Cyclodextrin Research - ie Cavadex

Wayne J

Brand name CAVADEX it is a cyclodextrin that is administered annally and contains 8mg of the product with 2mg needing to be absorbed.
Allegedly proven to reduce plaque. The doctor in AUS discovering it's use had severe artery plaque and developed an IV version then progressed to a liquid that is in a tube and inserted anally and the product squeezed out. Must be help in a min of an hour - longer better. Initial use 2x day for 30 days once a day for several weeks, then a coule times weekely. If severe, then say use 2x day for couple of month. (I have nothing to do financially with this company.)

Am 75, T2D, on 50 mg Losaratn, 175mcg T4, survived HPV-16 tongue cancer. Taking Coq10, Resveratrol, PineTreebark, Nattokinase, Serrapatase, Digest Gold, del-Imune V Defense, liquid Zinc, Magnesium, Ahswaganda, B12, Lemon Balm, Vit D3 with K2, plus extra K2. Am overweight - 215 and 5'8". Walk 2+ miles almost every day and do not experience heart burps or angina while exercising. BP varies 115/71 to 125/85 during day.
In follow up chest CT scans for my cancer treatment, , the Mayo Clinic PA passed along that the radiologist found
'In reviewing his CTs, he has very severe coronary calcification in the left system as well as in the right coronary artery distribution."
Previous Mayo carotid artery scans shows minimal plaque

My BP is normal at this time and not experiencing angina or other effects. Mayo PA offered to set me up with a cardiologist there, but know they will want to go the statin route as a minimum and want to bring my cholesterol to the basement ( it was 209 at last check, and probably lower now. Triglycredies in acceptable range, HDL 47.

Any input on the Cavadex - also input on helping with the atherosclerosis appreciated.

David PS

OP
W

Wayne J

Dr. Peat wrote about cyclodextrin in a 2018 newsletter (beginning at page 4, col. 2, 3rd full para.)

Thanks for the reply! I think this version and use just came out within the last few months.
Will read the article - notice he hits the nail on the head with the statins.
And from the article "
Cholesterol is involved in the maintenance of
stem cells and the control of their maturation into
functioning cells. A “cholesterol chelator,” cyclo-
dextrin, which interferes with cellular cholesterol,
causes cardiac stem cells to mature into function-
ing heart muscle cells: “β-CD performed its
function by increasing the free intracellular
cholesterol (Shi, et al., 2017)."

So is the cyclodextrin inhibiting the cholesterol worse than what statins do?

Last edited:

David PS

Thanks for the reply! I think this version and use just came out within the last few months.
Will read the article - notice he hits the nail on the head with the statins.
And from the article "
Cholesterol is involved in the maintenance of
stem cells and the control of their maturation into
functioning cells. A “cholesterol chelator,” cyclo-
dextrin, which interferes with cellular cholesterol,
causes cardiac stem cells to mature into function-
ing heart muscle cells: “β-CD performed its
function by increasing the free intracellular
cholesterol (Shi, et al., 2017)."

So is the cyclodextrin inhibiting the cholesterol worse than what statins do?
It was an easy for me to find. I do not know the answer to your question. As I recall, there was chatter on the forum about using either cyclodextrin or systemic enzymes. I can not decide if the cyclodextrin that you posted is new and improved version or merely marketing hype.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wayne J

It was an easy for me to find. I do not know the answer to your question. As I recall, there was chatter on the forum about using either cyclodextrin or systemic enzymes. I can not decide if the cyclodextrin that you posted is new and improved version or merely marketing hype.
I think it's new as its marketed under cholrem or cavadex - link to one site in the email

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals