BCAAs - good or bad?

revenant

Brad Marshall makes the case that limiting BCAAs might help you lose weight and improve health in general:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVoKR8WdTr8

However, BCAAs + phenylalanine can also be used to reduce serotonin, which is good. And also if you want to make your own MAP-style protein while limiting methionine and tryptohan (both of which are pro-aging), I assume you have to include BCAAs, otherwise there's not much left.

I have tried the serotonin-lowering combo and I feel like it works for mental state, but weight loss has been impossible. Individual amino acids also do seem helpful for digestion, as per the thread on the forum.

Not sure how to fit all these together. Should those of us who have extra fat to lose be cutting down on BCAAs?

cremes

BCAA restrictions are a suggested intervention. Try it and see if you lose weight.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting we all change our diet’s permanently. Well, maybe some are.

DrJ

I would avoid them based on Brad's stuff. But also because you can lower dopamine by too much BCAA. That's a really bad feeling and I've encountered it when I was taking BCAA for body building. Don't recommend finding that one out for yourself.

Osukhan

I’ve watched most of Brads vids, I think the point he makes is that if you are IN torpor this may be a way out of it. I don’t think it’s for an average healthy person . I believe protein is essential especially if you are active and working out. But again on that note I do incorporate AKG and Stearic acid SEA in my diet
I also use EAAs regularly not bcaas, like MAP

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals