Finally posting

So, he looked at me at dinner the other night and said something like, in 6 months you're going to tell me how bad eggs are for you...I said, yep, and milk, and collagen powder and...

See, I've changed my diet so many times since I retired, and I say, this is the last time, no more changes. I'm like the boy who cried wolf, he doesn't believe me anymore, I don't blame him. I really need to stick with this one.
That’s funny! He must appreciate that you are trying to be a better woman. What does he want one that gives up?

OP
L

lvanderb

Did something happen that made you sensitive to coffee and chocolate?
I ate too much chocolate and drank too much coffee with cream and stevia.

I first got a racing heart with coffee, then I started getting acid reflux. Then same thing with chocolate, then cheese...all my favorite foods. But cheese seems to be ok now. I'm pretty excited that I get no complaints from my organs (sledge heartburn around 3-5 am) when I have 2 generous tbsp of cold brew coffee. I did start with 1 tbsp.

OP
L

lvanderb

That’s funny! He must appreciate that you are trying to be a better woman. What does he want one that gives up?
I don't think he likes me messing with his food, lol. Mind you, I helped him lose 20 or so lbs last year by cutting out grains.

He really enjoyed being carnivore, but all those steaks got $$$$ and I was getting leg cramps and had to take a ton of electrolytes in my water and ancient minerals salt and magnesium tablets.

He didn't appreciate expensive supplements that did nothing...Dr. Gundry and Zac Bush? come to mind.

I don't think he hopes that I give up, maybe more that I stick with something rather than going with the next pretty diet. I think I just decide pretty quickly when something isn't healing me.

I don't think he likes me messing with his food, lol. Mind you, I helped him lose 20 or so lbs last year by cutting out grains.

He really enjoyed being carnivore, but all those steaks got $$$$ and I was getting leg cramps and had to take a ton of electrolytes in my water and ancient minerals salt and magnesium tablets.

He didn't appreciate expensive supplements that did nothing...Dr. Gundry and Zac Bush? come to mind.

I don't think he hopes that I give up, maybe more that I stick with something rather than going with the next pretty diet. I think I just decide pretty quickly when something isn't healing me.
I got leg cramps at night too, the short few months I did keto. I quit because of the achy legs at night. It felt the flu.

OP
L

lvanderb

I got leg cramps at night too, the short few months I did keto. I quit because of the achy legs at night. It felt the flu.
I still get the odd twinge, but potato juice in my broth takes care of that.

BTW, I now have 50g of cascara sagrada on my counter, haven't got the nerve up yet to make tea.

I still get the odd twinge, but potato juice in my broth takes care of that.

BTW, I now have 50g of cascara sagrada on my counter, haven't got the nerve up yet to make tea.
The tea is easier on the body than the capsule. Brew the tea, actively stirring it, for one minute. Leaving it longer makes it bitter and maybe too strong for some. I usually only use it after a PUFA laden restaurant visit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals