Carrot salad has hit the mainstream, trending on Tik Tok

Perry Staltic

Why so? In context, I would think he did.

You can go to probably any US cafeteria, stand in line and get a carrot salad from the selection. I used to gag when my dad got one. It's probably been a part of the American diet for as long as potato salad has been.

Last edited:

Momma

You can go to probably any US cafeteria, stand in line and get a carrot salad from the selection. I used to gag when my dad got one. It's probably been a part of the American diet for as long as potato salad has been.
Thank you. I meant in the context of a therapeutic hormonal rx.

Old Irenaeus

Umm…the carrot salads at restaurants or buffets are in a base of mayonnaise (soybean oil) with raisins. Is that the Ray Peat inspired carrot salad, my friend?

Ingredients of a typical, non-Peat carrot salad:

3 to 4 cups freshly grated carrots (from 4 to 6 medium-sized carrots)
1/2 to 1 cup raisins (regular, golden, or a mix)
1 large apple, (peeled or not, your preference) cored and chopped
1/4 to 1/3 cup mayonnaise

David PS

I think of carrot salad as an inexpensive French lunch.
www.davidlebovitz.com

French Grated Carrot Salad

A French classic!
www.davidlebovitz.com
www.davidlebovitz.com

Perry Staltic

Umm…the carrot salads at restaurants or buffets are in a base of mayonnaise (soybean oil) with raisins. Is that the Ray Peat inspired carrot salad, my friend?

Ingredients of a typical, non-Peat carrot salad:

3 to 4 cups freshly grated carrots (from 4 to 6 medium-sized carrots)
1/2 to 1 cup raisins (regular, golden, or a mix)
1 large apple, (peeled or not, your preference) cored and chopped
1/4 to 1/3 cup mayonnaise

The point was carrot salad is nothing new, and I doubt no one ever made a carrot salad using oil and vinegar before Ray. He may have been the first to promote its benefits. dunno

juicy

RP: Yeah. I constantly warn people about that. There are good chemicals in the juice, good nutrition, but unless your thyroid is pretty active, it’s going to accumulate the carotene, because you convert carotene to vitamin A, if you have vitamin B12 in proportion to how active your thyroid hormone is. If for some reason you are getting more carotene than your B12 and thyroid can handle, then it turns off the thyroid function. I experienced that myself 40 years ago, eating so many carrots that I suppressed my thyroid. But, if your thyroid is good, then having a whole carrot every day has some very important anti-stress functions.

Yesterday I heard from a woman who said that she had started a daily carrot salad and had almost immediate relief from all of her premenstrual and digestive problems. We have measured the blood hormones in a few people after they had started a daily whole carrot. It's the stimulating effect on the intestine. The fiber in the carrot isn't digestible, and so the excretion of the bile into the liver carries all kinds of detoxified chemicals and hormones. If you have fiber in your intestine, these toxins, that the liver has got rid of, will be carried out, bound to the carrot fiber. But without enough fiber, they can be absorbed and recycled. So your estrogen tends to go up as the fiber in your diet goes down. And that in turn turns off your thyroid and progesterone, so it can cause all the symptoms of estrogen and cortisol excess. And in just 3 or 4 days we've seen the cortisol and estrogen level in the blood drop as the progesterone comes up, just from eating a daily carrot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals