Brewer's Yeast A Cure For Diabetes And More..

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The definition of a disease, and the recognition of its presence, has an important place in medicine, but understanding its cause or causes is essential for both treatment and prevention. The dominant belief in medicine is that diseases are significantly caused by “genes,” including diseases such as cancer, diabetes, psychoses, and neurological diseases. In Israel, ethnic groups that had never had much diabetes before immigrating, within a single generation had diabetes as often as other Israelis. Shortly after insulin became available for the treatment of diabetes, the incidence of the disease in the U.S. began to increase. The simple death rate from diabetes per 100,000 population is now higher than it was in 1920, before insulin treatment became available. Neurological diseases and autoimmune diseases, along with diabetes and cancer, have increased greatly in recent generations. These simply aren’t genetic diseases, and there should be a shift of resources away from useless or harmful treatments toward their prevention.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The polyunsaturated fats are universally toxic to the energy producing system, and act as a "misleading signal" channeling cellular adaptation down certain self-defeating pathways. Diabetes is just one of the "terminal" diseases that can be caused by the polyunsaturated vegetable oils. Coconut oil, in diabetes as in other degenerative diseases, is highly protective.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When I wrote Nutrition for Women, I mentioned that the sudden appearance of diabetes in non-European Jews when they moved to Isreal made the genetic theory of diabetes untenable, and since then other studies have made the similar point that environmental factors seem crucial. (Shaltout, et al.) Many people are arguing for the racial/genetic theory of diabetes, but they are failing to consider some simple dietary factors, especially the high consumption of unsaturated seed oils and the combination of nutritional deficiencies and environmental stress.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When the oral contraceptive pill was new (Enovid), it was found to produce signs of diabetes, including decreased glucose tolerance. Spellacy and Carlson (1966) suggested that an elevation of circulating free fatty acids might be responsible, and remarked that "Free fatty acids can block the Krebs cycle, with relative insulin action resistance resulting." "The potential danger of the oral contraceptives is one of prolonged pancreatic stimulation." Recent papers are reporting that the estrogen used to "treat menopause" causes an increase in free fatty acids. Spellacy and Carlson suggested that estrogen's effect was mediated by growth hormone, and that is now the consensus. Women are much more likely than men to develop diabetes.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Citrus fruits have regularly recommended to people suffering from diabetes and obesity. Kumquat is no different. The high fiber content can help ward off cravings and limit the number of calories ingested.

It has a positive effect as it can help stabilize your insulin levels and protect you from the blood sugar spikes and dips that are so dangerous.

People at risk of developing type-2 diabetes are also advised to consume this fruit as it can inhibit the development of the disease by helping control insulin levels and combat insulin resistance in somatic cells.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Gelatin is a great addition for anyone with, or is heading towards diabetes…

“Accumulating studies have indicated that L-arginine may have potential to prevent and/or relieve type 2 diabetes via restoring insulin sensitivity in vivo.”

Badger

I have been having a sort of Orange Julius shake most days, made with whole raw milk, the juice AND peels of two fresh oranges, a giant spoonful of raw white whipped honey and salt, and noticed how really hungry they make me not too long after. I looked it up and it turns out that orange peels are really good for lowering blood sugar levels and for kidney function, which is something to really consider for diabetics….

How do you prepare the peels to eat?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
How do you prepare the peels to eat?
I just use one of these two tools to eat the peels raw on ice cream, in my coffee or in my shakes or cooked in my custards, oatmeal, jellos and such. I use organic marmalade in a lot of ways too for their peels. I even “candied” kumquats whole, which were deciduous too!

Attachments

• 77707E67-02BA-4D86-8310-C40A918DAED8.jpeg
    77707E67-02BA-4D86-8310-C40A918DAED8.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 31
  • FD855E28-B967-4DC6-9504-0B4FF01C7726.jpeg
    FD855E28-B967-4DC6-9504-0B4FF01C7726.jpeg
    549.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 41A23173-3A33-4B31-9C27-0CE844D29FD2.jpeg
    41A23173-3A33-4B31-9C27-0CE844D29FD2.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 28
  • EEA8CF91-807D-416E-84FC-B28A59BA4601.jpeg
    EEA8CF91-807D-416E-84FC-B28A59BA4601.jpeg
    422.6 KB · Views: 28
  • CFD09A9A-5549-45DF-BA51-5F9DC3661D19.jpeg
    CFD09A9A-5549-45DF-BA51-5F9DC3661D19.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 5C8BE785-4C90-42C9-A790-0AA981DEAB93.jpeg
    5C8BE785-4C90-42C9-A790-0AA981DEAB93.jpeg
    500.8 KB · Views: 27
  • A4C0293D-AD92-4C2D-AE89-3C6168A0849B.jpeg
    A4C0293D-AD92-4C2D-AE89-3C6168A0849B.jpeg
    458.1 KB · Views: 26
  • BD465D4C-5C13-4FD5-82A8-5F40551D06BF.jpeg
    BD465D4C-5C13-4FD5-82A8-5F40551D06BF.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DA358555-8171-4F31-8818-11D44021C46D.jpeg
    DA358555-8171-4F31-8818-11D44021C46D.jpeg
    513.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 4A2B1735-6306-4544-9037-CA14A8750322.jpeg
    4A2B1735-6306-4544-9037-CA14A8750322.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 35

J.R.K

“The definition of a disease, and the recognition of its presence, has an important place in medicine, but understanding its cause or causes is essential for both treatment and prevention. The dominant belief in medicine is that diseases are significantly caused by “genes,” including diseases such as cancer, diabetes, psychoses, and neurological diseases. In Israel, ethnic groups that had never had much diabetes before immigrating, within a single generation had diabetes as often as other Israelis. Shortly after insulin became available for the treatment of diabetes, the incidence of the disease in the U.S. began to increase. The simple death rate from diabetes per 100,000 population is now higher than it was in 1920, before insulin treatment became available. Neurological diseases and autoimmune diseases, along with diabetes and cancer, have increased greatly in recent generations. These simply aren’t genetic diseases, and there should be a shift of resources away from useless or harmful treatments toward their prevention.“ -Ray Peat
I agree with this wholeheartedly. It is unfortunate that the profit margins for Dr Peats ideas are just not lucrative enough or creating long term clients developing future needs for other treatments for the resulting side effects from previously prescribed treatments.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I agree with this wholeheartedly. It is unfortunate that the profit margins for Dr Peats ideas are just not lucrative enough or creating long term clients developing future needs for other treatments for the resulting side effects from previously prescribed treatments.
How true that is JR.

Badger

I just use one of these two tools to eat the peels raw on ice cream, in my coffee or in my shakes or cooked in my custards, oatmeal, jellos and such. I use organic marmalade in a lot of ways too for their peels. I even “candied” kumquats whole, which were deciduous too!
Nice. I looked closely at each picture enlarged. "RePeat" - good one!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Diabetes was named for the excessive urination it causes, and for the sugar in the urine. It was called the sugar disease, and physicians were taught that sugar was the problem. Patients were ordered to avoid sweet foods, and in hospitals they were sometimes locked up to keep them from finding sweets. The practice was derived from ideology, not from any evidence that the treatment helped.

In 1857, M. Piorry in Paris and William Budd in Bristol, England, reasoned that if a patient was losing a pound of sugar every day in 10 liters of urine, and was losing weight very rapidly, and had an intense craving for sugar, it would be reasonable to replace some of the lost sugar, simply because the quick weight loss of diabetes invariably led to death. Keeping patients from eating what they craved seemed both cruel and futile.

After Budd's detailed reports of a woman's progressive recovery over a period of several weeks when he prescribed 8 ounces of sugar every day, along with a normal diet including beef and beef broth, a London physician, Thomas Williams, wrote sarcastically about Budd's metaphysical ideas, and reported his own trial of a diet that he described as similar to Budd's. But after two or three days he decided his patients were getting worse, and stopped the experiment.

Williams' publication was presented as a scientific refutation of Budd's deluded homeopathic ideas, but Budd hadn't explained his experiment as anything more than an attempt to slow the patient's death from wasting which was sure to be the result of losing so much sugar in the urine. The following year Budd described another patient, a young man who had become too weak to work and who was losing weight at an extreme rate. Budd's prescription included 8 ounces of white sugar and 4 ounces of honey every day, and again, instead of increasing the amount of glucose in the urine, the amount decreased quickly as the patient began eating almost as much sugar as was being lost initially, and then as the loss of sugar in the urine decreased, the patient gained weight and recovered his strength.

Drs. Budd and Piorry described patients recovering from an incurable disease, and that has usually been enough to make the medical profession antagonistic. Even when a physician has himself diagnosed diabetes and told a patient that it would be necessary to inject insulin for the rest of his life, if that patient recovers by changing his diet, the physician will typically say that the diagnosis was wrong, because diabetes is incurable.

Twenty-five years ago, some rabbits were made diabetic with a poison that killed their insulin-secreting pancreatic beta-cells, and when some of them recovered from the diabetes after being given supplemental DHEA, it was found that their beta-cells had regenerated. The more recent interest in stem cells has led several research groups to acknowledge that in animals the insulin-producing cells are able to regenerate.

It is now conceivable that there will be an effort to understand the factors that damage the beta-cells, and the factors that allow them to regenerate. The observations of Budd and Piorry would be a good place to start such a reconsideration.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Rosemary tea can also help to regulate blood sugar levels. The plant compounds in rosemary can help to slow down the absorption of sugar in the gut. This can help to prevent spikes in blood sugar levels after meals. Rosemary tea can also help to increase insulin sensitivity, which can also help to regulate blood sugar levels.

“If you're someone who struggles with managing their blood sugar levels, drinking rosemary tea could be a helpful addition to your routine.

A study of rats found that rosemary leaf extract was able to significantly lower their post-meal glucose levels! More research is needed on this subject but it's looking like rosemary could be promising for those with diabetes or prediabetes.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A lowered metabolic rate and energy production is a common feature of aging and most degenerative diseases. From the beginning of an animal's life, sugars are the primary source of energy, and with maturation and aging there is a shift toward replacing sugar oxidation with fat oxidation. Old people are able to metabolize fat at the same rate as younger people, but their overall metabolic rate is lower, because they are unable to oxidize sugar at the same high rate as young people. Fat people have a similar selectively reduced ability to oxidize sugar.

Stress and starvation lead to a relative reliance on the fats stored in the tissues, and the mobilization of these as circulating free fatty acids contributes to a slowing of metabolism and a shift away from the use of glucose for energy.“ -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals