Building Muscle

aquaman

Filip1993 said:
@Tca300 What's a good amount of fat in your opinion? Let say I eat around 3000 calories, is 50 grams of fat ok?

In another thread he says he eats 13 grams of fat per day - wow.

I was always thinking that low fat was like <50g per day!

aquaman

Nstocks said:
My upper body is the only part I'm actually interested in building!

Unfortunately the body doesn't work like that. You'll have to do leg exercises - especially squats - to get bigger, faster. Without them you will limit your gains and throw your body out of alignment.

Suikerbuik

tca300 said:
People getting fat from "overeating" are getting fat because they are eating too much fat, Not carbs.
Carbs in excess will also enhance de novo lipogenesis.

J

j.

tca300 said:
"Insane advice" my and my clients physiques speak for themselves. If you don't look and perform like me, shut up.

tca300 said:
People getting fat from "overeating" are getting fat because they are eating too much fat, Not carbs.

lol, more pure insanity

superhuman

tca300 said:
"Insane advice" my and my clients physiques speak for themselves. If you don't look and perform like me, shut up.
You don't need to lift weights at all. Keep doing your body weight exercises. The issue is people who exclusively use body weight exercises will get to the point of doing 100's of push ups etc at a time. You wont build much muscle at all with high reps like that. I would suggest looking up progressively harder variations of body weight exercises so you can keep the reps between 12 or below, I would work on pull ups or body weight rows too, your doing too many upper push movements in comparison to upper pull movements, which will create internally rotated shoulders and jack up your posture. Your sedentary at work, ok... so... don't be sedentary when you get home, stand, workout, walk around etc.. and being sedentary at work wont affect your gains. I said SUCROSE ( fruit ) and or starch. I don't recommend starch, I just know most cant afford to get most of there calories from fruit. Can you not get lean meats? The raw goat milk is good, but if you are pretty sedentary most of the time, the fat from it will likely get stored. For your current body weight, even if you are working out hard, your system wont use more than about 140 grams, so 100-140 grams of quality animal protein per day would be optimal. Calories are important, but like Ben said, that should be based on appetite, and how you feel. 2600 per day would most likely allow you to build muscle at a slow pace while losing fat, but there's too many variables. For instance I weigh 180lbs and I get heart palpitations and cant sleep well if I eat under 2800 calories per day. I've seen people cut calories to lose weight and it just makes them fat. The body is very smart and if it knows your cutting the food intake back, it will really start to store fat so it has energy for later. People getting fat from "overeating" are getting fat because they are eating too much fat, Not carbs.

who are you and your clients? care to post pictures? would be cool :D

What is your thoughts in regards to meal frequency?

And what other things do you find as key for esp holding on or building some muscle but most importantly dropping bodyfat? i want to get really lean like 5-8% bodyfat

tara

superhuman said:
And what other things do you find as key for esp holding on or building some muscle but most importantly dropping bodyfat? i want to get really lean like 5-8% bodyfat

Maybe use a different thread for this particular goal? OP wants to gain muscle, but also needs to recover from consequences of restrictive eating. Encouragement to pursue goals like 5-8% body fat may be conterproductive for him in this context. It's kind of OT.

aquaman

j. said:
tca300 said:

tca300 said:

lol, more pure insanity

this largely ties in with RPs writings - he says often that fat loss diet would be fruit + skim milk

OP
N

Nstocks

Would resistance bands be worth buying for the time being?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Premium-Resista ... ance+bands

I'm doing very little exercise right now (no energy, Thiroyd supplement from Thailand arrived toda, back hurts from doing only push movements) and I know every pound I've gained has gone straight to my stomach, perhaps because I'm not stressing any muscles.

Also, my protein on average is less than 100g per day. Should I take the plunge and just buy some kind of protein bar? (main sources are raw goat milk, 0% yogurt, meat, collagen) For acne related supplements, I won't use whey or casein.

Filip1993

aquaman said:
Filip1993 said:
@Tca300 What's a good amount of fat in your opinion? Let say I eat around 3000 calories, is 50 grams of fat ok?

In another thread he says he eats 13 grams of fat per day - wow.

I was always thinking that low fat was like <50g per day!

That is extremely low... Anything under 50g makes me feel like crap..

jyb

Filip1993 said:
That is extremely low... Anything under 50g makes me feel like crap..

Anything under many hundred grams of fat makes me feel like crap.

Daimyo

Nstocks your "problem" is a problem of motivation and not having... priorities straight. You say u can't afford enough food... Well then earn more money so u can afford enough. Unless u live in middle of the nowhere (and u don't really have middle o nowhere in UK) it's not that difficult to get a job (like any job) that will give you extra 50 quid a week. It's like 12-15 hours a week (after tax) of caring for people that weren't peating during they life. If u get a job in a restaurant u will get some food as a bonus. It might not be the best, but it will be OK for bulking. So many possibilities...

"I use to add sugar to my milk but for me it ruins the taste (raw milk is delicious as it it). I eat a few tablespoons of honey a day when I have watermelon or coffee. Yesterday " You want to gain muscles or you want to have few minutes of pleasure drinking a tasty drink? Again priorities... Just up your calories. Joey Chestnut can eat 69 Hot Dogs with Bun in 12 minutes (that's more than 21.000 kcal) and u can't eat 3500 kcal in a day?

"I probably could afford a low cost gym but to be honest I have no desire to join a gym! I know it's about my body and my goals, but I can't be around people who constantly check themselves out openly in public amongst other things. I've never been to a gym in my life!"

First of all. You are technically lying. You CAN be around "those people" because there's nothing physically stopping you from doing that. But you are CHOOSING not to be around "those people" because you might feel uncomfortable. Then there's that issue that you never been somewhere but you know what are "those people" are doing there... How u know?

Also increase both your volume and intensity. As a newbie you are not coming close to being in a point where you can't recovery and all that...

Just so you don't think I am some kind of keyboard jockey that's my picture:
I'm 188cm and 100 kg (6'2 and 220 pounds). And I'm hypothyroid too.
http://www.nadalekimwschodzie.com/wp-co ... -Majda.jpg
Signed:
One of "those people"

OP
N

Nstocks

I appreciate you taking the time and, what seems to be reading the entirety of this thread.

Your'e absolutely right on some points...

My priority is to work on my career (whilst in a retail job I dislike) and whilst that isn't my only goal in life and working out might only take a small fraction of my life, right now it's not a priority to workout. I simply made this thread for support on how to 'bulk' as a skinny hypothyroid male, getting the best quality nutrition as possible to kickstart growth. (and a few have posted how exercise isn't actually that important. I'm looking for little, "newbie" growth so I'm inclined to believe there is some truth in not killing it at the gym and right now I doubt my body can handle the stress anyway)

I know I'm not alone here, but I can't be "one of those people" who work their a** off in a job they have no enjoyment in doing as a means to an end. (these people exist in the vast majority but as a creative, I know that's not an issue for me, I love what I do outside of what I actually get paid for) I have bigger goals in life and I know once I get there, everything else will fall into place. Socially, financially, mentally, physically, emotionally.

Good for Joey, but Joey isn't me and I think it's pointless comparing human X to human X. Some people are stronger than you, some people are weaker than me it's irrelevant to personal situations, unless perhaps genetics or deep underlying issues are a common ground (and as far as I know, my entire family is obese and died quite young... I've increased 500 calories above maintenance and no longer fit it any clothes.... Hello spandex, which is insane since I have a slim frame anyway)

Eating 3500 calories is probably doable for me, but to get there would require an insane volume of liquids, or complete garbage like hot dogs. I'm over food fears, but I have standards and frankly, they are more important than having the bigger pair of biceps at the gym. Absolutely, I'm choosing not to be around a group of people I have no interest in being around. (stereotypical and judgemental here, but one look at social media profiles is the easier way to depict the gym-goers, or what some might cal, douce bags for wearing almost nothing, just so their piers know what they look like.... to be "approved". We all know that is a big issue these days, and I've never wanted to be "approved" which is probably why I'm so different to my contemporaries.

Now, if you have basic guideline, or even info on you story behind your hypo (was you slim beforehand), I'd be very interested. I imagine your mindset took much longer than the age of this post to change, as did your physique and it's probably easier for you to write about it "afterwards" once you've been through it all. Posting those types of questions on a bodybuilding forum is quite useless and I've been told to take steroids... My Brother did that, he now complains about tiny testicles and now takes injections for his messed up hormones after 4 weeks of testosterone.

EDIT: I can see from your website it took 3 years to get built, of which was with steroids. I'm open to many things, but those kind of things don't appeal to me in the slightest.

EDIT 2: It seems if you are the author of this website (http://www.nadalekimwschodzie.com)[Admin edit: Link contains nudity], that the built male, in my mind based on what I'm reading ("How to make a girl swallow"), is not someone I can really get along with. I know, I know, everyone wants sex but objectification of women like that is incredibly ugly to me.

jyb

Nstocks said:
Eating 3500 calories is probably doable for me, but to get there would require an insane volume of liquids, or complete garbage like hot dogs.

For the purposes that you mention...whole dairy, cream, butter, ice-cream would get you there easily. And cheaply.

OP
N

Nstocks

jyb said:
Nstocks said:
Eating 3500 calories is probably doable for me, but to get there would require an insane volume of liquids, or complete garbage like hot dogs.

For the purposes that you mention...whole dairy, cream, butter, ice-cream would get you there easily. And cheaply.

Indeed and last year I ate 500ml of ice-cream almost daily (Matt stone). This was also when I began getting abdominal fat so I stopped. Maybe now that I'm on NDT (1/4 per day) I will soon have better metabolism. I'm not sure so much fat (in addition to raw goat milk) is that good though.

jyb

Nstocks said:
Indeed and last year I ate 500ml of ice-cream almost daily (Matt stone). This was also when I began getting abdominal fat so I stopped. Maybe now that I'm on NDT (1/4 per day) I will soon have better metabolism. I'm not sure so much fat (in addition to raw goat milk) is that good though.

Well calories need to come from somewhere. Try to convert 3500kcal to the equivalent amount of pure sugar. I'm sure you'll agree you'll need fat, if you believe you need that amount of calories (which doesn't seem high).

OP
N

Nstocks

jyb said:
Nstocks said:

Try to convert 3500kcal to the equivalent amount of pure sugar. I'm sure you'll agree you'll need fat, if you believe you need that amount of calories (which doesn't seem high).

240 teaspoons of sugar!

Filip1993

jyb said:
Nstocks said:

Agreed. From personal experience, going high carb low fat is not that great. I have upped my sat fat intake recently (mostly through whole milk, butter, yoghurt and coconut oil) and feel a lot better. I guess we are all different but that's my experience for what it's worth.

OP
N

Nstocks

Maybe it's worth experimenting again with ice cream. I eat a pint of greek yogurt a day, mostly for the higher protein content along with 2 pints raw milk.

aquaman

Nstocks said:
I simply made this thread for support on how to 'bulk' as a skinny hypothyroid male, getting the best quality nutrition as possible to kickstart growth. (

Well, it's not going to work by eating alone.

Step 1: eat 500+ calories over maintenance
Step 2: go to the gym 2-3 times a week and lift weights for 20-30 minutes probably starting with just 3 exercises at a time and 2-3 mins rest between sets, check in with your body each day after to see if you have overdone it. Take more Thyroid to support you, work out before 4pm to prevent sleep disturbance, recover well (ie sleep more, don't drink alcohol). Take 5-6 day breaks if you need them. [edit: go once per week if needed at the start]

Increase weight lifted when you feel you can, increase time of training, increase regularity.

Do this for 6 months.

You don't need a 10 page thread to find a magic answer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals