Can’t Get Rid Of Body Odor

golder

I've found rubbing alcohol to be most effective for BO (specifically from the armpits). I pour some on a paper tower and wipe both armpits. Smell is gone almost all day. I do it again before the gym and its really quite shocking how effective it is.
Gonna try this. Thanks. Just wondering how you go about doing this.. vodka in a small spray bottle?

redsun

Zinc gets rid of body odor for me. Apparently on google it can kill the bacteria responsible for the odor. I never take zinc supplements anymore as the benefits are vastly outweighed by its mental side effects but zinc intake from food does not have that effect. So increasing zinc consumption via food may help odor. So oysters as they have other minerals to somewhat balance their high zinc content would be good for this.

Last edited:

golder

What’s wrong with a small ish dose of zinc a few times a week, say 5mg a time? If we’re taking liver and other high copper foods were going to be depleting zinc, no? Thanks!

Korven

The solution is simple.

1) Shave or buzz your armpit hair.

2) Shower every morning and evening.

3) Smear sodium bicarbonate under your arms after each shower (while they are still wet) before putting your clothes on.

Sodium bicarbonate completely neutralizes body odour. You will never stink again if you do this every morning and every evening. Beware that sodium bicarbonate can bleach coloured shirts lighter over time. Best to wear a white under shirt and then your formal upper body clothing on top of that.

I haven't used toxic and useless conventional deodorants for years. You're welcome.

Thanks I will definitely try this out!

I hate the idea of having to use nasty deodorants filled with aluminum and god knows what else, but I also really don't like smelling bad so often I opt for the lesser evil. This though sounds like a really awesome alternative

Thanks I will definitely try this out!

I hate the idea of having to use nasty deodorants filled with aluminum and god knows what else, but I also really don't like smelling bad so often I opt for the lesser evil. This though sounds like a really awesome alternative

Report back after implementing!

Considering how much red meat I eat, I would be a downright nightmare for my colleagues to work with if it was not for my precious Arm & Hammer powder.

golder

Considering how much red meat I eat, I would be a downright nightmare for my colleagues to work with if it was not for my precious Arm & Hammer powder.
Thanks for this by the way. Do you dissolve the bicarb in water and put it in a spray bottle, then spray under the armpits?

Thanks for this by the way. Do you dissolve the bicarb in water and put it in a spray bottle, then spray under the armpits?

No need to waste time on fancy delivery.

1) Jam 2-3 fingers into the box of powder.
2) Smear powder-laden digits over the surface of your hairless armpit (which is still wet after showering because you've dried every area of your chiseled physique except there).
3) Put on your white under shirt immediately after applying the powder and let your pits dry with the shirt on (otherwise excess powder, once dried, might slide down your side onto your navy or steel grey pantalon, and your colleagues will make cocaine jokes for the rest of the year).

Korven

It worked great. No body odor whatsoever from my armpits on a largely milk and meat based diet.

Lol strangely this is one of the best practical tips I've picked up here - thanks man!

Inaut

Baking soda always irritate my pits... Wish it was that simple for me

Jennifer

Baking soda always irritate my pits... Wish it was that simple for me
Same here. It took months before it started causing irritation but when it did, it was pretty bad. I suspect it was affecting the skin's acid mantle (between a pH of 4.5 and 5.5) and why deodorants and other body care products are usually advertised as being pH balanced.

Inaut

I even had problems with Schmitt's magnesium charcoal deodorant. Since switching to rubbing alcohol pits feel good....

Dino D

i have found out that high salt makes me smell sweet, no odor at all...
yo can notice it in one day...
10+ gram of salt in water or juice and odor gone...
the difference from 1(no odor)-10(odor) was like 6-7 before, after salt its 1... so perfect...
table salt, see salt, pink salt, whatever...
just add 10+gram of salt, spread it trough the day... at once you could flush or bloat...

lampofred

i have found out that high salt makes me smell sweet, no odor at all...
yo can notice it in one day...
10+ gram of salt in water or juice and odor gone...
the difference from 1(no odor)-10(odor) was like 6-7 before, after salt its 1... so perfect...
table salt, see salt, pink salt, whatever...
just add 10+gram of salt, spread it trough the day... at once you could flush or bloat...

Maybe because salt lowers lipid peroxidation and PUFAs peroxidizing is what is responsible for body odor.

Dino D

Maybe because salt lowers lipid peroxidation and PUFAs peroxidizing is what is responsible for body odor.
maybe, i dont know... i took it to get a flush (salt water flus) but i didnt... hehe, gues i was to low on salt, and later that day i noticed a sweat pleasnt smell, and the days before i had a bit more odor then usual... i drank salt water the whole weak and no odor... now I do it from time to time... I notice stronger odors from meat or low carb meals, usually those are meat based...
low blood sugar, adrenaline, meat =odor...
now i also do high fat, and juice with every meal, not so much salt... also less odor then usual, but sometimes i get odor... i will increase salt again, guess i run low salt sometimes

Jennifer

I even had problems with Schmitt's magnesium charcoal deodorant. Since switching to rubbing alcohol pits feel good....
Schmidt's deodorants contain baking soda, right? I remember seeing it listed on their rose and vanilla deodorant a while back when I was looking for something to mask the maple sent from the herbs I was taking. When I still consumed dairy, perfume worked well so I can see the rubbing alcohol working. Witch hazel might work, too.

Inaut

@Jennifer Yup it has baking soda in it. What’s weird is that it only affected my left pit ‍♂️

I tried witch hazel but it didn’t last long sadly. I haven’t used deodorant in a week and a half and things are quite odorless. What’s unfortunate is that my girl like my odourous smell more....

I’m just a man.........!

Jennifer

@Inaut -- lol Go figure! I can understand her, though. I also don't mind my man having a stronger odor. To me it's less odor and more his scent.

Interesting! So your left pit is in touch with its sensitive side? :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals