Low Toxin Recipes Banana Oat Bar Recipe

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Banana Oat Bar Recipe:

2.5 Cups of oats
2 cups of water
2 bananas
2 or 3 tablespoons of dextrose ( you can adjust this to your liking)

1. In a pot, heat up water and dextrose.
2. add 2.5 cups of oats to mixing bowl
3. add heated water/dextrose to the oats and mix
4. while oats are soaking up the water, take 2 bananas and mush them real good with a fork.
5. mix bananas in with oats
6. I use a clay type baking pan and put parchment paper on it for ease of cleaning
7. spread out oats on parchment paper.
8. bake oat bars for about 45 minutes on 350. Sometimes I go a little longer because I like them crispy a bit.

Dominus

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
Banana Oat Bar Recipe:

2.5 Cups of oats
2 cups of water
2 bananas

4. while oats are soaking up the water, take 2 bananas and mush them real good with a fork.
6. I use a clay type baking pan and put parchment paper on it for ease of cleaning
8. bake oat bars for about 45 minutes on 350. Sometimes I go a little longer because I like them crispy a bit.
Trying this today. Thanks!

Cow

What size baking pan should be used? Where do you stand on maple syrup? I can see it being scrumptious in this recipe.
1707788497127.png

Hidden49

Lower fat and lower sugar Cookies than other recipes:

1.5-2 cups of unfortified organic flour (I use whole wheat)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1-2 organic eggs (yellow yolk not orange)
1 teaspoon bicarb soda (can add 1 teaspoon of baking powder too)
2 scoops of Organic whey protein powder
Golden caster Sugar 60 grams (Dextrose seems like a better bet)
Organic Chocolate chips or two squares of a milk chocolate - I know chocolate is not ideal.. Any substitute ideas for chocolate that taste like chocolate are welcomed

Do not brown the cookies, browning baked goods means AGES - Advanced Glycation End products which are toxic to the liver and cells

Dave Clark

What is the purpose for the dextrose? It is a type of sugar, but isn't there enough in the bananas, or does it serve another purpose other than for sweetening in the recipe?

Dave Clark

To avoid fructose which supposdley slows down the liver
Not to be dense, but doesn't the bananas have enough sugar for the recipe? If dextrose is just a substitute for fructose. I get it., but why not just use regular cane sugar, or is there some other 'benefit' to using dextrose

Hidden49

Not to be dense, but doesn't the bananas have enough sugar for the recipe? If dextrose is just a substitute for fructose. I get it., but why not just use regular cane sugar, or is there some other 'benefit' to using dextrose
True good point ask @charlie I guess he's just trying to reduce the total fructose load I guess

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I made the oat bars this morning spread out on a big baking sheet lined with parchment. After they were done I let them cook and then cut them into pieces. I am drying them in a low heat oven since the insides are pretty moist and not to my liking. I think next time I will just drop spoonfuls on the parchment to make individual cookies. They taste great!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What is the purpose for the dextrose? It is a type of sugar, but isn't there enough in the bananas, or does it serve another purpose other than for sweetening in the recipe?
Dextrose makes it a little sweeter which I like and the glucose is pure fuel for the liver to detox. So you get the liver pumping out toxins and the oats to soak up the toxins. A bit of detoxmaxing if you will.

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
7-Inch Sourdough Boule (GF/V) Recipe by Fresh is Real

How's this for a sourdough bread? I've been making this for about 1 month now and it's the best tasting gluten free sourdough bread I've made. It has no eggs, no dairy. It's using different GF flours and psyllium, and one could possibly adjust them to still get 350g of GF flours. I didn't have buckwheat flour on hand, so I substituted with cassava and sorghum flours.

428899028_367859629428451_3719534488034646369_n.jpg
429735555_1091115255437151_3696712463848602517_n.jpg

Morten

Forum Supporter
Banana Oat Bar Recipe:

2.5 Cups of oats
2 cups of water
2 bananas

what about phytic acid in oats? Do you sprout them?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals