Edema

Ganne

I have painful edema of ankles and sometimes it moves to my hands and arms. I have Hashimoto’s and use NDT and cytomel. My numbers look good and my temperature is normal. I also have low ferritin and iron and low magnesium and riboflavin.
My sodium is 139 and when I use salt it seems to make me worse. I had an IV bag of sodium potassium and magnesium this week and I swelled worse than ever and was in a lot of pain. My aldosterone is also low. I am going crazy trying to figure this out and of course no doctor has been able to help. Amy ideas?

dlind70

Increase vitamin d, calcium food from milk from best quality milk you can find. Increase zinc foods like beef and bacon. Zinc foods will balance out the oxidation rate and deal with the calcium and sodium issues. A lot more calcium from high quality milk is your best bet because that is been shown in many studies to decrease the edema

OP
G

Ganne

I am
Lactose intolerant so my calcium intake is low. But I use magnesium a lot. Could this be making it worse?

dlind70

Magnesium needs to be in balance with calcium. Ray has said just magnesium could be irritating to digest

dlind70

To digest by itself. Most raw milk protein has a good balance of both mag and calcium

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals