Darkness & Light & Madness

koky

"Scientists are incapable even of knowing that they are in no position to understand the soul of a flower in the meadow
in the belief they are exploring the root of life, geneticists extract and synthesize the genes present in the cells of living things.
but nature's soul does not lie hidden in DNA"

Masanobu Fukoaka.
The Road Back To Nature

OP
Rinse & rePeat
"Scientists are incapable even of knowing that they are in no position to understand the soul of a flower in the meadow
in the belief they are exploring the root of life, geneticists extract and synthesize the genes present in the cells of living things.
but nature's soul does not lie hidden in DNA"

Masanobu Fukoaka.
The Road Back To Nature
This quote of yours explains the difference between black & white and unexplainable colors, like trying to explain to a blind man the color of blue.

SonOfEurope

I was feeling a bit of that too Europe, but I turned on the incandescent lights in the room I was in and opened the door and let the clean air and good energy in yesterday while I was reading. The day before that I just put a beanie on, grabbed my umbrella and went out in in the pouring rain, spontaneously, to meet a friend for coffee and visit an an elderly lady after that. It felt like a healthier day than staying in.

That's nice,

Here in Ontario it's minus 10°c (around 15 F)

The days have been getting longer since the solstice but by seasonal delay the worst cold comes around these days, I try to stand under the sun as long as posible.

To think in Europe at this same latitude it's 40F and sunny.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
That's nice,

Here in Ontario it's minus 10°c (around 15 F)

The days have been getting longer since the solstice but by seasonal delay the worst cold comes around these days, I try to stand under the sun as long as posible.

To think in Europe at this same latitude it's 40F and sunny.

I feel for you in that cold weather Europe.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
‘"...A new study hints that treating low vitamin D levels with supplements might have a critical benefit for certain people: a decreased risk of attempting suicide. In a study of more than 1 million U.S. veterans, researchers found that those prescribed vitamin D were nearly 50% less likely to attempt suicide over eight years, versus those who were not prescribed the supplements....When the researchers weighed other factors, like physical and mental health conditions, vitamin D supplementation was still linked to a 45% to 48% lower risk of attempting suicide. And it turned out that the association was strongest among veterans who had low vitamin D to start (blood levels lower than 20 ng/mL), and among Black veterans. The body naturally synthesizes vitamin D when the skin is exposed to sunlight. But darker skin, with more melanin, results in less vitamin D production."‘

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Finally, long hours of daylight are known to increase progesterone production, and long hours of darkness are stressful. Annually, our total hours of day and night are the same regardless of latitude, but different ways of living, levels of artificial illumination, etc., have a strong influence on our hormones. In some animal experiments, prolonged exposure to light has delayed some aspects of aging.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Proper nutrition, exercise and relaxation are recognized as vital ingredients for a long and healthy life. But a fourth ingredient, LOVE, can add as much to one’s energy and longevity as all other factors combined, and yet this important factor is all but omitted from current health protocols -- and even from scientific study.

While love’s great power might be overlooked in modern science, it is not lost in scripture. For example, in Song of Solomon 8: 6-7: “Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away….”

Love’s powerful effects are noticed but not deciphered. Take for example a man who eats nothing but junk food, smokes, doesn’t exercise, drinks beer, sports a potbelly and leads a stressful life. If he falls in love, suddenly he has more energy than a person who lives on health food and exercises daily. What is the source and mechanism for this enormous flow of energy? How can we harness it and use it at will? These questions are especially important in the health fields, because this energy is also the healing energy, or the life force itself.

A new definition helps make sense of this powerful but elusive and subtle energy: Love is an attention or energy directed outward, the byproduct of which is happiness. The opposite is need or desire, which is the same attention or energy directed back to the self, and the byproduct of which is unhappiness. Reverse the direction of flow of attention or energy and you have the opposite feeling. Fall in love and you are in a state of bliss – but as soon as you want the other person to love you, you are miserable.

Fall in love and you have so much energy you can work day and night, but as soon as you reverse the direction of flow back to the self: “Oh woe is me, aches and pains,” you have so little energy you can hardly move.

Subliminally we see this love energy. When a person falls in love, we say: “He’s beaming, glowing, radiant, vibrant, turned on.” Thus we see, at some level, an aura – which brightens in proportion to the increase in love. Holy people, or saintly individuals, are those who approach total love, and they are depicted with bright auras or halos, or surrounded by light. They also are known for their great joy, peace, and bliss.

Biblical accounts describe scores of such holy people who lived hundreds of years. This supports the concept that love energy is the life force itself, or the healing energy. Need or desire, which is the exact opposite, roughly can be equated with what is called “sin,” and we have read: “the wages of sin are death.” Or, “Touch the forbidden fruit and you shall surely die.” This is energy flowing in a direction opposite to the direction of flow of the life force, and opposite to the direction of the flow of love energy. It is multidimensional and represents both physical and spiritual death. Anger is the most common emotion associated with heart attacks. Depression, which relates to need, not love, correlates with cancer. Stress – which is associated with worry – correlates with hypertension, diabetes, and ulcers. This list could go on and on.

Note: We do not find a similar list of medical ailments that correlate with feelings of love.

Profound truth often is profoundly simple once revealed. Perhaps this is so with our new definition of love. While this law that applies to the flow of love energy appears obvious, usually it remains a mystery throughout life. We start as little children thinking that when we get what we want, then we will be happy. Wanting produces tension and a state of discomfort. When we get what we think we want, there is momentary relief of that tension and discomfort. This causes us to believe that satisfying our desire is the route to happiness. But soon we begin to want more, which propels us back into the state of discomfort and dissatisfaction. This wrong-concept follows us throughout life. In Eastern disciplines it is known as the Maya trap, and indeed it is a trap because it snares many of us from birth to death:

Sadly, many never learn that you cannot get happiness; it is the byproduct of giving. Thus, “It is better to give than to receive.”

Some have everything but happiness, while others have nothing but happiness. Who has more? Our formula might dictate that the easiest way to become a saint, and enjoy greater peace and happiness, is to care and do for those who have nothing to give in return. By eliminating the possibility of worldly reward we eliminate the thought and therefore the desire to receive anything in return.“
-Clancy D. McKenzie, M.D. – USA

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A strong life force can be seen in physical vitality, courage, competent judgment, self-mastery, sexual vigor, and the realization of each person’s unique talents and purpose in life. To maintain a powerful life force, forget yourself, forget about living and dying, and bring your full attention into this moment.”
-H.E. Davey

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“As a woman, dating a man who is in competition with you is one of the worst mistakes that you can make. Your life force will be depleted and this will show in all areas of your life. Be careful.”
-Robin S. Baker

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“My core belief is that life is always happening for us, not to us, but it’s our job to find the benefit in the challenge.” -Tony Robbins

J.R.K

“Proper nutrition, exercise and relaxation are recognized as vital ingredients for a long and healthy life. But a fourth ingredient, LOVE, can add as much to one’s energy and longevity as all other factors combined, and yet this important factor is all but omitted from current health protocols -- and even from scientific study.

While love’s great power might be overlooked in modern science, it is not lost in scripture. For example, in Song of Solomon 8: 6-7: “Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away….”

Love’s powerful effects are noticed but not deciphered. Take for example a man who eats nothing but junk food, smokes, doesn’t exercise, drinks beer, sports a potbelly and leads a stressful life. If he falls in love, suddenly he has more energy than a person who lives on health food and exercises daily. What is the source and mechanism for this enormous flow of energy? How can we harness it and use it at will? These questions are especially important in the health fields, because this energy is also the healing energy, or the life force itself.

A new definition helps make sense of this powerful but elusive and subtle energy: Love is an attention or energy directed outward, the byproduct of which is happiness. The opposite is need or desire, which is the same attention or energy directed back to the self, and the byproduct of which is unhappiness. Reverse the direction of flow of attention or energy and you have the opposite feeling. Fall in love and you are in a state of bliss – but as soon as you want the other person to love you, you are miserable.

Fall in love and you have so much energy you can work day and night, but as soon as you reverse the direction of flow back to the self: “Oh woe is me, aches and pains,” you have so little energy you can hardly move.

Subliminally we see this love energy. When a person falls in love, we say: “He’s beaming, glowing, radiant, vibrant, turned on.” Thus we see, at some level, an aura – which brightens in proportion to the increase in love. Holy people, or saintly individuals, are those who approach total love, and they are depicted with bright auras or halos, or surrounded by light. They also are known for their great joy, peace, and bliss.

Biblical accounts describe scores of such holy people who lived hundreds of years. This supports the concept that love energy is the life force itself, or the healing energy. Need or desire, which is the exact opposite, roughly can be equated with what is called “sin,” and we have read: “the wages of sin are death.” Or, “Touch the forbidden fruit and you shall surely die.” This is energy flowing in a direction opposite to the direction of flow of the life force, and opposite to the direction of the flow of love energy. It is multidimensional and represents both physical and spiritual death. Anger is the most common emotion associated with heart attacks. Depression, which relates to need, not love, correlates with cancer. Stress – which is associated with worry – correlates with hypertension, diabetes, and ulcers. This list could go on and on.

Note: We do not find a similar list of medical ailments that correlate with feelings of love.

Profound truth often is profoundly simple once revealed. Perhaps this is so with our new definition of love. While this law that applies to the flow of love energy appears obvious, usually it remains a mystery throughout life. We start as little children thinking that when we get what we want, then we will be happy. Wanting produces tension and a state of discomfort. When we get what we think we want, there is momentary relief of that tension and discomfort. This causes us to believe that satisfying our desire is the route to happiness. But soon we begin to want more, which propels us back into the state of discomfort and dissatisfaction. This wrong-concept follows us throughout life. In Eastern disciplines it is known as the Maya trap, and indeed it is a trap because it snares many of us from birth to death:

Sadly, many never learn that you cannot get happiness; it is the byproduct of giving. Thus, “It is better to give than to receive.”

Some have everything but happiness, while others have nothing but happiness. Who has more? Our formula might dictate that the easiest way to become a saint, and enjoy greater peace and happiness, is to care and do for those who have nothing to give in return. By eliminating the possibility of worldly reward we eliminate the thought and therefore the desire to receive anything in return.“
-Clancy D. McKenzie, M.D. – USA
This was both beautifully written but also inspiring. Without love nothing really has any meaning within our lives. Many wealthy famous people commit suicide and everyone always wonders,”why would they do this,they had everything”, perhaps the means to have all the materialistic things, but if the one crucial component to happiness and fulfilling life is missing, the wealth and the physical assets are just stuff that cannot reciprocate any emotional or spiritual completion or connection to those around us.
We often trip upon a straw when we reach for the stars.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
This was both beautifully written but also inspiring. Without love nothing really has any meaning within our lives. Many wealthy famous people commit suicide and everyone always wonders,”why would they do this,they had everything”, perhaps the means to have all the materialistic things, but if the one crucial component to happiness and fulfilling life is missing, the wealth and the physical assets are just stuff that cannot reciprocate any emotional or spiritual completion or connection to those around us.
We often trip upon a straw when we reach for the stars.
What you said here is all so true JR. In my life I really never had materialistic goals, yet materialistic blessings always seem to come my way. I think whatever one is working hard towards will become their burden. You can’t chase love or it will disappoint, just the same as materialistic endeavors will. I came to the conclusion that it is expectations that are one’s downfall. If you give expecting to receive you will be sadly disappointed, and getting that monetary pacifier only soothes the situation for a moment. I see myself as a piece of a puzzle, that I can add to the whole. There is something much more valuable in being a part of something than having something. I have some recent simple goals for myself, to drive this home, and get myself out of my head. Everyday I have to chose one of three things from the list I made for myself below, and it has made my life not only meaningful, on an everyday basis, but with all of the giving I put out everyday, I am constantly amazing at all the love and unexpected things that come back to me, from the most unusual places. Below I have to choose AT LEAST one thing to do each day, or even better, more than one….

1. I have to get out of my house. Go a different route to where I normally go, or maybe compliment another, or stop off somewhere different along the way, but get out. Isolation does not protect one from the world, and does the exact opposite. I have to keep moving and engaging.

2. Call someone that I don’t talk to on a regular basis, even if only for a couple of minutes, to check on them because I heard they were having troubles or just to say hi. I have made a few phone calls this year to people I have never talked to on the phone. They have been surprised and we have gotten to know each other in a different way than ever before. Some I have known for thirty years and this is the first we have ever talked on the phone.

3. Send a small gift or note. Amazon and other online places with free shipping makes sending a gift, even if it is just five dollars, easy. Send a little note with a memory or an old photo is fun, and lately I have been doing some weeding out of my belongings and will send a valuable, or even a box of various silly things, from around my house, to my aunt or a friend, or leave a bag of lemons from my tree on a girlfriends door. I even dropped a bag of lemons off at my favorite restaurant, because the owner always gets me and my friend a seat ahead of the long line out the door, on a busy night. I brought some of my fresh baked brownies the last time I got seated first. These little exchanges have blessed my life in such lovely ways.

I throw so much out there in my life that everyday I am excited to give, and many days surprised to receive, but I try to never expect something. I just love and live.

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat you do that on this forum. What would we do without you!
Lizb that just gave me tears, happy tears! Thank you for saying that! I really adore so many people on this forum, who have really blessed my life, caring for me, and who put themselves out there to say something nice, like you just did. Even the “testy” people I respect for choosing to be here, because they care about their health. Boy I didn’t expect to feel so overwhelmed by your response, I just love these sweet surprises! 😘

Lizb

Lizb that just gave me tears, happy tears! Thank you for saying that! I really adore so many people on this forum, who have really blessed my life, caring for me, and who put themselves out there to say something nice, like you just did. Even the “testy” people I respect for choosing to be here, because they care about their health. Boy I didn’t expect to feel so overwhelmed by your response, I just love these sweet surprises! 😘
I appreciate the 'testy' contributors too. It is an unusual forum and I have to admit I don't always understand what's been written here!!!
Feel blessed.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I appreciate the 'testy' contributors too. It is an unusual forum and I have to admit I don't always understand what's been written here!!!
Feel blessed.
I don’t absorb the technical aspect of things here very well at first either Liz. I can’t even pronounce half of the words!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Agreed, I don't post here that much, sporadically really, but R&Rs icon and threads in the listing always give a pleasing sense of familiarity!
Ha! Ha! Ha! Your are so great! We are a strange family of sorts aren’t we?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals