Best way to lower endotoxins?

ChadGPT

The search feature isn’t working for me right now, but I think I have a big problem with endotoxins. I have tinnitus and get a uti whenever I eat a significant amount of carbs. What’s the best way to lower endotoxins? Specific carbohydrate diet, colonics, antibiotics?

EvanHinkle

The best way is always gonna be what you can stick with or what feels the least stressful to you. I’ve used activated charcoal for endotoxin personally and I really like it/find it easy. Others get gut irritation from it, (so you might need to experiment some).

There’s good studies about tetracyclines reversing periodontal disease and osteoporosis. I think the dosing was 20-40 mg twice a day for 6 months, (but you might wanna check into the studies yourself). I’m beginning to think, (I recently stumbled upon an enlightening quote from Ray) that undetected periodontal disease may be ground zero/root cause for people who have a ton of endotoxin issues.

I don’t know as much about the select carbohydrate diet, so nothing much to add there. My only thought is that while it’s possible you may have some relief from
Endotoxin symptoms with it, avoiding anything/any particular food, probably isn’t a long-term solution. Better to fix the underlying issues and eat what feels right to you without restriction.

David PS

Dr. Peat talks about endotoxins from chronic intestinal inflamation and sinusitis and inflamed periodontal tissues and at the same time. He mentions some of the usual remedies - simple foods and fibers, the the simple drugs -aspirin, antihistamines, cypro and antibiotics. Finally, vitamin D3 and sunlight

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWA5okrw-iA&t=2683s

Jessie

For the long-term I would suggest eating a serving of wheat bran every day. The raw carrot salad is okay, but I prefer the bran because it has more insoluble fiber and almost no carotene. Taking some cascara occasionally (2-3 times a week) will keep you regular as well.

I think the antibiotics are great, but it's definitely a more drastic measure and usually only necessary for people that's been hypo for years. Hypothyroidism slows the intestines and endotoxin can build up. If you're getting plenty of calcium and your vitamin D and PTH levels are all adequate, and you're still not responding to thyroid, then taking an antibiotic might be the next step.

Santosh

The search feature isn’t working for me right now, but I think I have a big problem with endotoxins. I have tinnitus and get a uti whenever I eat a significant amount of carbs. What’s the best way to lower endotoxins? Specific carbohydrate diet, colonics, antibiotics?

Once a week : tablespoon of epsom salts to purge your bowels, followed a few hours after by a large coffee enema.

That enables me to eat practically what I want the next few days without any endotoxin symptom.

Glace

Have you tried spreading your carbs throughout the day, or focusing on simple sugars? Remember that the liver is responsible both for detoxifying endotoxin as well as producing enzymes to help digestion. If you are chronically poisoned with endotoxin, it may have trouble producing enough digestive juices to deal with a lot of carbs at once, and the undigested food could be feeding more endotoxin production. Maybe check serotonin symptoms as well.

David PS

Have you cosidered ginkgo biloba?

Perry Staltic

Any kind I think. It goes away when I cut out all carbs. Maybe fruit is ok, but I didn’t really pay attention when I tried that. But it happens with grains and sugar for sure.

Just wondering what kind of fiber you get. Butyrate maintains a healthy gut, which prevents LPS from leaking into the system.

golder

Just wondering what kind of fiber you get. Butyrate maintains a healthy gut, which prevents LPS from leaking into the system.
That sounds really useful. Surprised Ray never mentioned Butyrate given how useful that would be in an endotoxin context?

Perry Staltic

That sounds really useful. Surprised Ray never mentioned Butyrate given how useful that would be in an endotoxin context?

I don't know. I've only read one thing in which he did mention beneficial SCFA, but seemed to dismiss them over his concern for lactate being one of them. Lactate actually can contribute to butyrate production via bacterial crossfeeding, ie some bacteria produce lactate which is consumed by other bacteria that produce butyrate

Dapose

Forum Supporter

I hear ya. I feel like I could have written this post today. My ears are ringing like crazy right now. Here’s what I’m doing. Just had two carrots with strong peppery real olive oil. With a splash of Umboshi vinegar and Celtic salt. I had a pill form of activated charcoal. Washed it down with a chamomile tea. I don’t ever get UTIs but my girlfriend used to and we found her D-mannose. Works very well. 3 pills like two times a day. I have never herd Ray talk about a uti remedy but the D-mannose works. 👍

A-Tim

I hear ya. I feel like I could have written this post today. My ears are ringing like crazy right now. Here’s what I’m doing. Just had two carrots with strong peppery real olive oil. With a splash of Umboshi vinegar and Celtic salt. I had a pill form of activated charcoal. Washed it down with a chamomile tea. I don’t ever get UTIs but my girlfriend used to and we found her D-mannose. Works very well. 3 pills like two times a day. I have never herd Ray talk about a uti remedy but the D-mannose works. 👍

There is a certain buddhist community that uses the ringing ear sound as a meditation object (most other groups typically use something like breath sensations).

What a person finds is that the ringing sound is usually always there, we just don't attend to it and it kind of disappears into the background. Have you considered leaning into an attitude of accepting the sound (for the moment), as a temporary solution?

Kyle970

Can relate as well, one of my least favorite symptoms. Not always related to carbs in my case but probably endotox not helping either. Other possibilities: lymph, emf, spiritual haunting(joking, sort of).
Some herbs like Gingko etc help sometimes... but everything I take usually helps only temporarily.
Things that help:
Tinnitus zapper on YouTube, on bad nights sometimes I'll fall asleep to it.
Alternative hot cold shower/bath/sauna.
Grounding bare foot.
Driving to the country and/or camping.
Stress seems to be a trigger but it is always inconsistent.

Sefton10

I find that combining vitamin C with starch helps. A 1/4 teaspoon of camu camu, for example. Also, activated charcoal is great last thing before bed, as others have said.

Frankdee20

Some antibiotics really clean your gut good. That would be my guess

FitnessMike

@Santosh Are Epsom salts (I assume magnesium sulfate) edible for oral use?

David PS

@Santosh Are Epsom salts (I assume magnesium sulfate) edible for oral use?
You would need to read the product label. I would not expect the purity to be high on the products used in foot baths.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals