Charcoal And Cold/flu

scarlettsmum

So husband and now myself were starting to come down with cold/flu like symptoms. It's all around us and so half expected it. Then I remembered that Danny Roddy mentioned that RP belief is that cold is caused by endotoxin. This is from an email exchange with Danny. Anyhow we have our daily carrot but it doesn't seem to make much difference, however I always feel better and feel immediate results with charcoal. So anyhow gave some to my husband 10 x 320 mg pills before bed. In the morning he woke up, sinuses clear, head clear, achy muscles gone. Then towards the evening he felt like it may be coming back, so he had a epsom salt bath followed by same amount of charcoal and again, great relief, clear headed, soreness gone. He was amazed. :) This was about 4 days ago and cold hasn't returned. However I woke up with the same symptoms today, took charcoal and within 30 mins felt so much better and bit by bit my wellbeing increased throughout the day and still now. Am planning on doing epsom salt bath tonight as well and am ready to take more charcoal tomorrow if I feel like I need it. Anyhow I thought I would share this anecdotal evidence in case anyone else wants to give it a try.

thanks, I've found charcoal and methylene blue very useful for colds/flu. But must take cascara and/or magnesium or I get stopped up from it.

aquaman

Yes, a tablespoon of charcoal/water, with a gram of Cascara (eg 2 capsules) will blast anything out of your intestine - high dose Vit K I also found acts like an antibiotic. Take it with penicillin or a tetracycline a good few hours after the cascara for extra bonus points

TubZy

Charcoal is the ***t. If I ever have any gut discomfort from food or sickness one tablespoon usually knocks it out within 15 min.

It helps clear the die off from high dose niacinamide too.

Carrot salad works okay for me but not the best, maybe it's gentler.

Last edited:

Queequeg

I would just caution to use granular charcoal and not the powdery stuff which is probably in the pills. RP talks about the risk of persorption and how fine powders can end up in your capillaries. @Dan Wich talks about this on his site toxinless.

TubZy

I would just caution to use granular charcoal and not the powdery stuff which is probably in the pills. RP talks about the risk of persorption and how fine powders can end up in your capillaries. @Dan Wich talks about this on his site toxinless.

How do we know if it's granular? Will it say it?

I have this one, I doubt it's granulated though Activated Charcoal Powder

Last edited by a moderator:

Queequeg

TubZy

Queequeg

Do you notice any difference between the granular and powder? I don't think the powder version would be that big of an issue if you are using once or twice a week or less..but that is just speculation.
Its really tough to tell if there was a difference. I would say that the powder is probably more effective since it has greater surface area, but to me RP's description of the persorption problem was enough to scare me, even at twice a week. I am still using my powder for brushing my teeth every once in a while as its a good teeth whitener.

Atalanta

Yes, a tablespoon of charcoal/water, with a gram of Cascara (eg 2 capsules) will blast anything out of your intestine - high dose Vit K I also found acts like an antibiotic. Take it with penicillin or a tetracycline a good few hours after the cascara for extra bonus points

Do you take the charcoal solution with the cascara or do you take the cascara after the charcoal drink?

Are you referring to Vitamin K1 here, and if so, what is a high dose?

aquaman

No that was I, not 1. Vit k2 mk4 :)

If you wait an hour after the charcoal it's best for the cascara

Your poop will be black for a day ;

OP
scarlettsmum

scarlettsmum

thanks for letting me know. I will look into granulated charcoal.

Xisca

I have not noticed any blackening effect!
Maybe because I take an occasional capsule beore bed when I think I need...
I rely more on diatomeous earth.

Last edited:

Soren

Forum Supporter
So is the issue with fine charcoal powder the risk that it has toxins in it? If it were free of toxins would it be ok?

Last edited:
soon on the woo blog: "charcoal is immunosuppressive!"

Waynish

Can you link to some solid evidence that powdered charcoal can be dangerous? I've been using a lot to great avail, but will switch to granulated if that's safer...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals