Einkorn Sourdough

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
My husband. Any other wheat affects him bloating, digestive distress, skin distress, etc. He can handle Einkorn no problems at all.
Beautiful. Gonna give it another shot with your instructions above.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Lollipop2

Do you know of anyone who sells it already made and ships it?
No. Unfortunately. But the Jovial website has Organic Einkorn Sourdough crackers already made AND penne pasta. You can try those and see how you handle the Einkorn. Honestly, it does not take me hardly any effort for the bread now. At first yes, learning curve and I needed the equipment. But now it is soooo easy and barely any effort.

Elize

I have gluten issues and have no problems with Einkorn. Have Celiac disease. Home made sourdough bread don't have all the ingredients of store bread and is more puritan.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have gluten issues and have no problems with Einkorn. Have Celiac disease. Home made sourdough bread don't have all the ingredients of store bread and is more puritan.
This is wonderful. So hoping I can make it work as I do miss bread and love sourdough.

Elize

Charlie I reintroduced bread 3 months ago with 1 slice every 3 days now tolerate 1 slice a day or 1 sourdough pancake a day no gut issues. Just ensure to have enough hydration. I posted the recipe I use and will post an even easier one that I bake in a normal bread pan rather than a dutch oven Naturally Leavened Sourdough Bread.

I use. 2 8 by 4 bread loaf pans I bought from Giant stores. I can send you some tips if you want to message me. I rise my starter at my furnace nice and warm.

Last edited:

Cara

Is there anyone here with gluten issues able to tolerate Einkorn sourdough?
I have gluten issues and cannot even eat homemade sourdough without experiencing digestive issues. Einkorn is safe for me. I ate homemade einkorn bread while on vacation for 3 days straight and had zero issues. I just started making my own now, very simple recipe.

Lollipop2

Please ? share your recipe with us

Thanks so much
@Elize I found a quick Einkorn bread recipe that is quite good and doesn’t need very long to make. I copied the recipe as images. I will attach them.
7D5196E9-EE22-4E1B-A065-22E2B8E1F380.jpeg
C20DBAF8-7F8B-413C-8388-EA6B60D22769.jpeg
5D3C9E6B-A5F1-4EEE-AF7A-132D70021A09.jpeg
0588E58C-7088-477D-86EA-3AA8256EED1E.jpeg

akgrrrl

KilllerDiller Dark Chocolate-Cherry Sourdough EinKorn Muffins
One day I was musing at how choc goes so well with cherry, and determined to add another baked goodie to my personal Einkorn recipe box. As is so often the case, recipes dont tell you some of the finer points that can make a huge difference in the finished product. Since einkorn continues to soak up moisture after baking, I try to consider the baking form first. For instance, if a pan of masa/einkorn/blue corn cornbread is about to be eaten by 4ppl, no prob it gets baked in iron skillet. Otherwise, it goes to the jumbo muffin tins, wrapped individually in cling wrap then immed to freezer. Warmed gently low and slow on griddle or oven, it is exactly as fresh baked in texture, taste, and aroma. Same with bread, it is baked, cooled, sliced and frozen. I take out only what I want to use so the whole loaf is enjoyed as fragrant and fresh as when first baked. Sourdough in einkorn adds tremendous moisture.
So, I put a cup of dried cherries in a saucepan covered in water and boiled it to rehydrate, turned it off and set out couple eggs and a stick of butter to get room temp until the next morning, when I could put my mind to it.
8am got out the jumbo muffin tins, large bowl, handmixer. Cut up squares of parchment paper for the tins, or premade muffin papers if you like, or none at all.
Ok, it went like this:
I poured off the cherry juice and topped it off to make one full cup of water. Into the bowl with 1 and 1/2 cup of einkorn, and an overflowing 1/2cup of sourdough starter. I mixed this with just a WOODEN spoon, remember no metals with sourdough, covered it, let it perk for 2 hrs.
When I came back, turned the oven to 350 with rack in the middle and dumped all these ingredients in the bowl on top of the 2hour sourdough:
The 2eggs
Stick butter or 1/2 cup
1/4 cup of powdered milk or cream( I keep both as a part of pantry stock for baking, gravies, sauces, hot beverages)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Ok, wait. Real cinnamon, Ceylon cinnamon, not what you buy in the grocery store which is likely cassia. Unrefined organic sugar, and not salt thats been solvent rinsed for white prettyness and buffers added for non clumpy, and NOT imitation vanilla (made from the expression of the anal gland of a beaver, www.fda.gov/allowablecontaminants
And real cagefree fresh eggs, not "let out for 5 mins once a week so we can call them free range", fed cheap rapeseed or gmo pesticided corn or who knows what else chems and compounds
Lastly, the chocolate, most recipes would say 3 squares of fancy baking choc for a moist rich cake but nope, I keep cocoa in my pantry. Its dark, organic and soooo good.9 tablespoons, and 3 T of melted coconut oil so the dry cocoa doesnt dry the cake.
If by hand a total of 300 strokes, or beat 2 mins elec mixer.
Last step, before using my 1/2 measuring cup to scoop into each jumbo cup with paper lining, is to gently but thoroughly fold in the cherries with the wooden spoon 1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp baking powder. After portioning to make 10 jumbo muffins, I sprinkled semisweet choc chips on top, which really was the coup de gras: they sunk down into the chocolately sourdough, the cherries stayed afloat in the substancial nature of the Einkorn. And so about 22 to 25 minutes later I put on my tiara. Ya know, cuz I am the Queen of Einkorn. Wheeeeeeeee

akgrrrl

EasyEinkornWaffles
Waffle iron plugged in to heat.
Scoop a cup of sourdough starter into a medium bowl
1egg
1Tb melted butter ir coconut oil
Pinch salt
Heaping spoon of sugar
Mix well, then gently fold in a tsp baking soda.
Pour into iron, watch the steam coming out. When the steam gets less and less, its some kind of done. Take it out if you like them soft, leave in if you like crispy. Makes about 3, sometimes 4 in an 8" round iron.

akgrrrl

Einkorn Masa Lemon Muffins

3 cups hearty flours
2 cups organic buttermilk
1/4 of water
Mix, put cling wrap directly down on dough, let soak in the fridge 12 to 24 hrs.
Last time I made this I used 1 cup each of einkorn, masa, org blue corn (ground in the coffee mill to make flour).
Ready squares of parchment baking paper, premade cupcake papers , or if you dont have, grease cups then coat in flour. This allows the batter to grip the sides, otherwise it will rise and maybe fall flat or sink in the center. Grease and flour especially if its a non stick pan.
Add to flours,
2eggs
1tsp vanilla
1tsp salt
Juice and zest of one large lemon
1/2 cup sugar
3T melted butter
Beat by hand then add
2 tsps baking soda
Portion into 10 jumbo muffin cups with half cup measure
Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar
Bake low and slow at 325 degrees these are delicate, could be 45 mins. Go by the smell.

akgrrrl

Einkorn Biscotti
Lasts for weeks in airtight container without freezing.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
C'mon now this is too easy!
3 cups einkorn flour
Up to a cup of additions: slivered almonds, chopped currants, choc chips, date pieces
Mix by hand, dump onto countertop. Mold into a ball, divide that in half. Make two long logs, and lay longways on a cookie sheet. Press with flat palm so logs are flattened not round.
Bake 25 minutes at 325
Take out and let cool
Slice into 1" pieces across each log, turn on their side
Bake another 25 mins on low, 225 degrees

Lollipop2

Einkorn Biscotti
Lasts for weeks in airtight container without freezing.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
C'mon now this is too easy!
3 cups einkorn flour
Up to a cup of additions: slivered almonds, chopped currants, choc chips, date pieces
Mix by hand, dump onto countertop. Mold into a ball, divide that in half. Make two long logs, and lay longways on a cookie sheet. Press with flat palm so logs are flattened not round.
Bake 25 minutes at 325
Take out and let cool
Slice into 1" pieces across each log, turn on their side
Bake another 25 mins on low, 225 degrees
@akgrrrl these recipes look yummmmy! Going to save them and try over time. Thank you!

akgrrrl

@akgrrrl these recipes look yummmmy! Going to save them and try over time. Thank you!
Welcome! Please help me correct mistakes or anything isnt clear, like I forgot to say grease and flour the choc cherry muffin tins if no paper liners...
I am rushed now bcuz it is planting time here. 20 hrs of daylight for awhile.but I could post some "one bowl breads" if anyone is interested. This is my style of baking that is quicker--- without 2 long rise times and only one bowl one pan and not make a huge mess.

Lollipop2

Welcome! Please help me correct mistakes or anything isnt clear, like I forgot to say grease and flour the choc cherry muffin tins if no paper liners...
I am rushed now bcuz it is planting time here. 20 hrs of daylight for awhile.but I could post some "one bowl breads" if anyone is interested. This is my style of baking that is quicker--- without 2 long rise times and only one bowl one pan and not make a huge mess.
Good luck in planting season!! I am interested. Do it when you are not rushed. This thread will always be here.

Cara

Please ? share your recipe with us

Thanks so much
Thanks so much.

This was the recipe I used. Very simple and lasted a week. I’d freeze the slices next time around so I don’t feel rushed to finish the loaf haha

Lollipop2

This was the recipe I used. Very simple and lasted a week. I’d freeze the slices next time around so I don’t feel rushed to finish the loaf haha
Nice. Thank you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals