Declining Eyesight Improved By Looking At Deep Red Light

pauljacob

I don't know if red light on a computer screen would also deliver some benefits, but here's a youtube video for an hour of red light:

And here an all-night red light orgy, while you sleep:

magnesiumania

For people to see improvements with only 3min red light, it really means that they barely see natural light in their life, right?
We're suppose to be outside all day. Has it occured to you that red light is also an antidote to the excessive blue in our inndoir environment? A device with hogh power density deliver light equal to many hours outside in only a few mintues. Few modern human animals expose themselves to enough red/IR.

Quelsatron

I wouldn't advise anyone to stare at the sun, but if you close your eyes then it blocks all the shorter wavelengths and the rest is all red.

TripleOG

My wife had early signs of glaucoma for much of her life. Something about "fraying nerve endings." It runs in her family.

I built a DIY red light bed and we've used it daily. Her next annual appointment came a few months later. Her doctor asked why she was there because she had no signs of degeneration. First time in 15+ years.

This was years ago. She still goes annually. Her doctor laughs and continues to inform her she has healthy young eyes.

I don't know if red light on a computer screen would also deliver some benefits, but here's a youtube video for an hour of red light:

And here an all-night red light orgy, while you sleep:

LEDs have a peak in the blue spectrum, so you'd have to place a filter over the screen for nothing but red light exposure.

rei

LEDs have a peak in the blue spectrum, so you'd have to place a filter over the screen for nothing but red light exposure.
The monitor has these filters. It's how you get colors out and not only white!

Sumbody

This is a very interesting post and I would like to chime in with my experience.

I have been aware of red light's benefits on the eyes for some time.

I have tried it myself many times using my device which is half red, half IR. I usually use it about 2-3 feet from my face for about 3 minutes. I close my eyes while doing this so as to let my eye lids sort of diffuse the light a bit.

Even with my eyes closed, there is a very bright red light behind my eyelids. I can see things happening almost immediately while doing this. Little sparkles and specs flashing white and maybe other colors. These are very tiny "sparks" so to say.

I attributed this to the red light energizing the cone cells of the eye, but I don't quite understand this action too well and could be wrong.

Once finished, I turn off the light and slowly open my eyes. The very first time I did this I nearly crapped myself because my vision was now in a sort of black and white! Over the course of about 30 seconds to a minute or so, this slowly subsides back to my normal full color vision. I assume the light over stimulates the cone cells and ceasing the light then opening the eyes tricks the rod cells of the eye to take over as if it was pitch dark out.

If anyone can elaborate on this that would be awesome!

Or are there any of you who do this and have the same experience?

I have always had great eye sight, but wouldn't mind using the RL from time to time to keep it that way.

Just wasn't sure if my experience was the norm or not, so it's not something I do often even though I think it's safe. But I have seen someone here post a study suggesting IR was harmful to the eye.

Perhaps I should only use the red portion?

What are your experiences doing this?

Peroxphos

It's a cheap and essential therapeutic tool. You don't have to buy from reedman though. You can get a light extension chord and red light bulb on amazon or other places for less than 50$. I personally use a combo 660nm/830nm red light, and it feels great. Not a panacea, but it does feel very good, and there is overwhelming evidence of its profound benefits (thousands of studies on PubMed, and Vladimir Heiskanen has a compiled a great google sheet)
Can you share the link to Vladimir Heiskanen's google sheet please? Can't find it

David PS

David PS

Red light can be used safely to reduce drussen in the eyes.

Photobiomodulation reduces drusen volume and improves visual acuity and contrast sensitivity in dry age-related macular degeneration (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/aos.13354 )

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals