Epistrophy

Thanks for the report. I also noticed that if I take 2 doses, I can skip a meal without getting a stress reaction.
You're welcome. It was a crazy feeling that day I noticed it, realizing by 4pm I had only one meal that day, but no usual stress reaction. By the way, could you make a formula with olive oil?

Smelly5

What would be the potential mechanisms allowing someone to go so long without food and no stress?

Where is the energy coming from in this person who isnt eating?
Is it perhaps allowing them to better use their stored glycogen?

Epistrophy

What would be the potential mechanisms allowing someone to go so long without food and no stress?

Where is the energy coming from in this person who isnt eating?
Is it perhaps allowing them to better use their stored glycogen?
One mechanism could be the fact that one of the molecules turns into succinate and will power the Krebs cycle more efficiently. So it could be that ATP is being produced with less glucose molecules needed when using these compounds. This would decrease hypoglycemic reactions to the cells.

Regarding glycogen, since mitochondrial respiration may be uncoupled with these compounds, glycogen will be stored more efficiently. When our cells start using glycogen that is a defense against hypoglycemia.

Smelly5

Would it be advantageous to avoid FAO blocking substances while taking this? Niacinamide, aspirin. @haidut

Mossy

My sleep is unchanged. I wear an Oura ring so it tracks several markers for me. Subjectively I don’t notice a sleeping difference either.

I see my cardiologist about every 4 months and get a blood panel. My panel is different every time so it won’t shed much light here either.

I did buy more Mitolipin but it’s sitting in my drawer. I purposefully left it out of my protocol to avoid it as a confounder.
Thank you for the detail. That helpful.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
If I am looking mostly to improve my liver's ability to store glycogen (so I don't wake up so much at night), and for my cells in general to handle glucose more efficiently, would this be helpful?
I am 60, with sleep issues.

Ben.

any1 still exploring/trying C15?

i do not quite understand why we cant just eat lets say 25-100g butter a day. That would be 200-800mg C15 or am i wrong?

i find the supplements realy expensive ...

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
If you look at the list of benefits, this product is really amazing.
But it is expensive.

So, I looked into sigma.
For c15, it is 100 g for $300.

If you do the math on lipodd, it is 90 g (c15 and c17) for $900.

In this amazing article, it says that the body can make C17 from C15.

Has anyone bought this directly from sigma?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
any1 still exploring/trying C15?

i do not quite understand why we cant just eat lets say 25-100g butter a day. That would be 200-800mg C15 or am i wrong?

i find the supplements realy expensive ...
Ben,
Yes, my math says 100 mg c15 in 10 g butter = .35 oz butter.
About the same as your math.

What's interesting is that if you email the fatty15 folks, they will say:
"Butter also contains much higher levels of pro-inflammatory even-chain saturated fatty acids, especially C16:0, which have been repeatedly associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease. In fact dairy fat is about 1% C15:0 and about 40% pro-inflammatory C16:0 and C18:0."

But, if you look at C16 and C18 on this site, there are several studies showing that they are beneficial.
And haidut even comments on the demonization of these two fats.

So...you might be right about getting enough C15 from butter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals