Do BCAAs "count" toward daily protein goal?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Do BCAAs "count" toward a daily protein goal?

That is, if you are aiming for 90 g of protein per day, would you "count" 15 g of BCAAs (the limit that Haidut seems to recommend)?

tasfarelel

Yes, I would count BCAAs if they are not the majority of your protein intake and if you have amino acids from other meals still in your system

moa

90g of protein i think it's too much. i think a healthy subjects will not have any problem to digest up to 90g per day, but in most people, not very healthy, that will increase ammonia a bit or burden the liver.

i think Haidut said not to consume more than 20g or 25g of protein in one meal (4h window) including plant proteins.

consuming only 2 protein containing meals per day (excluding fruit juice pause and coffee), this means about 40g to 50g protein is more than enaught.

in my experience, consuming only one meal with protein 30g total (animal and non animal) with a second meal with plant proteins about 10g or some milk, for an average of 40g to 45g per day is more than enaught.

more than that doesn't always feel good, excepting occasionally. but if you're healthy i think you can get up to 90g or so without side effects.

then maybe it's better to eat 4 meals at 4h distance, each containing 25g of protein in total.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Thanks.
I feel better with more protein, and I recall that Peat said that he did not feel right when he had fewer than 120 g of protein a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals