Better Metabolism- Higher Heart Rate And. Lower Oxygen Saturation (spO2)?

Cirion

when I first wake up it can be 92 or 94.

I think this is a good thing!

Yes Peat has said people with highest IQ's have 85+ pulse. I have noticed sometimes my pulse is high and temp is low, though. Ideally you want both to be high.

lampofred

Yes Peat has said people with highest IQ's have 85+ pulse. I have noticed sometimes my pulse is high and temp is low, though. Ideally you want both to be high.

I think he is talking about oxygen saturation %.

I think getting mine lower would cure a lot of my issues. The effect is the same as smoking cigarettes or moving to a high altitude. But it's really hard...

Cirion

I think getting mine lower would cure a lot of my issues. The effect is the same as smoking cigarettes or moving to a high altitude. But it's really hard...

I think O2 is somewhat of a false flag. What really matters is CO2. Fix CO2, fix all other issues down the line like O2.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Yes, in my experience it is quite common. It’s always possible you have a bit of obstructive apnea too and when lying down and relaxing your airway might become partially blocked. That’s just an educated guess of course.

Thanks blossom. The possibility of obstructive apnea playing a role here for me, that's always possible. I should observe myself this way more often. It actually felt good to see my readings go down and the oximeter start beeping. It seemed like a good thing, meaning that my tissues are actually continually, though not continuously, using this much oxygen, even at rest. Just not sure whether a cyclical sporadic burst is normal, or whether it should be a consistent rate.

In the past, when I was taking care of my mom and observing the oximeter, I would always be concerned when the readings do down and the oximeter gives its warning beeps. I wonder if I should see that as a good thing.

I don't know if this has anything to do with increased energy expenditure at rest due to some extra demands internally. Lately, my temps are slightly high but my heart rate has gone slightly lower. I noticed that my wbc and my neutrophils are much much higher at my last check a few days ago, and I suspect it's related to my arterial plaque being lysed and broken down, and in the process bacteria is being released from the biofilm being disrupted. So perhaps the increased work of my innate immune system is leading to increased oxygen consumption, maybe?

Then again, what I'm observing on the spO2 readings could just be very normal, and I only noticed it now.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

when I first wake up it can be 92 or 94.

I think this is a good thing!

That's a nice reading- I think. It means your body is using sleep to rebuild, repair, restore etc. It involves a lot of energy expenditure, and oxygen consumption is needed. And high tissue oxygenation is reflected in lower spO2 readings.

I seem to remember that earlier in the thread you were waking up to higher readings. Did something change or did I recall wrongly?

Thanks. It's oxygen saturation I'm talking about.

Low spO2 could definitely result from smoking cigarettes, so it's important to know the context. But this is a case of hypoxemia, as opposed to the healthy condition where good tissue oxygenation leads to lower spO2 readings. Low oxygen supply vs. high oxygen consumption.

I think O2 is somewhat of a false flag. What really matters is CO2. Fix CO2, fix all other issues down the line like O2.

Not so. You're getting it wrong here. Tissue oxygenation is what's important. CO2 is an enabler to it, to allow oxygen to be released from blood easily to the tissues. You just don't fix CO2 and everything's fine. You also make sure you have good oxygen supply. And you also make sure your blood vessels are not restricted by plaque from receiving oxygen. There are many other things to consider as well.

When I had mercury toxicity, I had hypoxemia and it restricted the amount of oxygen I could receive. When hemoglobin carries less oxygen because mercury occupies the site where oxygen attaches to hemoglobin, I get less oxygen and this is the hypoxemia I experienced before.

So, no, it's not just fixing CO2.

Last edited:

Cirion

My understanding was that O2 is generated from CO2, I believe Ray wrote about this but don't quote me on it unless I can find the quote, and therefore sleep apnea (as a good example) is not an O2 deficiency, but a CO2 deficiency, but is manifested as an O2 deficiency, hence why traditional treatment (CPAP) does not fix the root problem because all CPAP machines focus on is increasing oxygen levels. One thing you can do, which I'd love to do if I could, is put dry ice near my CPAP machine, but dry ice is expensive and you can't store it more than a day without it evaporating so no idea how I would easily try this experiment. Often times, lowering oxygen levels also concurrently increases CO2 levels and that is why doing things like bag breathing can increase CO2.

Why not at least measure it even if you don't think it matters? It'd be curious to look at regardless if you agree with me or not. I wish I could measure CO2 levels but it requires a capnograph, so I can't really test my hypothesis here until I own one, which I probably will one day, but it's like $5000+ for a good one sadly. So if you aren't willing to shell out that money, I totally understand, as I am not either currently lol.

Cirion

OP
yerrag

yerrag

nwo2012: 97% sat, 78 bpm, 36.9C (oral)
Aspekt: 98%, 87, 36.1C
yerrag: 99%, 56, 36.5C (ear)
blossom: 99%, 79, 36.5C (oral)

36,9-37 Temp
95-96 Ox
68-70 Puls

36.6c
84hr
97 oxsat

After a year and a half roughly,

my spO2 is now consistently in 97-98%, but heart rate hasn't changed at 56 waking up, and temps though, got lower at 36.2

I'd been removing some plaque and bacteria biofilm from my blood vessels. Initially using proteolytic enzymes, then found out that as plaque was being lysed, bacteria was also being released, likely from biofilm being disrupted. The increase in circulating bacteria in my blood vessels resulted in lower temps, and this was most likely from bacterial enzymes negatively affecting insulin production. I gained 20 lbs as well. In a recent interview, Ray Peat had mentioned that poor blood sugar regulation can cause low thyroid.

I've got a better handle of my situation though, and I'm addressing the bacteria issue with a new protocol. This will involve the use of TCM herbs and some essential oils, as well as antibiotics. I hope to continue to lyse plaque and remove biofilm from my blood vessels, while at the same time have the ability to kill periodontal bacteria and its symbiotic bacteria and fungi, as well as neutralize the enzymes that are robbing me of arginine substrates, needed to produce nitric oxide for vasodilation, and also negatively affecting my production of insulin.

I'm just glad to see my spO2 improve for a start. I hope to see 95-96 more often, as I occasionally see them but I don't consider these values describe me yet. Hopefully, as my blood vessels clear up of plaque and biofilm, I can also see increased heart rate.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

@nwo2012 @Blossom @ecstatichamster @Ahanu @Aspekt

My oxygen saturation these days have gone down to 95-96.

This is getting to the optimal levels as Ray has mentioned in recent recent interviews, where it ranges form around 90-96 more or less.

I'm elated, but I also want to check with you if you're seeing lower levels as well - in light of the COVID-19 situation.

When the lungs are not getting enough oxygen into the blood, leading to hypoxemia, or low blood oxygen transport levels, the oxygen saturation could also go lower. And in COVID-19, the spO2 levels could become lower, not because of higher tissue oxygenation, but due to lower oxygen uptake by blood in the lungs.

I'm having dry cough lately, and I'm shrugging it off, but the low spO2 levels are making me think twice.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Thanks.

I think I'm good though. I just have a regular cough. It's not so bad, just sporadic. At worst, it's just my body's immune system ably responding to the virus.

My spO² would range from 95-98. It's better than when I'd just get 99 a year ago. Since I've been lysing plaque as well as busting biofilms in my blood vessels, I'm glad that the effort is paying off in terms of better tissue oxygenation.

Ficini

Got my oximeter today:
38.2 Temp (rectal)
95-96 Ox
63-67 Puls

I am at sea level, at the tropics. My temp is usually at 38, but it feels very good. My pulse seems a bit low, but it's actually high in my context. I have a history of 7 years long distance running and last year I was at 44, even 40 sometimes.
I eat what I call a 'spartan' peaty diet, with fruits, cheese, oxtail soup, coffee, sugar, liver, crabs and oyster. I take one grain of thyroid / day and ocasionally some B1 and B2.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

Great tissue oxygenation!

We have about the same pulse, although I wasn't a long-distance runner.

Why is your temperature that high?

Ficini

Thank you!

My temperature might be high because my body likes it there, and it is very easy to maintain it (I eat lots of simple carbs, the weather here is always warm: 30C day and night, and I also use red light every day).

There might be an infection somewhere? Anyways, I really like this warm feeling. :)
Great tissue oxygenation!

We have about the same pulse, although I wasn't a long-distance runner.

Why is your temperature that high?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

There might be an infection somewhere?

It's like at fever level, and at that level isn't associated with a low-grade infection (low grade meaning it's not considered a fever).

What is your WBC and neutrophils in your CBC?

Sometimes, endotoxins could also put your immune system at a state of alert, raising your temperature.

Ficini

Last time I checked (10 months ago), I had high eosinophils. Ray Peat said this might happen to hypothiroid people.
My girlfriend has interesting readings
37.1 Temp
99 Ox
85 Puls
I think she goes into the 'is this possible?' area you mentioned. :)

It's like at fever level, and at that level isn't associated with a low-grade infection (low grade meaning it's not considered a fever).

What is your WBC and neutrophils in your CBC?

Sometimes, endotoxins could also put your immune system at a state of alert, raising your temperature.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Last time I checked (10 months ago), I had high eosinophils. Ray Peat said this might happen to hypothiroid people.
My girlfriend has interesting readings
37.1 Temp
99 Ox
85 Puls
I think she goes into the 'is this possible?' area you mentioned. :)

For sure. I was thinking at low tissue oxygenation, how could the pulse be that high? Maybe not because of high metabolic rate, but more out of the heart not pumping very efficiently causing heart rate to be high? It's not very clear cut.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals