Mossy

I am interested in it for 3 reasons.

1. CVD
I survived a heart attack about 18 months ago. Anything that provides an edge in this area is welcome. The OP shows multiple studies where milk fat consumption is inversely correlated with CVD risk even after the first myocardial infarction.

2. Asprin + C15/C17 synergies
The OP also shows that those who take high-dose aspirin are at risk of anemia but consumption of C15 ameliorates that issue. As noted above, I had a heart attack so my doctor has me on 81mg of aspirin. I also take another 700mg 3x per week. I assume it is reducing my iron load (higher iron is positively correlated with CVD risk) so if C15 can avoid problems with low iron then I am happy to oblige.

3. Mitochondrial dysfunction
Many of the studies show it improves mitochondrial function. I have central obesity (as of last few years) which I am working on eliminating via diet (HCLF). As we all believe here at the RP forums, metabolism is key. If C15 and C17 can improve metabolism, I'm 100% in favor of it. One of the first paragraphs of OP describes how even-chain SFA can reduce glucose metabolism, but C15/C17 produce succinyl-CoA which does not have the same reduction impact.

How will I measure these improvements as I add LipOdd to my rat's stack? No idea.
Good information. Thank you.

It would be interesting to know how this works for you, using it along with your HCLF diet, to address central obesity. And best of luck to you with your heart health.

Mossy

This was the primary purpose, though it may have other peripheral benefits you mentioned such as hair growth, as well as potentially skin health, liver health, etc.
Thank you Haidut. Really appreciate your contribution to RPF and bringing Ray's perspectives to life.

David PS

Thanks Haidut!

And
@David PS
@Mauritio

The other thread is?

I’m on the second day. Nothing to report. The fat tastes neutral and I keep it in my mouth for systemic as well as GI absorption.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I’m on the second day. Nothing to report. The fat tastes neutral and I keep it in my mouth for systemic as well as GI absorption.

Thanks for the update. How much are you taking? Have you tried topically too?

A.R

Where do they speak negatively about the even-chained ones? Btw, the ones in DeFibron are not even-chained but odd-chained due to mtehyl group in them, which adds another carbon. So, the methyl-myristate is actually a C15:0 fat, the methyl-palmitate is a C17:0 fat and methyl-stearate is a C19:0 fat. They are branched-chain fats, but still, odd-chain.
Did you by any chance decide to experiment both LipOdd and Defibron together? It seems both will compliment each other quite effectively.

Sumbody

How did you receive this product so quickly? From your first post, it sounds like you had this product in hand a mere 3 hours and 35 minutes after it's announcement.

I'm in the USA and these products take, at minimum, 5-7 days to receive once my order is placed.

Risingfire

How did you receive this product so quickly? From your first post, it sounds like you had this product in hand a mere 3 hours and 35 minutes after it's announcement.

I'm in the USA and these products take, at minimum, 5-7 days to receive once my order is placed.
5-7 days? Do you live on the west coast?

cremes

@haidut do you think if we rubbed this on our belly we could get localized fat loss benefits?
If you read the whole defibron thread you will find a few posts on this topic. IIRC, the consensus was it “should work” but I don’t recall any confirmation that it did work. Theory vs practice.

Same discussion occurred for mitolipin.

Maybe this time is different.

Sumbody

That's why. Closer you are to DC the sooner you get it. Like me today
Sure, and I'm not complaining about shipping times.

My question was avoided as was @cremes. Nobody here is receiving their orders within a matter of hours, so what are the circumstances that allowed such to occur?

sunny

I believe Haidut has a core group of product testers for new products. Anyone who had the product is probably a part of the test group, imo.

Sumbody

I believe Haidut has a core group of product testers for new products. Anyone who had the product is probably a part of the test group, imo.
Agreed, as was my conjecture.

Just strange for one to not come out and say that after more than one individual raises those questions.

Especially in relation to products that will be bought and sold, in this case, based on feedback provided here in this thread.

milk_lover

Can I eat salmon to get the same amount as one dose? The problem is that it kinda ruins my whole day. I become too sleepy. Ordered one and I will try.

Risingfire

Just strange for one to not come out and say that after more than one individual raises those questions.

Especially in relation to products that will be bought and sold, in this case, based on feedback provided here in this thread.
I'm assuming too many people would ask to be in the testing group. I asked Georgi to be in the test group for 2 oxo tren and I got no response.

Risingfire

If you read the whole defibron thread you will find a few posts on this topic. IIRC, the consensus was it “should work” but I don’t recall any confirmation that it did work. Theory vs practice.

Same discussion occurred for mitolipin.

Maybe this time is different.
Thanks @cremes I'm going to rub it on my belly and my head to see if I get any results

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

I don't really have a group of testers outside of myself and maybe 2-3 people not in the US. It's just that the hamster and I are somewhat of neighbors here in the DC area and meet every once in a while ala the Peat meetups somebody made a thread on long time ago. So, he knew the product was about to be released and I offered to send him a bottle to try and mailed his a few days before we made the blog/forum post, as the batch was already bottled. So, by the time official ordering started, he got his bottle and was able to use a few servings.
@sunny

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals