Female Corner

Fllora

@Fllora, lisuride or anything that lowers prolactin has really helped me a lot with hair shedding related to elevated prolactin in the past.
In general for hair/skin/nail health I like hydrolyzed collagen and glycine. I’ve taken taurine (currently do) and find it beneficial but haven’t noticed an impact on my hair specifically from using it. As you’ve probably noticed there are many ideas on the forum to try/explore. I hope more ladies chime in on what has worked for them. Best wishes.
thanks Blossom. Yes, let's make a ladies' list!

mostlylurking

In general for hair/skin/nail health I like hydrolyzed collagen and glycine. I’ve taken taurine (currently do) and find it beneficial but haven’t noticed an impact on my hair specifically from using it. As you’ve probably noticed there are many ideas on the forum to try/explore. I hope more ladies chime in on what has worked for them. Best wishes.
I think that hydrolyzed collagen has helped me too. I think that biotin has also helped.

I've been through three extremely stressful health events in my life; organophosphate poisoning (1993), the onset of rheumatoid arthritis (2014), and getting my thiamine function blocked by taking Bactrim antibiotic (2020). Each time I lost a considerable amount of hair. The first time it happened, the hair clogged the shower drain and the hair mass when removed looked like a dead squirrel. Each time, when my health recovered, my hair grew back, maybe not quite as thick but healthy looking.

I think that focusing on optimizing oxidative metabolism so that you are healthier on a cellular level is really important. For me that meant optimizing my thyroid medication for my hypothyroidism and addressing my need for thiamine by high dosing it. I have heavy metal poisoning which increases my need for thiamine.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think that focusing on optimizing oxidative metabolism so that you are healthier on a cellular level is really important.
100% agree. I think it’s important that we consider our situation context for making decisions on how to proceed. Women’s hair loss is probably a bit different than mens. I’ve also found thyroid and various B’s beneficial. Thanks for yet another always helpful reply.

mostlylurking

100% agree. I think it’s important that we consider our situation context for making decisions on how to proceed. Women’s hair loss is probably a bit different than mens. I’ve also found thyroid and various B’s beneficial. Thanks for yet another always helpful reply.
Several years ago, my dear friend fell and broke her shoulder badly. I think she was around 72 at the time. She was in a tremendous amount of pain because the doctor didn't set the shoulder for several days and then did surgery to cobble her back together. My friend was so sick to her stomach she couldn't eat for almost a month and she lost around 30 pounds. During this time of intense stress (high cortisol), all of her hair fell out. She was bald for at least two years. But then, she finally agreed to go to my endocrinologist and he changed her thyroid medication to Acella NP Thyroid, which is a natural desiccated product so it includes T3. It took a few months, but my friend's hair has all grown back! Her GP, who had stubbornly insisted on prescribing only synthetic T4 for my friend, couldn't believe that she had recovered so well.

So I agree completely; thyroid supplements that include T3 are very beneficial for getting someone back on track.

Jennifer

Have you had success in stopping hair loss and encouraging growth with internal or external Lysine, Glycine, Taurine, coffee, etc.?

I haven’t with supplements, but have with the basics, mainly getting enough (animal) protein and keeping gut irritation low—unripe fruit and fiber are my worst offenders. I lost the majority of my hair on a high-carb, low-protein, fruit-based diet and gained it back when I doubled my daily protein intake from 50 g to 100 g—my hair increased from a 1/2” in diameter to 1 1/2” in diameter. My mum also experienced regrowth after upping her protein intake, and a bald patch my aunt had near her temple filled in after I gave her marine collagen for some digestive issues she was having. It was her hairdresser who noticed the regrowth. I’m not sure if there’s something special about the collagen or it’s simply the increase in protein that contributed because her diet was previously low in it.

Fllora

Another girl post. I was reviewing Hadiut's references re: Pansterone, which I recently bought, and found a host of studies and reviews of studies on use of DHEA
for postmenopausal vaginal "atrophy". Here's one:
and
I am wondering if any of you postmenopausal ladies have tried Pansterone or other DHEA-containing substances vaginally with good results.
Or maybe you've used just Pregnenolone or Stressnon in a suppository?
I just added a few drops of Pansterone to my cocoa butter/Progesterone mix and have just started trying it out. Don't have any Pregnenolone...yet.

freyasam

Does anyone know if Peat ever addressed the topic of whether all human fetuses begin as female? I'm looking into this now and there is some disagreement over this in scientific literature. It's clear that the Y chromosome makes the SRY gene kick in around 6-7 weeks to cause the fetus to develop as a male. But there's disagreement over whether the fetus in the first 6 weeks is default female. I'm interested if Peat has ever spoken about this.

Advocate2021

Hi ladies- been a while since ive been here but thought i would provide some updated data on some of the topics i have brought here. Since the BV i experienced back in May, i have used only externals for menstruation and i do think that is best and that the diva cup may not have worked for me. I also am realizing just how susceptible our hormonal systems and cycles can be to intimate interaction with males, even if not necessarily intercourse or any exposure to semen. Reminds me of the story I shared from Dr. Peat here regarding the woman with longstanding amenorrhea who borrowed his sweater during a consult, forgot to return it and called him the next day to report she had gotten her period. Just by being around a male's energy and hugging, kissing, touch etc. if there has been a lapse, it has an effect based upon my experience. I had shared a disruption with sexual activity from a few months back and then my cycles returning to normal once that had passed.

Again, all normal for 3 months but with more intimacy with a male (not even intercourse or any oral activity) thereafter beginning about a week before menstruation due end of july, again a seeming retreat. The same pattern where it appeared to begin very faintly on time and then a complete retreat. And then with a back off from the intimate activity, menstruation shortly thereafter. I felt that after the "retreat" i actually ovulated again when i should have been menstruating. I sure wish i Could ask Dr. Peat about this; but i think he is giving me the answer.

our bodies are so intelligent and i think that when there is a deficit of intimacy and then a sudden onslaught, the female body may hoard it by saying- "wait a man, an opportunity, so i need to be in fertility mode for this" lol. kind of like the theory regarding evolution with lack of food availability in ancient times and fat storage and other protective mechanisms. Truly is fascinating and i think supports that for optimal health, a consistency in intimacy is important. The spiritual, emotional and physical are energetically intertwined as Dr. Peat teaches with his bioenergetic perspective on health.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Fllora, yes it definitely helps a lot!
Edit: Sorry for the late reply.

palebluedot

Hi women, thought I’d ask this here-

Does anyone have experience breastfeeding and taking cascara sagrada? I’m suffering pretty bad constipation, which has been a chronic issue for me even before pregnancy. I’m a year postpartum, and still getting a bit of hemorrhoid inflammation from the need to strain and constipation, and having hard pebble like 💩. I’ve tried prunes, lots of hydration, more fiber, carrot salad almost daily, and the occasional saline enema when I just need relief. I’ve used cascara in the past with good results… but the internet has me weary of trying it while breastfeeding my son. Would it really go through my milk? Seems like just more fear mongering, but I wouldn’t want to give him digestive upset. Maybe I’ll try some boiled mushrooms, or psyllium husks?

Any other tips much appreciated! - constipated mommy

palebluedot

Hi women, thought I’d ask this here-

Does anyone have experience breastfeeding and taking cascara sagrada? I’m suffering pretty bad constipation, which has been a chronic issue for me even before pregnancy. I’m a year postpartum, and still getting a bit of hemorrhoid inflammation from the need to strain and constipation, and having hard pebble like 💩. I’ve tried prunes, lots of hydration, more fiber, carrot salad almost daily, and the occasional saline enema when I just need relief. I’ve used cascara in the past with good results… but the internet has me weary of trying it while breastfeeding my son. Would it really go through my milk? Seems like just more fear mongering, but I wouldn’t want to give him digestive upset. Maybe I’ll try some boiled mushrooms, or psyllium husks?

Any other tips much appreciated! - constipated mommy
Forgot to me broom, magnesium, which I’ve taken in various forms, and get quicker transit from it, but I often get too frequent and loose 💩. I think I was relying on it too much, and now I’ve run out of it, things have come to a halt. It’s a trick supplement for me, but I think I need it. I was taking Mag L-threonate most recently.

sunny

FFS!

Well I can see not using tampons, I have not been using them for decades. But they are ditching pads and just staying home? Who are these people? Is it the new way to burn sick time at work or they don't have to work? Maybe it's people making a living posting their life online?

Peatress

Well I can see not using tampons, I have not been using them for decades. But they are ditching pads and just staying home? Who are these people? Is it the new way to burn sick time at work or they don't have to work? Maybe it's people making a living posting their life online?
I suspect this is the latest psyop on this generation.

Advocate2021

Have any women here tried idealabs Gonadin? please share your experience and and if any androgenic effects based upon what men have shared here- i do not want that. interesed in all reports but also particularly in women who are still menstruating. thank you.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Women friends taking progest-e and still cycling please weigh in on this question. I’ve not been in this situation since I had lost my uterus prior to starting progest-e.
“It looks like I’m starting my period (a week early) - light bleeding so far and slight cramping. Is this normal if I’m taking progest e? Maybe I’m not taking enough! I also had very tender breasts again the beginning of the week.”

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Advocate2021, sorry I just saw this post. I did take gonadin about 5 years ago and found it helpful. There were no androgenic symptoms that I noticed but I had already started the menopause transition at that point.

Honeycomb

Alternative to mammogram please? I'm in the UK.
I am of the same opinion as @ecstatichamster as I think they are much safer but you may have to go private. If using the NHS they are likely to deny your request. They even call mammograms their “gold standard”. Normally, ultrasounds are given, if further investigation is needed, after the mammogram results. That’s my personal experience anyway.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals