DHEA Has Very Similar Anabolic Activity To DHT

narouz

kineticz said:
Yep, I had horrible sleep and nightmares with that combo, due to the frightfulness feeling. :shock:

Good thing to know.
We should start a cautionary thread!
Seriously.
What with the lysine thread
and the thread about biotin recently...
I bet I'm not the only one experimenting in that vein.

haidut took 6 grams one day
and he said it made him sortuv relaxed/apathetic....

kineticz

narouz said:
kineticz said:

I feel relaxed, but not apathetic, on the lower doses. It must be related to mitochondrial respiration somehow. The biotin cycle.

The anxiety is much worse if I take biotin near or on the day I take high dose lysine.

I can also get the scared feeling with high dose biotin itself. Biotin activates the prog to cortisol enzyme.

My serotonin has been reduced substantially with lysine, aspirin, salt, sugar, a large ioniser while sleeping, protein, and cardio exercise to improve mitochondrial density. I can feel the pregnenolone gaining access to the mitochondria, and it feels wonderful.

narouz

kineticz said:
narouz said:
kineticz said:

I feel relaxed, but not apathetic, on the lower doses. It must be related to mitochondrial respiration somehow. The biotin cycle.

The anxiety is much worse if I take biotin near or on the day I take high dose lysine.

I can also get the scared feeling with high dose biotin itself. Biotin activates the prog to cortisol enzyme.

My serotonin has been reduced substantially with lysine, aspirin, salt, sugar, a large ioniser while sleeping, protein, and cardio exercise to improve mitochondrial density.

damn.
food for thought there, kin.

What ionizer do you use?

kineticz

narouz said:
kineticz said:
narouz said:
kineticz said:

My serotonin has been reduced substantially with lysine, aspirin, salt, sugar, a large ioniser while sleeping, protein, and cardio exercise to improve mitochondrial density.

damn.
food for thought there, kin.

What ionizer do you use?

Are you based in the UK?

I use this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151552190860? ... EBIDX%3AIT

It's very powerful and I used to wake up with swollen sinuses and mucus in the throat but not anymore.

kineticz

narouz said:
kineticz said:
Are you based in the UK?

I use this

It's very powerful and I used to wake up with swollen sinuses and mucus in the throat but not anymore.

Okay.
I'm thinking about it. ;)

Peat said, I think, that there likely is a good effect
in walking by the ocean when there are good breaking waves.

I will bare that in mind. I am going to Spain on holiday for a week in May. :cool:

narouz

kineticz said:
narouz said:
kineticz said:
Are you based in the UK?

I use this

Okay.

I will bare that in mind. I am going to Spain on holiday for a week in May. :cool:

I might have botched the connection:
walking by crashing waves gets you a lot of...what is it?
isn't it the same thing that ionizers make?
And breathing whatever that is
reduces serotonin.
They talked about this briefly in an interview--Peat and the Herb Doctors.

kineticz

narouz said:
kineticz said:
narouz said:
kineticz said:
Are you based in the UK?

I use this

Okay.

I might have botched the connection:
walking by crashing waves gets you a lot of...what is it?
isn't it the same thing that ionizers make?
And breathing whatever that is
reduces serotonin.
They talked about this briefly in an interview--Peat and the Herb Doctors.

It's probably in the same area of theory as earthing.

janus

kineticz said:
Narouz, when I take biotin, or too much lysine, I also get feelings of 'scared-y cat'. Biotin and lysine work together somehow in the mitochondrial cycle.

With the lysine, I only get the anxiety over 2gram. Below 2gram, it works wonders for serotonin syndrome.

The effect of the lysine might vary depending on how you take it. For example, I like to dissolve ~2g in carbonated water, or take with glycine + proline. I posted some quotes in the lysine thread relating to some ways in which lysine might indirectly lower serotonin.

Strongbad

Okay, after finding this thread http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5292 (High estrogen, cortisol, adrenaline, serotonin, prolactin symptoms) Not only do I have high adrenaline symptoms but also high prolactin:
Adrenaline:
- racing heartbeat
- cold hands and feet

High Prolactin:
- Pain or headache at the top of the head
- hair loss
- decreased libido

My head is throbbing with headache as of right now and obviously some hair is shedding :? Prolactin is most likely if not definitely the cause. Was hoping the hairloss was caused by future hair renewal, though :( Guess not...

Now is the high prolactin also caused by too high dose of pregnenolone or DHEA? I'm going to skip both for now until the headache and the racing hearbeat disappear then lower the dose to 30mg preg and 15 DHEA daily. But I wonder if I should lower DHEA, too if it's also the culprit for high andrenaline and prolactin.

Darn, I was hoping I can grow 1.5 inches in 10 weeks and I was shooting to be 6-2 by the end of the year. This is quite a setback :lol:

BTW, again my stat is male, 35 yrs old, 160lbs, 5'-9" (175cm). Apparently hypo :( Wish I can just find the straight cure for it

kineticz

The prolactin is caused by ACTH/Adrenal suppression. You spiked preg and/or DHEA higher than your basal metabolic rate will allow. This will make TRH and TSH rise.

Take some thyroid hormone instead for a while.

Strongbad

Thanks, kineticz you're the man!! :thumbup

I'd just abstain from those two for a few days or a week maybe and start raising BMR. Within a week or two I need to get blood test to discover the real detail of my hypo, but for now I'll research within the forum about hypothyroidism and good thyroid supplements for hypo.

I slept last night with red light LED blasting my scalp. Woke up this morning with pretty low andrenaline, relatively relaxed :mrgreen: Red light is pretty good temporary cure in the meantime.

Thanks again! :thankyou

kineticz

Strongbad said:
Thanks, kineticz you're the man!! :thumbup

I'd just abstain from those two for a few days or a week maybe and start raising BMR. Within a week or two I need to get blood test to discover the real detail of my hypo, but for now I'll research within the forum about hypothyroidism and good thyroid supplements for hypo.

I slept last night with red light LED blasting my scalp. Woke up this morning with pretty low andrenaline, relatively relaxed :mrgreen: Red light is pretty good temporary cure in the meantime.

Thanks again! :thankyou

Happy to help. I've been through all the trials and tribulations of oral hormones, transdermal hormones, testosterone supplements, liver supplements, adrenal vitamins, you name it.

There are many rate limiting steps that will bottleneck attempts to boost inputs, processes and outputs without sufficient cellular and glandular efficiency. Then you consider genetic coding, lifestyle, and it gets really a full time job working out what stimulation is aiding or burdening recovery.

kineticz

janus said:
kineticz said:
Narouz, when I take biotin, or too much lysine, I also get feelings of 'scared-y cat'. Biotin and lysine work together somehow in the mitochondrial cycle.

With the lysine, I only get the anxiety over 2gram. Below 2gram, it works wonders for serotonin syndrome.

The effect of the lysine might vary depending on how you take it. For example, I like to dissolve ~2g in carbonated water, or take with glycine + proline. I posted some quotes in the lysine thread relating to some ways in which lysine might indirectly lower serotonin.

Great first posts, thanks.

tara

Strongbad said:
That's a positive report, ta.
If it's working so well, perhaps it doesn't have to be temporary? Completely non-invasive, unlikely to have any biological downsides, and not as complicated as trying to balance hormones with supplements?

You may have got this from elsewhere already, but you know adequate calcium is important for keeping prolactin down? One of prolactin's main jobs is to get calcium out of the bones (and maybe the hair?) when there isn't enough in circulation.

kineticz

tara said:
Strongbad said:
That's a positive report, ta.
If it's working so well, perhaps it doesn't have to be temporary? Completely non-invasive, unlikely to have any biological downsides, and not as complicated as trying to balance hormones with supplements?

You may have got this from elsewhere already, but you know adequate calcium is important for keeping prolactin down? One of prolactin's main jobs is to get calcium out of the bones (and maybe the hair?) when there isn't enough in circulation.

Always thought milk makes me tired. Must show that beneath the stress and prolactin, my energy is suffering.

Or it could be that calcium is a calming nutrient lol.

tara

kineticz said:
Always thought milk makes me tired. Must show that beneath the stress and prolactin, my energy is suffering.

Or it could be that calcium is a calming nutrient lol.
Or both. :)
Actually, I think Peat may have said casein is calming, too.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
kineticz said:
The prolactin is caused by ACTH/Adrenal suppression. You spiked preg and/or DHEA higher than your basal metabolic rate will allow. This will make TRH and TSH rise.

Hey kineticz, sorry for posting this to this thread but I could not find your other post that I was looking for. Didn't you say that DHEA suppresss the HPA axis? What do you think of this study?
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17928160

kineticz

haidut said:
kineticz said:

Hey kineticz, sorry for posting this to this thread but I could not find your other post that I was looking for. Didn't you say that DHEA suppresss the HPA axis? What do you think of this study?

That confirms what I have been saying, that in the conditions of hypothyroidism, excess adrenal steroids will spike your preg, dhea, cortisol, resulting in net adrenal suppression.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
kineticz said:
haidut said:
kineticz said:

That confirms what I have been saying, that in the conditions of hypothyroidism, excess adrenal steroids will spike your preg, dhea, cortisol, resulting in net adrenal suppression.

If I am reading this study right it says that the adrenal steroids like DHEA will spike ACTH and cortisol. How is that "adrenal suppression"? Am I missing something?
I do agree that DHEA and pregnenolone can make matters worse for hypothyroid people but I suspect that it would be due to this stimulation of ACTH and cortisol, not due to suppressing ACTH/cortisol. Also DHEA and maybe pregnenoloone can convert into estrogen and for hypo people that would be bad b/c estrogen directly suppresses the thyroid and induces fatty acid oxidation, which is bad in Peat-land.
In what capacity do you think estrogen can be good in such situation? I saw you said that with high estrogen you felt better and low estrogen made you tired and depressed, so I am wondering what mechanism you think is at play.
Thanks in advance.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals