Finally decided to introduce myself :)

mimi

So, I've been hanging around in Peat-web for a while, reading stuff here and there and incorporating some of Peat's ideas into my daily life. Right now I am not where I wanna be (and not sure where I wanna go exactly), but here I am anyway. :)

On to the questions:
– What's your age? 24

– How did you find the forum? Not that hard to find, if one is interested in all things Peat. ;)

– How did you find Ray Peat's work? Actually, it was during a time when I was searching for info on coffee… then I saw that he was promoting coconut oil and I thought that he must be super cool. I also saw that ice cream and fruit were promoted, but I was in a low carb phase (after a fruitarian phase) so that I soon forgot about his homepage and only read a few articles.

– How long have you been Peating? I don't know if what I am doing can be called "peating", I am just trying out new things in order to hopefully find something that works for me. I usually eat a carrot a day, get in some coconut oil, daily coffee with milk and sugar, usually potatoes as a carb/protein source, and some soy-free chocolate, as well as good quality cheeses, and I added in more salt; plus, I am trying to eat more gelatin, but that's pretty hard for me personally on an emotional level; however, I have already succeeded in preparing beef bone broth the other day (after 2 years of thinking that I should try it), so I am making progress (I guess); I really don't like meat much nor fish. I do like eggs, but I have a feeling that I am coming to an end of my egg phase as well (after quitting veganism I sometimes had 5-8 eggs in a day, haha – but now I am getting increasingly bored by eggs; and getting soy-free ones is not that easy where I live either). Plus, I am not a big fan of pasteurized OJ and I am too lazy to make fresh OJ myself; good fruit is hard to find as well… Oh, and actually, I don't really like ice cream (anymore), I did as a kid, though.

– What is your favorite part about Peating? ehhh… coffee = vitamin (I am a university student, so having my coffee is an integral part of my existence…)

– What is the worst part? Don't really enjoy drinking milk, hate the taste of pure gelatin, not that fond of fruit anymore after a long fruitarian phase, got used to eating low sugar, I don't like the idea that starch is more fattening, I have no access to thyroid medication nor pregnenolone/progesterone. I also hate oysters (at least I think so, never had them). Oh, and of course there is the factor, that this is potentially a new set of diet dogma invading my head.

– What are your health issues? Well. I am very likely hypothyroid and clearly have an estrogen problem. I have some very stubborn acne (not much, but since eating sugar again, it's there, especially in my chin area), but in general I have dry skin, dry and brittle hair, feel fatigued, depressed, don't have the best digestion (but no gas or anything, it just could be better), my sleep could be much better (I always have nightmares, but usually sleep through the night and wake up exhausted), my body temperature is usually really low, can't remember the last time my feet were really warm for longer than just a few minutes, sometimes I have edema, brain fog, no interest in life, really. God*dess, that sounds horrible. :mrgreen: I don't feel that bad though, I had harder times in my life already!! :D

Thanks for this place! :)

Mittir

Welcome to the forum
You do not have to like milk or gelatin. Cheese is a perfect substitute for milk.
In some way cheese is better than milk, low tryptophan.
I have noticed a huge improvement in health once i increased
dairy intake in the form of cheese. I need about 3 quart of milk,
8 cups for home made farmer's cheese, 2 cups regular milk-coffee,
2 cups reduced milk. Calcium and protein in dairy is very beneficial.
(Most of the calcium in farmer's cheese is lost in the whey)
Increased sodium intake helps with metabolism.
Many people do have problem digesting gelatin.
RP strongly recommends weekly consumption of liver.
There is no need to eat something that you can not stand.
I used to think liver tastes terrible and now i regularly crave it.

himsahimsa

That list of symptoms sure dose sound hypothyroid.

I got a jar of dessicated thyroid:
https://www.longnaturalhealth.com/produ ... Thyroid/NT

I nibble a single tablet so it is gone by 11 pm or so, as RP suggests. After a month my temperature is beginning to normalize, from average 97.4 to 98.6 ish and I feel more energetic so evidently it works. Anyway for 18 bucks what the hell.

Pay attention to your guts. If what you eat doesn't sit right, makes you feel worse, goes right through or whatever don't eat it. Find some other source for nutrients, something that agrees with you.

Remember there are symbiotic organisms in your guts and you are feeding them too. At least you should hope they're symbiotic. RP talks about germ free mice being healthier but germ free mice die in the real world, so think about what makes your passengers happy and you can avoid a riot below. If you have ever taken antibiotics you might have a non-optimal population.

This is a pretty good site for nutrient lookup:
http://nutritiondata.self.com/

OP
mimi

mimi

You know, at first I thought: heck, let them talk about making cheese on your intro thread, it's okay; but now I'm like: guys, this is the thread where I'm talking about myself and where I'm at right now and how I come to be on this forum and I'd love some welcoming posts or questions; but no, this turned into a cheese making thread :roll: I feel kinda bummed. :(

anyways, thanks to Mittir, I guess, for sharing some tips. ;)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thread split by request. "Farmers Cheese" discussion can be found here.

Mimi, :welcome

See you around the forum. :hattip

OP
mimi

mimi

hehe, thanks, Charlie :)

Charlie said:
Thread split by request. "Farmers Cheese" discussion can be found here.

Mimi, :welcome

See you around the forum. :hattip

Dan W

Welcome, Mimi! <-- I considered putting this over in the cheese thread ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals