CERVICAL PAIN while trying to concentrate : IS IT STRESS-RELATED ?

French.cat

Forum Supporter
HI everyone

I am a 31 years old woman and since childhood my neck pain and ADHD keep me away from concentrate. I have let down a LOT of courses and plans because of this horrible pain.
I am trying to educate myself to be a nutritionist... But with this pain, I find it very VERY hard. The more I stay in a course, the more my neck is burning.

Last week I found myself pain-free for a few days and I then realized I was just having fun at this time. Going for walks, laughing, and climbing activities with my brother contributed to this great feeling of freedom. My body did not feel like a prison anymore.

For those who experiment CERVICAL PAIN, you know how that s**t can ruin your life.

Does anyone can help me ?

I'm already taking magnesium and B1.

Thanks 🙏

sunny

I would suggest one thread called " French cat recovery log" similar to this.

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
I would suggest one thread called " French cat recovery log" similar to this.

Yes, that would avoid me to post 23 thread every two days hahaha

Sorry for the HUGE number of posts... I just need support !

HI everyone

I am a 31 years old woman and since childhood my neck pain and ADHD keep me away from concentrate. I have let down a LOT of courses and plans because of this horrible pain.
I am trying to educate myself to be a nutritionist... But with this pain, I find it very VERY hard. The more I stay in a course, the more my neck is burning.

Last week I found myself pain-free for a few days and I then realized I was just having fun at this time. Going for walks, laughing, and climbing activities with my brother contributed to this great feeling of freedom. My body did not feel like a prison anymore.

For those who experiment CERVICAL PAIN, you know how that s**t can ruin your life.

Does anyone can help me ?

I'm already taking magnesium and B1.

Thanks 🙏
I'm not sure what this forums position on chiropractors are but that's what I thought of right away when you described the symptoms. Sometimes when we're under stress and our sympathetic nervous system kicks in we tense up muscles we don't know we have in ways that can cause us pain in weird places. If you have poor posture and possibly prolapsed disks then you are potentially vulnerable to some nerve issues even at the slightest change in muscle tone based on your overall sympathetic state. I know my mum for instance used to get stomach pains because of a pinched nerve in her spine.

Another thing might be that you suffer with TMJ and that you're not aware of how much maybe you are clenching your jaw when you're stressed and this again can impact your whole posture. Also something that may happen in your sleep and you might be irritating your neck nerves to a point where they become hypersensitive to the slightest change again in muscle tone and posture.

Another thought, as I myself have ADHD and don't take any meds, I know when I need to concentrate hard unfortunately my body has learned to do so via stress hormones (I'm on a long journey of trying to reprogram myself) but one thing I know so that when I do things in the way that are conventional, it's stressful. When I do things my way (follow the dopamine, gamification, hit the iron when it's hot) and make use of my hyperfocus then I can fly through tasks no problem (I just have to know when and how to transition out of said hyperfocused or I burn myself out and render myself unable to do anything for the next couple days).

Since you have already identified stress as a trigger, it's worth noting that all the things one can do to mitigate stress such as adequate magnesium (remember magnesium is depleted by stress and affects our muscle function), quality sugar from ripe fruit or honey paired with quality gelatinous animal proteins and organs, frequent balanced meals, breakfast 30 minutes after waking, gentle exercise like walking or swimming, sunlight, reducing blue light from screens, etc etc - those are all ways to make the body more resilient to stressors. But most importantly, recognising when your nervous system is in a sympathetic state and learning how to shift into a parasympathetic state.

That's all I have off the top of my head for now, hope that helps a bit

Can't seem to edit my last reply to you but wanted to add that as you mentioned you already take magnesium, as stress depletes your magnesium stores you may need more.

Apple

I'm sure neck pain it diet related
I was able to get rid of neck and back pain by cycling 1-2 weeks keto diet ( or what ever you call it , no starch , no sugar, no coffee) and just normal (no)diet.
Coffee (cafeine drinks)/milk/sugar/acidic fruits/(possibly eggs) can trigger symptoms.
Some starches can triger symptoms, avoid nightshades especially.
Carnivore (only beef stake) diet is the quickest/cleanest way to make all the symptoms disappear but i am not able to stick to it for more than several days.
Forget about supplemental minerals/vitamins - they are useless

Last edited:

Giraffe

There is a technique called 'progressive muscle relaxation' that teaches you to become aware of your tensions the minute they start. If you then (when you realize that you become tense) concentrate on the body part that is tense, it relaxes. This is my experience. For me this worked like a charm.

I picked the first video on youtube that is in English. There might be other ones with more exercises.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihO02wUzgkc

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals