Need someone to talk to.

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
She’s telling you she has digestive problems and you reccomend plain sugar??? Please do not take this advice.

I have a friend on SSRIs and it completely changed him. Personality different, gained a bunch of weight, no motivation anymore. It’s sad. So first. You need to slowly get off the SSRIs. Your doctor will tell you to stay on them the rest of your life. I can’t tell you what the best way to get off of them is. But common sense would be take a little less and a little less and a little less. But I’m sure you are going to have to figure out supporting supplements while you are getting off of them.

Then diet is hard for everyone because there are so many different views. From my personal experience a diet of meat (beef, chicken, Turkey, lamb) and cooked vegetables is the absolute best diet you can be on. The best part about this diet is there are no sugars, no endotoxins, high in nutrients, lower in phosphorus, and it’s relatively simple. You might need an instant pot. You can add in some other foods too but that’s the basis of the diet. This diet heals you. Because it doesn’t stimulate you, so your body can recover on its own. Plus you are getting tons of nutrients.

I don’t know what supplrments you need to get off SSRIs. But I can almost guarantee you need magnesium and a lot of potassium. You can get the potassium from the diet.

The main thing is eat a balanced diet and slowly get off SSRIs. I wouldn’t try to guess with a bunch of supplements until you have gotten off the drugs.
Hey !
I disagree with the view on SSRI'S.. they totally saved me from suicidal thoughts. I'm not kidding here.
I would love to go off them but I am worried about having really dark wills again. It's too dangerous for me for the moment.
I have a small dosage, by the way. 50 mg a day. The maximum is 200 mg.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, but my personality did not change at all. My brother only told me he found me less "hopeless".
That's true.

WonMore

There is a difference between cooked vegetables and raw vegetables. I am not suggesting raw vegetables. You cook them to break down the fiber. That is where all the nutrients are. Once you cook them they are the easiest food to digest. Most people have horrible digestion. Food just sits in the stomach.
Sugar is dehydrating and stimulating. If you want to heal your body you have to get it into a parasympathetic state.
Once you experience putting your body in this state consistently, your body starts healing. And actually you’ll feel more tired at first. But then all your health issues will start disappearing bc your healing at a deeper level.
Pro metabolic is nonsense bc most people have excess heavy metals and are sick. There adrenals are burned out. They are hypo And they are trying to do more and more stimulating stuff. Most people are numb. You need energy to feel your emotions.
You enter the forum you think that you are going to encounter some cohesive thinking which founds the forum's existence. That is what "Anti-Peat" marker was for - not to disvalue or ignore other points of view, but to avoid making a mess everywhere arguing about basics and have dedicated spaces for that. This is a big problem now.
I don't think what your write is any accurate.
It's a good idea. Actually I feel great with OJ so, instead of plain sugar, that helps a lot with my fatigue.

No, SSRI'S actually helps a lot with my digestive issues, by calming the nervous system I guess. I am under Sertraline since last January so it's really new.
It helps to avoid suicidal thoughts.
If you're good with OJ, then Ray said that OJ and eggs is good elimination diet.
If it helps then maybe it's not the first thing to tinker with. Still, I think long-term you should be looking for changing to tricyclic antidepressants, like amitriptyline, tianeptine or mirtazapine, which are much safer.

Vinny

Mademoiselle @French.cat ,

Went through your main post only and didn`t notice you mention what`s your physical activity, so I`ll dare to guess it`s close to non.
If I were you, I`d pay attention to that.
As a beginning, start to walk only, as much and as long as possible, trying gradually to increase distance and speed. Walking has proven benefits for variety of conditions, including mental. Even it wouldn`t help (which I seriously doubt) it won`t hurt for sure. It`s completely harmless and everyone who is able to stand on his feet for five minutes can (and should) do it.
I won`t dive now why physical activity is so important for almost everything - a lot of people are aware about it and probably you, as an intelligent girl, too. I used to underestimate it and paid dear price. Walking will cost you nothing, especially good in your current financial situation, but it can, theoretically, get you out of the mental misery....
These are my two rubles.
Your English is good.
Good luck.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Lithium supplementation may help.

Other thoughts: walking barefoot for grounding. Sleeping using a grounding bed sheet (or better a grounding half sheet at the foot of the bed). Taking the sun. Watching funny movies, uplifting music.

mattmm24

Obviously I do.
You are very mistaken, further down your post, ascribing endotoxins to sugars and simultaneously excluding it from vegetables. Sucrase, enzyme that breaks down white sugar, is readily secreted by intestine and usually 100% of it is absorbed. And all vegetables have fiber, which, by definition, is undigestible and at least some of it is gonna be degraded by bacteria, thus producing endotoxins.

Edit: I see now that you rather enlisted sugar and endotoxins with comma, not necessarily as cause and effect, but "no sugar" as general advantage. Well, considering we are on Ray Peat forum I leave this with no

You enter the forum you think that you are going to encounter some cohesive thinking which founds the forum's existence. That is what "Anti-Peat" marker was for - not to disvalue or ignore other points of view, but to avoid making a mess everywhere arguing about basics and have dedicated spaces for that. This is a big problem now.
I don't think what your write is any accurate.

If you're good with OJ, then Ray said that OJ and eggs is good elimination diet.
If it helps then maybe it's not the first thing to tinker with. Still, I think long-term you should be looking for changing to tricyclic antidepressants, like amitriptyline, tianeptine or mirtazapine, which are much safer.
Do you really think sugar is going to heal someone who is sick? It's like a drug. It's not helping your body heal or have energy. In the long run it will just break down the body more. Read about the parasympathetic nervous system. I am not anti-peat. I disagree with some of his stuff and agree with others.

Soren

Forum Supporter
It looks like a lot of people have already offered a lot of good advice in terms of health my only advice would be with regards to supplements to always exercise caution and start slowly.

Apart from that I do not know if you're a religious person but even if you're not and simply believe in a higher power I would recommend praying the rosary. You do not have to be Catholic and I have found it to be a great source of peace during difficult times for myself and for many others.

Here is a link to pray it in French and some instructions on how to pray it hope you feel better and God bless.

Ignoramus

I have similar issues. Recently I have been using a nasal antihistamine (Azelastine) which makes me sleep for 10+ hours and dexamphetamine (prescribed) for motivation and willpower during the day. Maybe they are just band-aid solutions, but they are working for me.

Good luck.

WonMore

Do you really think sugar is going to heal someone who is sick? It's like a drug. It's not helping your body heal or have energy. In the long run it will just break down the body more. Read about the parasympathetic nervous system. I am not anti-peat. I disagree with some of his stuff and agree with others.
Impossible to say a priori, whether it's going to heal. I mentioned it as a safe source of calories. What common does it have with drugs? It is very far-fetched to say that glucose won't give your body the energy, considering that organism creates it when lacking in diet, regardless of availability of other sources of energy. I've been eating sometimes up to 1kg of plain sugar daily, besides cola, sugar in milk etc., and I'm not breaking down. Believe or not.

Ray has written about how overactivity of parasympathetic system is involved in shock reaction, and that the dichotomy between these two nervous systems is not telling the whole story. The negative effects of increasing acetylcholine are well described in literature. There's even something called "cholinergic crisis", kind of equivalent of serotonin syndrome. I interpret this whole "parasympathetic system rules them all, increase it by any means" as another chapter of New World Order agenda, to give people something unachievable to pursue, so they can beat themselves up over it, thinking they firstly must suffer in order to finally relax lol.

Last edited:

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@French.cat

You're welcome. He's a licensed physician and naturopathic doctor. I recommend working with him or his physician assistant.

mattmm24

Oh my god ! Your two last sentences hit hard : "Most people are numb. You need energy to feel your emotions."
That"s exactly how I feel most of the time, NUMB. Sometimes when people are nice to me I force myself to smile because I am so dead inside that nothing pleases me much. And when I went into ketosis, the situation completely changes, I was happy for no reasons !!
I think my brain metabolism is just dysfunctional.
Yea I think that is how most people are to be honest. It takes a lot of effort to be healthy now a days.
Impossible to say a priori, whether it's going to heal. I mentioned it as a safe source of calories. What common does it have with drugs? It is very far-fetched to say that glucose won't give your body the energy, considering that organism creates it when lacking in diet, regardless of availability of other sources of energy. I've been eating sometimes up to 1kg of plain sugar daily, besides cola, sugar in milk etc., and I'm not breaking down. Believe or not.

Ray has written about how overactivity of parasympathetic system is involved in shock reaction, and that the dichotomy between these two nervous systems is not telling the whole story. The negative effects of increasing acetylcholine are well described in literature. There's even something called "cholinergic crisis", kind of equivalent of serotonin syndrome. I interpret this whole "parasympathetic system rules them all, increase it by any means" as another chapter of New World Order agenda, to give people something unachievable to pursue, so they can beat themselves up over it, thinking they firstly must suffer in order to finally relax lol.
Lol WHAT??? The parasympathetic system is how your body heals. It does not heal in fight or flight aka sympathetic. When you sleep you are in parasympathetic (well you are supposed to be). Parasympathetic is literally your NATURAL state. When you are feeling love you are in a parasympathetic state. When you are full of hate, anxiety, fear, etc. You are in a sympathetic state. A lot of people that are sick are in sympathetic dominance and they have major sleeping issues. Because there body can’t switch over to Para enough to relax to get good sleep. Especially in 2024 it’s hard to be in that state. We now have more EMFs than ever, constant poisons from the sky and food, constant fear pushed on us, etc.

WonMore

Lol WHAT??? The parasympathetic system is how your body heals. It does not heal in fight or flight aka sympathetic. When you sleep you are in parasympathetic (well you are supposed to be). Parasympathetic is literally your NATURAL state. When you are feeling love you are in a parasympathetic state. When you are full of hate, anxiety, fear, etc. You are in a sympathetic state. A lot of people that are sick are in sympathetic dominance and they have major sleeping issues. Because there body can’t switch over to Para enough to relax to get good sleep. Especially in 2024 it’s hard to be in that state. We now have more EMFs than ever, constant poisons from the sky and food, constant fear pushed on us, etc.
Mate, you haven't really addressed anything I wrote, these are just bunch of clichés from WebMD website or Andrew Huberman's podcast, there's no point in discussion.

Last edited:

L_C

(REPOST FROM LATE AUGUST)

HI everybody.

I'm a French girl (31 Y.O) so pardon my english. To begin with, I would say that I felt desperate, severely depressed, anxious and hopeless for the most part of my life.
I wasn't able to function well as a kid because I didn't focus at all on my lessons. I lived with a hateful mother and an absent father, which are a logical explanation to my detrimental mental health. I had anorexia at 13 for two years, and bulimia nervosa from age 20 to 28. Later on, in 2015, I've been diagnosed with ADHD and Anxiety. Most of the time, I don't sleep more than 3/4 Hours, and sometimes not at all (except when I eat a lot of carbohydrates, what I've learn thanks to my research on metabolism... I found Ray Peat interview on YouTube and started being passionate with his work). I've severe insomnia since childhood.

Guys, I'm crying in my computer cause... I just want to have a LIFE.

To smile, to digest well, to sleep, to be willing to do something with me instead of suicidal thoughts... and crying all day.
I don't remember anything, I can't focus even while in the cinema, or reading a book. It's like brain fog all the time and anxiety for anything. I also have severe cervical pains due to (my guess) anxiety and lake of physical activity. I tried to work on it though. For the past month, and after having read HEAL YOUR METABOLISM from Kate Deering, I have tried "Ray Peat diet" that Is to say, for me, starch, fruits, meat and liver, orange juice and milk, with some grains on it (from the best source, even if it's not "great" because to all the antinutrients, I know). Honestly, my mood felt really much better. I had less anxiety and neck pain, and felt asleep one hour after my large dinner. The thing is.... I think I have food intolerances, because I had massive crying crisis later on. Or maybe that's just too much carbs for me, and I can't manage to balance my blood sugar properly. I may have pre-diabetes, at least I have all the symptoms. After eating a meal, I generally have blurred vision and fatigue, lake of focus (more than when fasting) and my neck pain worsen. Gluten, dairy or starch intolerances are some ideas....

But I don't know. I'm lost with food.

Also, something that stroke me while adding more carb to my diet, is that I was waking up EXHAUSTED at the morning, with even more neck pain. But that tend to go away when I eat fruits and have milk with it. Well, stress and anxiety are massive reasons for me, and I think bananas and milk calm down my mental breakdown thanks to tryptophan, among other reasons.

⚠️ KETO was the only thing that ever cured my depression for a month, but as soon as I got fat-adapted I become obsessed with not getting out of ketosis and finally been kicked out of ketosis. I had a serving of potatoes in a restaurant and totally forgot there were actually carbs 🙄 now I can't get back on track. I tried 5 times in 5 years and I'm exhausted...

Today is my second day of rest cause my 6 month contract is over. I plan to start my own entreprise (I've build up a programme to get rid of bulimia), but, honestly, mu curent "state" of lethargy and weeps makes my freaking out.

Guys, ANY dietary advice or loving support would be so nice 🙏

If someone cured his/her depression, just PLEASE, tell me where to start. I'm 31 years and I want to live, it's time to live !!!

Thanks ❤️

UPDATE

Well, I'm still in depression, currently taking SSRI's (50 mg of Sertraline) and I don't know what to do to heal my gut. Force Feeding was good at first (eating more "peaty") but I don't have enough money to eat a proper diet now. So I dive into pasta, rice, greek yoghourt and apple because they are cheap.

What are your thoughts about my situation ? @Jennifer I'm back on the forum because I'm desperate to find peace and happiness someday.

I am starting therapy again despite my horrible financial situation because... I just need it.

I think I've had dissociation for the most part of my life, that may be the reason of my poor memory. I am kinda always disconnected.

Only vomiting and sleepless night make me feel alive. What is the link between them ? Cortisol ?

I really need support.
There is a saying 'tough things happen to tough people'. So, embrace the challenges that life put out there for you. I know how it all feels because we all have been through some sort of suffering.

There is one book I recommend reading that's better than the therapist. It's called Completion process by Teal Swan. It's a very practical book that will help you resolve childhood traumas and tap into your memories.

You need to start facing your traumas and not running away from them by taking ssri. It's a painful process but needs to be done. Also, it's not an overnight process. It will take months to heal.

Also, Vinny brought up physicall activity. I agree to that. When money allows, join the climbing gym. You will forget all your troubles the second you touch the climbing wall.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals