Female Corner

akgrrrl

Thanks so much! i agree. |Mainstream medical practitioners are so trigger happy with meds and would just tell me to start a pill but when the side effects from the actual treatment may explain residual symptoms just makes so sense to assault your entire intestine unnecessarily with massive non optimal antibiotics. proof is in the data so will go get it again.
5 caps 3x a day of the probiotic I screenshot has ameliorated 1,000 mgs of powerful antibiotic per 24hrs for 7days with clean, slick juicy, vaginal walls

Advocate2021

5 caps 3x a day of the probiotic I screenshot has ameliorated 1,000 mgs of powerful antibiotic per 24hrs for 7days with clean, slick juicy, vaginal walls
lol- you made me laugh too so thanks. you mean while you were on the antibiotic you took this dose of probiotic and feel you balanced all out with it? it is compelling yet this forum and dr peat is so anti acidophilus but favors sporebiotics which i take religiously. wondering if bacillus subtillis, coagulans, saccromyces boulardi (florastore) also work this way as touted to survive antibiotics?

akgrrrl

lol- you made me laugh too so thanks. you mean while you were on the antibiotic you took this dose of probiotic and feel you balanced all out with it? it is compelling yet this forum and dr peat is so anti acidophilus but favors sporebiotics which i take religiously. wondering if bacillus subtillis, coagulans, saccromyces boulardi (florastore) also work this way as touted to survive antibiotics?
Its not acidophilus.
Yes, in tandem with, or after, or any period of time in which you want clean and juicy.
Power vacay with your lover? The bomb, dont even think about nasty lubes.
I am telling you: 40 years of success for myself and every woman I ever taight---ignore the "dosage", you cannot hurt yourself with this. I have taken 6 coupla hours before a date where I had serious intentions and, well...best 40years of my 68. Truth be known, I never thought I would be dealing with men at this age, but I am still scraping 'em off me 20yrs my jr jeez

Advocate2021

Its not acidophilus.
Yes, in tandem with, or after, or any period of time in which you want clean and juicy.
I am telling you: 40 years of success for myself and every woman I ever taight---ignore the "dosage", you cannot hurt yourself with this. I have taken 6 coupla hours before a date where I had serious intentions and, well...best 40years of my 68. Truth be known, I never thought I would be dealing with men at this age, but I am still scraping 'em off me 20yrs my jr jeez
This is the.primadophilus you posted? I believe it lists many acidophilus strains? Glad you are still channelling the Goddess!!!!!

akgrrrl

This is the.primadophilus you posted? I believe it lists many acidophilus strains? Glad you are still channelling the Goddess!!!!!
Yes, on the side panel it says "Propriety Probiotic Blend" providing 5Billion CFU
Then rhamnosus HA-111
And lactobacillus RO418
Also other ingreds NaturesWay brand
Whatever its proprietary stuff, it works.

Happycat

Its not acidophilus.
Jumping on here to say this probiotic has caught my attention.
Just wanted to ask, do you take it evety day or only when required?

freyasam

Aside from the emotional upset, just very confounding - seriously making me never want to insert anything into that area ever again
This is what I do (nothing is inserted) and I no longer have vaginal infections. In my opinion there's a reason why vaginal secretions have so much *protection* against the compounds in ejaculation fluids. I know it's an unpopular sentiment but celibacy has made me more connected to myself and spirit, and I'm saying this in case it resonates with anyone, not to change anyone's mind. For menses I use reusable cloth pads. I do wonder if mucous membranes are healthier when they are not touched, or altered by someone else's hormones, frequently. Curious if any other women feel the same.

Last edited:

Jennifer

This is what I do (nothing is inserted) and I no longer have vaginal infections. In my opinion there's a reason why vaginal secretions have so much *protection* against the compounds in ejaculation fluids. I know it's an unpopular sentiment but celibacy has made me more connected to myself and spirit, and I'm saying this in case it resonates with anyone, not to change anyone's mind. For menses I use reusable cloth pads. I do wonder if mucous membranes are healthier when they are not touched, or altered by someone else's hormones, frequently. Curious if any other women feel the same.

I’ve been thinking about this in regards to the DivaCup and hormone suppositories. I’ve never had a vaginal infection, but I’ve been questioning if the cup and suppositories (pregnenolone in cocoa butter) can disturb a healthy vaginal pH and possibly lead to one. I also don’t like how I can feel the cup when it’s in so I decided to use it for hiking like LadyRae suggested and stick with eco friendly pads the rest of the time like I did all the years prior.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’d be celibate if I weren’t married. I’ve thought about broaching the subject with my husband but I have a feeling it wouldn’t go over well! :D

LadyRae

I’ve been thinking about this in regards to the DivaCup and hormone suppositories. I’ve never had a vaginal infection, but I’ve been questioning if the cup and suppositories (pregnenolone in cocoa butter) can disturb a healthy vaginal pH and possibly lead to one. I also don’t like how I can feel the cup when it’s in so I decided to use it for hiking like LadyRae suggested and stick with eco friendly pads the rest of the time like I did all the years prior.
Oh if you can feel it then it is not positioned correctly. I've been using a diva cup for 15 years without even washing it with soap every time, just rinsing it with water, without any infections. Not a one.

Jennifer

I’d be celibate if I weren’t married. I’ve thought about broaching the subject with my husband but I have a feeling it wouldn’t go over well! :D

Haha! Something tells me that celibacy would be a hard sell for the majority of men. I’ve spent a lot of time in nursing homes and let’s just say that the spark of romance is with them until their last breath. The women too, actually. I think it’s sweet. :)

Oh if you can feel it then it is not positioned correctly. I've been using a diva cup for 15 years without even washing it with soap every time, just rinsing it with water, without any infections. Not a one.

Ahh…okay. I wondered how other women put up with it. lol It’s never leaked so I thought I had it in right. And thank you for sharing your experience. I find it reassuring to know that you haven’t had any infections using the cup.

LadyRae

Haha! Something tells me that celibacy would be a hard sell for the majority of men. I’ve spent a lot of time in nursing homes and let’s just say that the spark of romance is with them until their last breath. The women too, actually. I think it’s sweet. :)

Ahh…okay. I wondered how other women put up with it. lol It’s never leaked so I thought I had it in right. And thank you for sharing your experience. I find it reassuring to know that you haven’t had any infections using the cup.
Well it may not be for everybody. My 15-year-old doesn't like hers and I'm not sure if it is the positioning or what... It's such a personal matter.

When you insert it, do you fold it in half, put it in, let go, and then twist it around your cervix? Everybody's cervix is in a bit different position depending on what time in their cycle they are... Have you ever felt yours with your finger? It kind of feels like the tip of your nose with a dent in the middle, rather like a miniature donut sticking down into your vagina. It can be really easy to not get the cup fitted around the cervix...

When we are ovulating, the cervix descends downward and is much closer to the vaginal opening, that's much easier to check out and feel with your finger. It is very soft and squishy and moist. Other times in the cycle, it seems to pull back up towards your lower back and becomes much more firm and closed and small. During my period, my cervix feels somewhere between these two extremes. Sometimes it's off to the side a bit and I have to search around for it a little bit to get the cup around it.

This is the female corner, so no apologies for TMI haha!

Jennifer

Well it may not be for everybody. My 15-year-old doesn't like hers and I'm not sure if it is the positioning or what... It's such a personal matter.

When you insert it, do you fold it in half, put it in, let go, and then twist it around your cervix? Everybody's cervix is in a bit different position depending on what time in their cycle they are... Have you ever felt yours with your finger? It kind of feels like the tip of your nose with a dent in the middle, rather like a miniature donut sticking down into your vagina. It can be really easy to not get the cup fitted around the cervix...

When we are ovulating, the cervix descends downward and is much closer to the vaginal opening, that's much easier to check out and feel with your finger. It is very soft and squishy and moist. Other times in the cycle, it seems to pull back up towards your lower back and becomes much more firm and closed and small. During my period, my cervix feels somewhere between these two extremes. Sometimes it's off to the side a bit and I have to search around for it a little bit to get the cup around it.

Haha! No worries about TMI. I TMI all over the forum. lol

Thank you for explaining. I do fold it in half, put it in, let it go and twist it, but maybe I’m not getting it around my cervix. I’ve never felt my cervix before but now that you’ve explained what it feels like, I know what to look for so thank you!

Advocate2021

Well i am definitely giving my self a break this next cycle and will use non insertables. I got retested after finishing the metronadizole vaginal gel 5 day course as it left things in quite a suboptimal state. However this was a side effecr of the actual treatment as vaginal culture came back negative for yeast, bv and everything else. Glad i retested and didnt start swallowing pills.finally feeling pretty good there again after 3 weeks of turmoil just in time for next period in a few days so will grin and bear pads this time. Truly not sure about Diva cup now as the onset of this last episode directly coincides with it and not the sexual activity. That being said, based upon research supporting that unprotected sex is not only high risk for contracting std's but also for causing bacterial vaginosis due to vaginal ph disruption, i will never again allow no condom even with a commited partner as i have allowed in the past. Across the boards condom ( non expired and completely sealed) is the prudent way to go.

Last edited:

amd

Came here looking for tips on hyaluronic acid (+B3&B5), but this is not the right thread, did learn something though.

a.png

Fllora

I stumbled on this thread recently - thank you so much. Blossom.
I've read all the posts about dry and/or falling hair - I lose more than I'd like, and it is dry. (I'm 67, will spare you all the details, but started down the Peatly road about eight years ago, been using Vit. D, Progest-E and liquid K2 MK-4, Mg, and aspirin for about four years; Cynomel, Haidut's B's, etc etc the last couple yrs).

There are a gazillion posts by the guys on hair loss and what they've tried - overwhelming, really, and a lot of it may not translate to us. such a paucity of studies on women and hair loss. I am curious, though, whether any of you have tried any of the guys' "recipes"?

Like Dr. J, 12/4/16: "It's really easy to make your own shampoo with baking soda and water as the base. Then add other ingredients according to your preference. I add caffeine, taurine, niacinamide, and aspirin." (or could sub Solban)
Or TubZy on 7/26/17: 1 drop of lisuride, 3 grams of lysine and 1 gram of glycine taken twice a day, 15 grams of MSM and a few grams of vitamin C split into two doses."

Have you had success in stopping hair loss and encouraging growth with internal or external Lysine, Glycine, Taurine, coffee, etc.? Noting Ewelina's post in 2015 mentioning these things and more.

And then there's skin, but I'll save that for another post!

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Fllora, lisuride or anything that lowers prolactin has really helped me a lot with hair shedding related to elevated prolactin in the past.
In general for hair/skin/nail health I like hydrolyzed collagen and glycine. I’ve taken taurine (currently do) and find it beneficial but haven’t noticed an impact on my hair specifically from using it. As you’ve probably noticed there are many ideas on the forum to try/explore. I hope more ladies chime in on what has worked for them. Best wishes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals