Biphasic Sleep

Soybean

Some historians have argued that up until recently, humans have had a biphasic sleep schedule, sleeping for 4 hours at sundown, awake for 1-2 hours, and back to sleep.

Cortisol rises through the night, and energy stores run out as well (especially in the case of poor metabolism). In a peaty paradigm, eating many small meals is advised, to keep cortisol low and the body running on sugar. Sleeping for 8 hours, not eating, elevating cortisol seems unhelpful.

Do any of you guys have some insight into biphasic sleep? Perhaps also to have a small meal between the two sleep phases?

Might give biphasic sleep a try if my schedule allows it.

Gadsie

I have never slept 8 hours straight in my life. Usually I fall asleep pretty fast again, but I have experimented drinking a little milk when I wake up and it seems to make the second part of my night more restorative. Good luck soybean

Michi

I seem to be on this schedule right now a few weeks into changing my diet. I keep either OJ by my side or water with electrolytes to drink if I wake up.

I’m curious on why I ended up on this schedule and if I need to change anything to get more sleep.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals