Can a 27 year old girl take progesterone every day? Is it bad to lose menstruation for a temporary time?

CreakyJoints

I don't want to derail this thread because I'm also curious about this, so I'm sorry but I wanted to chime in on the olive oil discussion. I also suspect Progesterone In Orthomolecular Medicine might have some interesting information on this topic but I haven't the time to re-read it just now.

@mostlylurking @Diogo

Ray Peat talks about half a teaspoon of olive oil in the context of a replacement for coconut oil in the carrot salad or as an addition to mushrooms for the germicidal action. He does state that roughly 70% of olive oil in the USA is cut with seed oils, but he actually recommends it for helping with absorption of certain compounds into the skin when applied topically (although he says to mix it on the skin and not make a mixture first), specifically in the context of Progest-E.

He says in one interview that there is an issue with more than two teaspoons of it a day is that the 10% PUFA may end up accumulating and cause the same issues.

He mentions a few times that it should solidify in the refrigerator. I'm in the UK and I've come across different batches from the same brand which do and do not solidify, and I've taken it to mean that those which do not are not pure/real.

As a caveat to it being the most "faked" food, one specific thing is that to qualify as "extra virgin" it must be protected adequately from light, since it's very photo-sensitive. If you're looking for an EVOO, I'd recommend a glass container, and one that is extremely dark or opaque.

The bioenergetic search gave me clips of all the relevant interviews mentioned above, but my browser was not behaving itself and I couldn't copy the appropriate links for you, I'm sorry.

mostlylurking

I don't want to derail this thread because I'm also curious about this, so I'm sorry but I wanted to chime in on the olive oil discussion. I also suspect Progesterone In Orthomolecular Medicine might have some interesting information on this topic but I haven't the time to re-read it just now.

@mostlylurking @Diogo

Ray Peat talks about half a teaspoon of olive oil in the context of a replacement for coconut oil in the carrot salad or as an addition to mushrooms for the germicidal action. He does state that roughly 70% of olive oil in the USA is cut with seed oils, but he actually recommends it for helping with absorption of certain compounds into the skin when applied topically (although he says to mix it on the skin and not make a mixture first), specifically in the context of Progest-E.

He says in one interview that there is an issue with more than two teaspoons of it a day is that the 10% PUFA may end up accumulating and cause the same issues.

He mentions a few times that it should solidify in the refrigerator. I'm in the UK and I've come across different batches from the same brand which do and do not solidify, and I've taken it to mean that those which do not are not pure/real.

As a caveat to it being the most "faked" food, one specific thing is that to qualify as "extra virgin" it must be protected adequately from light, since it's very photo-sensitive. If you're looking for an EVOO, I'd recommend a glass container, and one that is extremely dark or opaque.

The bioenergetic search gave me clips of all the relevant interviews mentioned above, but my browser was not behaving itself and I couldn't copy the appropriate links for you, I'm sorry.
Thanks for your input.

Diogo

I'm hypothyroid and was diagnosed 46 years ago; I'm almost 74 now. I've been taking prescription desiccated thyroid since around 1999; Synthroid (synthetic T4 before that). In 2014, I developed rheumatoid arthritis; I think the main cause of the attack was that in the spring of that year, according to Ray Peat, Armour changed hands and the new owners changed the formula for their desiccated thyroid which caused it to stop working. I found Ray Peat early 2015, read up, found a new endocrinologist who changed the brand of my medication from Armour to NP Thyroid by Acella, then spent 9 months optimizing my dose. The rheumatoid arthritis went into complete remission 2015 and has not flared again.

I also high dose thiamine hcl. I have heavy metal poisoning; mercury, from amalgam fillings, removed 50 years ago. Mercury uses up thiamine and causes deficiency. High dosing thiamine hcl corrected a lot of my long term health problems.

I had a tubal ligation when I was 28; it caused strong estrogen dominance for many years. I take around 35-40 mgs progesterone daily, half rubbed into the gums and half vaginally.

I also take:
thiamine hcl, 1 gram, 2Xday
niacinamide: 90-100mg, 4Xday
riboflavin: 90-100mg, 4Xday
magnesium glycinate, 3100mg/day = 400mg magnesium (high dose thiamine improves tolerance for magnesium)
pregnenolone, around 75-100mg 1Xday
vitamin D, 10,000iu, 1Xday
vitamin K, 1-3 mg, 1Xday (Thorne, terrible packaging, no way to control dose)
selenium 200mcg (trying increasing to 400mcg now to test)
n-acetylcholine, 50mg, 1Xday (trying to test)
NP Thyroid by Acella, 135mg, 1Xday

I've avoided PUFA for 9 years. My diet is good, Peaty. Although I do drink OJ, I don't consume a lot of sugar; sugar depletes thiamine. I'm focused on optimizing oxidative metabolism via thyroid function and thiamine function.
I always had the idea that the medical market was more regulated in The US.

Being able to simply change a medication that way without any warning to consumers is evil.

Since your main goal is to improve oxidative metabolism, shouldn´t you have aspirin in that stack?

On one of those websites you sent me, which I am not being able to find and cite, Ray mentions using Thyroid with Aspirin for improving glucose oxydation

mostlylurking

I always had the idea that the medical market was more regulated in The US.
It's regulated out the wazoo. But always in favor of the pharmaceutical industry. Anytime the industry can besmirch the reputation of natural desiccated thyroid they'll do it. I don't doubt they would help a desiccated thyroid manufacturer to commit suicide any way they can.
Being able to simply change a medication that way without any warning to consumers is evil.
Yes. Combine that with the fact that the Powers that Be have eradicated all food sources for thyroid formerly available to the public and I think I detect a trend. There are no chicken necks nor fish heads to be found anywhere. I'd like to see a flock of those neckless chickens; I bet they're pretty funny looking.
Since your main goal is to improve oxidative metabolism, shouldn´t you have aspirin in that stack?
I took a lot of aspirin 2015-2020 for my inflammation, usually around a gram or two per day. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2014. Optimizing my thyroid medication with the help of a good endocrinologist resolved the rheumatoid arthritis. I still had some inflammation/pain though. But since I've been taking high dose thiamine hcl, my inflammation (lactic acidosis) has resolved to the point that I don't need the aspirin anymore. I've taken aspirin maybe 3 times in the past year.
On one of those websites you sent me, which I am not being able to find and cite, Ray mentions using Thyroid with Aspirin for improving glucose oxydation
Thyroid helps with glucose oxidation. Aspirin, not so much, at least that was my experience. Aspirin does not resolve the pain/inflammation caused by lactic acidosis; thiamine does. High dose thiamine massively improved my glucose oxidation. Thiamine acts as an enzyme co-factor in several steps of the process.

-paste-
"Thiamine (vitamin B1) is an essential nutrient that serves as a cofactor for a number of enzymes, mostly with mitochondrial localization. Some thiamine-dependent enzymes are involved in energy metabolism and biosynthesis of nucleic acids whereas others are part of the antioxidant machinery. The brain is highly vulnerable to thiamine deficiency due to its heavy reliance on mitochondrial ATP production. This is more evident during rapid growth (i.e., perinatal periods and children) in which thiamine deficiency is commonly associated with either malnutrition or genetic defects. Thiamine deficiency contributes to a number of conditions spanning from mild neurological and psychiatric symptoms (confusion, reduced memory, and sleep disturbances) to severe encephalopathy, ataxia, congestive heart failure, muscle atrophy, and even death. This review discusses the current knowledge on thiamine deficiency and associated morbidity of neurological and psychiatric disorders, with special emphasis on the pediatric population, as well as the putative beneficial effect of thiamine supplementation in autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other neurological conditions."

also this:

"Despite the availability of dietary thiamine in wealthy countries, thiamine deficiency represents an important and usually overlooked issue. In developed countries, the predominant use of industrial food processing often depletes thiamine content along with other vitamins and nutrients. An increased consumption of processed food in the form of simple carbohydrates, not supplemented with adequate levels of thiamine, has been named “high calorie malnutrition” (7, 8). Thus, despite the caloric density, the diet is often of poor nutrition quality and does not meet recommended dietary guidelines for micronutrient intake, making this an at-risk population for micronutrient malnutrition (8). For instance, at least 29% of obese subjects that will undergo bariatric surgery have been reported as thiamine deficient (9). This condition highlights the fine balance between adequate caloric intake and balanced nutritional diet. As thiamine is a key factor in the metabolism of glucose, an increased carbohydrate intake will proportionally increase thiamine’s dietary demand (a minimum of 0.33 mg per 1,000 kcal) (1). Thus, rather than focusing on thiamine’s RDA, it is critical to match its intake with carbohydrate consumption as well as total caloric intake."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals