you have alcohol, that might help.

I used to have this problem with drinking beer and eating salami. It caused flushing and a few other unpleasant symptoms, blocked nose, post-nasal drip, phlegm in my throat, constant throat clearing.

I drink less now and don't eat salami often, but I don't get such intense reactions any more. I think it is because my histamine clearance works better and it doesn't build up like it used to.

The ability to clear histamine from the body is related to liver function, estrogen, serotonin, endotoxins, adrenaline and magnesium status, and stress in general (because stress increases all the bad stuff and makes you use up your magnesium more quickly).

If you want a quick fix, DAO supplements. If you also want a longer-term solution, look at improving liver function and lowering estrogen. I always have fewer histamine symptoms during the two weeks I am taking Progest-E.

oh that's interesting. I can't stand tequila.. will consider other options to wine i guess.. though i like a glass of wine 3x per year :)
I didn’t like tequila either when I first made the switch, but I read how much more beneficial it is for health compared to anything else, including wine, so I forced myself to try it. I figured my dislike of tequila would make me want to drink less, but instead it made me really like tequila. I won’t drink anything else now. Only white tequila gets me out unscathed and feeling great the next day, white tequila, not the amber stuff.

frannybananny

I didn’t like tequila either when I first made the switch, but I read how much more beneficial it is for health compared to anything else, including wine, so I forced myself to try it. I figured my dislike of tequila would make me want to drink less, but instead it made me really like tequila. I won’t drink anything else now. Only white tequila gets me out unscathed and feeling great the next day, white tequila, not the amber stuff.
Yes, for the last multiple years the manufacturers seem to be adding "stuff" to amber tequila like extra flavoring, oak, agave? I don't know but I do know that the taste of Juervo gold tequila turned to pure crap about 10 years ago..... I only drink the silver or colorless tequila now... Camarena is good.

Yes, for the last multiple years the manufacturers seem to be adding "stuff" to amber tequila like extra flavoring, oak, agave? I don't know but I do know that the taste of Juervo gold tequila turned to pure crap about 10 years ago..... I only drink the silver or colorless tequila now... Camarena is good.
The other thing is, whether it be rum, whisky or dark tequila, the dark has 100 times more toxins in them than the white liquors, and that is what causes that queasiness, in the liver…

“When it comes to tequila there are 5 different types that you should be aware of: blanco, reposado, añejo, extra añejo, and cristalino. Now that you know its varieties, it’s time to focus on the cream of the crop when it comes to health, tequila blanco. Unlike other varieties, this type is made from 100% blue agave, and is unaged and bottled immediately after production. This means that it retains higher levels of fructose, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants than other types of tequila. Furthermore, it has a lower concentration of congeners (the chemical compounds produced during fermentation) which have been associated with hangover symptoms.”

supercoolguy

"Fructose has the exact opposite effect of Alcohol" RP.

I wonder if this would help reduce those symptoms. Some sort of a sweet juice 15-20min prior to hitting the jug.

Plus the beverage upgrades posted above.

I wonder if this would help reduce those symptoms. Some sort of a sweet juice 15-20min prior to hitting the jug.

“Because of its high fructose content, honeymay improve hangover symptoms. Depending on the type, it can be between 21% and 43% fructose, depending on the type (41Trusted Source).

While research on this subject is limited, fructose may help rid your body of alcohol more quickly (42Trusted Source, 43Trusted Source).

One study of 50 adults found that honey increased the rate of alcohol elimination by up to 32.4% (44Trusted Source).”

Jonk

Fwiw, I couldn't stand tequila either, but since trying "real" tequila in Mexico at first I couldn't imagine it being the same thing. In Sweden we basically have one kind and it tastes foul.

Fwiw, I couldn't stand tequila either, but since trying "real" tequila in Mexico at first I couldn't imagine it being the same thing. In Sweden we basically have one kind and it tastes foul.
Cheap tequila tastes terrible. I spend a little more, because you really do get what you pay for.

supercoolguy

“Because of its high fructose content, honeymay improve hangover symptoms. Depending on the type, it can be between 21% and 43% fructose, depending on the type (41Trusted Source).

While research on this subject is limited, fructose may help rid your body of alcohol more quickly (42Trusted Source, 43Trusted Source).

One study of 50 adults found that honey increased the rate of alcohol elimination by up to 32.4% (44Trusted Source).”

Great links. Tnx.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter

Excellent thanks 🙏🏻

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
Yep. I should try a really good one :)

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter

Worth a try over the holiday season.

OP
teds

teds

Forum Supporter
It's a histamine thing. You could get some DAO supplements to deal with the histamine when you have alcohol, that might help.

I used to have this problem with drinking beer and eating salami. It caused flushing and a few other unpleasant symptoms, blocked nose, post-nasal drip, phlegm in my throat, constant throat clearing.

I drink less now and don't eat salami often, but I don't get such intense reactions any more. I think it is because my histamine clearance works better and it doesn't build up like it used to.

The ability to clear histamine from the body is related to liver function, estrogen, serotonin, endotoxins, adrenaline and magnesium status, and stress in general (because stress increases all the bad stuff and makes you use up your magnesium more quickly).

If you want a quick fix, DAO supplements. If you also want a longer-term solution, look at improving liver function and lowering estrogen. I always have fewer histamine symptoms during the two weeks I am taking Progest-E.
lol - so everything 😂
No- this is another helpful response thank you. Histamine!!! Argh!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals