Hi From Germany

burtlancast

Durey said:
Don't know about my sister, though. She's not really open to intellectual reasoning, neither is she interested in acquiring knowledge or reads anything more challenging than a detective novel. And I don't mean to describe her in a disparaging way - she's just more the person who thinks that accepting everything in life is the solution and that the universe will provide for her. She's intelligent, but not really interested in/capable of expanding her horizon - because of brain fog, I think. And she says of herself that she's "lacking in brain cells" for questioning things and that she can't concentrate on or read "difficult stuff", but admits that she also doesn't care. It makes me sad that people can be so disregarding of what's going on in the world and inside their own bodies. But I suppose I'll just have to let her live her life, even if it hurts me to know that she could feel so much better and solve so many problems.

I'm trying to associate your response above with your earlier remark "she's been working in the medical field for 20+ years and is totally against mainstream medicine".

Is she a dietetician ?

This reminds me of what David Ray Griffin has called "cognitive dissonance", where people cannot bring themselves to question a belief they have assumed all their life to be true and have grown dependent on it.

Durey said:
And then he talked to me as if I were a stupid child - which he's never done before. He said that it's dangerous to rely on information from the internet and that a doctor could tell me better what to eat and what to do. And that reading all that stuff just makes me worry more and probably about nothing. (He doesn't seem to believe me that I don't worry because of all I read - quite the contrary - but that I just feel like crap almost all the time.) He didn't even care that I read books and articles by actual scientists and not just looked up symptoms on WebMD or something. My heart was beating so fast I could hardly talk.

Looks like you have a chosen an "authoritarian" boyfriend type.

I believe you should stop trying to implicate him in your health decisions, since he obviously believes alternative therapies are all scams.

Health comes first, above anything else ( besides of course surviving).

OP
Durey

Durey

burtlancast said:
I'm trying to associate your response above with your earlier remark "she's been working in the medical field for 20+ years and is totally against mainstream medicine".

Is she a dietetician ?

This reminds me of what David Ray Griffin has called "cognitive dissonance", where people cannot bring themselves to question a belief they have assumed all their life to be true and have grown dependent on it.

No, she's not a dietician. She's a trained nurse and worked in the hospital for over 10 years, then in a home for old people, then as a doctor's assistant and now in hospital administration.
I think you nailed it with the cognitive dissonance - she's always been into alternative medicine but she hardly ever changes her opinion on things she's been convinced of for many years.

However. The last times we wrote she seemed genuinely interested in the Peaty stuff I always mention "casually". She even might try some goat's milk instead of soy. :eek: And she want's me to help her improve her oily skin - which I know nothing about (yet), but I was suprised that she asked me for nutritional advice.

As for my boyfriend, well, he's another example for cognitive dissonance. He's entitled to his opinion and I probably shouldn't get upset about it (if only I could help it), or discuss health matters with him at all. He knows that I will always do what I think is best and I believe that's why he's worried, since I used to be really hypochondriacal - like when I was sure I was suffering from CVI and/or atherosclerosis or when I called an ambulance in the middle of the night because I thought I had a thrombosis. So I suppose it's partly my fault that he doubts my judgement.

burtlancast

Durey said:
She's a trained nurse and worked in the hospital for over 10 years, then in a home for old people, then as a doctor's assistant and now in hospital administration.
I think you nailed it with the cognitive dissonance - she's always been into alternative medicine but she hardly ever changes her opinion on things she's been convinced of for many years.

Then, she has been immersed in authoritarian culture all her life.
I believe it's even harder for people in her situation to change directions, as her livelihood depends precisely on not understanding anti authoritarian arguments... :?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
burtlancast said:
Durey said:
She's a trained nurse and worked in the hospital for over 10 years, then in a home for old people, then as a doctor's assistant and now in hospital administration.

Then, she has been immersed in authoritarian culture all her life.
I believe it's even harder for people in her situation to change directions, as her livelihood depends precisely on not understanding anti authoritarian arguments...
I'm not bashing nurses but I've noticed the ones with any alternative medicine leanings that I know of tend to go down the Dr.Oz path :shock:. That's just more authoritarian propaganda in disguise imo. There is hope though as I've worked in various aspects of the mainstream medical field for 25 years and managed to see the light. Thinking and feeling like your going to die will definitely send you on a quest to find real solutions. That's why I am so adamant that family and friends respect my health choices. I don't recall anyone offering up any support or helpful advice when I was practically disabled. I truly don't know where I'd be today if Peat hadn't shared his work so freely. I think what will impress your sister the most is seeing the positive changes in you first-hand.

Mittir

Blossom said:
I'm not bashing nurses but I've noticed the ones with any alternative medicine leanings that I know of tend to go down the Dr.Oz path :shock:. That's just more authoritarian propaganda in disguise imo. There is hope though as I've worked in various aspects of the mainstream medical field for 25 years and managed to see the light. Thinking and feeling like your going to die will definitely send you on a quest to find real solutions. That's why I am so adamant that family and friends respect my health choices. I don't recall anyone offering up any support or helpful advice when I was practically disabled. I truly don't know where I'd be today if Peat hadn't shared his work so freely. I think what will impress your sister the most is seeing the positive changes in you first-hand.

I am confused if Dr Oz is opening people's minds to new ideas or he is just rehashing
medical "wisdom" to his audience. I thinks once people are convinced that "Medical
experts" are wrong about many many things that opens the door for real search.
From high school days i knew that medical students are not scientists and they
know very little about biology and Big Pharma's control what they prescribe.
I remember talking to a Nuclear physicist who told me that do not get X-ray
unless your life depends on it and do not believe what your doctors tell you about
safety of X-ray. It was long time ago.

I do not have any kind expectations from regular medical doctors.
But what bothers me most are the people who are supposed
to be "Alternative" do not do their homework and starts spreading unscientific
rumors about health. I know medical people can not do a lot of things freely
because their livelihood is at stake.Even if they try they can not get published and
worse they lose job if their view contradict big pharma. Alternatives do not have
those constraints. They simply need to set aside their egos and do real research.
If you do not know ins and outs of a subject ,just do not make any conclusion or recommendation. Even thought lot of these alternatives bloggers write for free
but they should be careful that what they preach to be true has real consequences
to others Health. Their uninformed analyses are misinforming people who are searching
for the right information.

I totally agree that if people around see me getting better on some crazy diet
after sometime they will be doing what you are doing and some of them will
ask for your advice. People with pride do not like getting advice from others,
especially one without professional credentials. They are beyond my reach.
But, regular people takes time to absorb new ideas. Proof is always in the pudding.

burtlancast

Mittir said:
But what bothers me most are the people who are supposed
to be "Alternative" do not do their homework and starts spreading unscientific
rumors about health.
They simply need to set aside their egos and do real research.
If you do not know ins and outs of a subject ,just do not make any conclusion or recommendation. Even thought lot of these alternatives bloggers write for free
but they should be careful that what they preach to be true has real consequences
to others Health. Their uninformed analyses are misinforming people who are searching
for the right information.

Big Pharma has adopted Staline's mantra of " leading the opposition" and makes sure to keep people confused/ angry/ discouraged with alternative health.

It takes a tremendous time and effort to check whether an alternative doctor is legit.
Many of them genuinely attempt to escape the grip of their profession, but often still send patients down the wrong path because they can't distinguish anymore the true science from the propaganda.

One good example is Charlotte Gerson claiming cholesterol is a poison...

Another is film director Eric Merola ( Burzynski movie) getting conned by Ralph Moss ( pharma shill) into believing that laetrile can only prevent metastases...

That's why i never bother reading health bloggers.
I go straight to the science.

If it wasn't for Elaine Hollingsworth and her black salve doc and subsequent book, i would never have come across Peat.

TeslaFan

Durey said:
burt, it's interesting you bring that up. I got ~8-10 amalgam fillings when I was thirteen, a couple more when I was older. Had them removed three years ago, lots of traumatic dentist experiences and x-rays inclusive. It would explain a lot of things... Is there anything I could do, now the fillings are gone (and the mercury probably in my body)?

You can do 3 things:
1. Properly remove mercury
2. Do nothing
3. Hurt yourself even more with improper mercury removal (including provocation testing)

Once in the brain, elemental mercury will not leave in any reasonable time (relative to the length of human life). It will stay there because elemental mercury is not fat soluble so it cannot get out of the brain. It normally enters when it is in organic, fat-soluble form such as methyl-mercury or ethyl-mercury, but those have limited half-life.

Andrew Cutler (PhD, Chemistry) has a really good book on how to properly and safely remove mercury (Amalgam Illness). He's not strictly Peatarian (for example, he believes Omega 3 fats are beneficial), but when it comes to mercury chemistry he knows it better then anyone else I could find after years of searching.

burtlancast

skominac said:
Andrew Cutler (PhD, Chemistry) has a really good book on how to properly and safely remove mercury (Amalgam Illness). He's not strictly Peatarian (for example, he believes Omega 3 fats are beneficial), but when it comes to mercury chemistry he knows it better then anyone else I could find after years of searching.

Andrew Cutler ?
Feel free to point me to any of his audio or video content ( there aren't any i could ever find).
The guy seem to exist only in the virtual world/ in paper books, and uses a (very) heavy authoritarian style, so often denounced by Ray .

Most probably another creation by the pharma industry.

TeslaFan

burtlancast said:
skominac said:

Andrew Cutler ?
Feel free to point me to any of his audio or video content ( there aren't any i could ever find).
The guy seem to exist only in the virtual world/ in paper books, and uses a (very) heavy authoritarian style, so often denounced by Ray .

Most probably another creation by the pharma industry.

I am confused. If you did not find any audio/video content by him, how would you know he uses a "heavy authoritarian style" ? If you read his book, what made you suspect it's the "creation by the pharma industry" ?

Anyways, http://noamalgam.com is his website.

burtlancast

skominac said:
I am confused. If you did not find any audio/video content by him, how would you know he uses a "heavy authoritarian style" ? If you read his book, what made you suspect it's the "creation by the pharma industry" ?

Anyways, http://noamalgam.com is his website.

While claiming to have a scientific background, Cutler has shown himself to be to be a disinfo powerhouse against established scientific mercury detoxification protocols.

pg 74:
After amalgam removal, use 50-100 mg DMSA every 4 hours on alternate .weeks for 3 months, then 50-100 mg DMSA + 25-200 mg LA every 3-4 hours for 3-4 days perweek.

The truth is DMSA and ALA should never be used in first instance; both are lipophile and hydrophile at the same time, and have been proven to shift the chelated extracellular mercury back into the cells.
DMSA can be given only after DMPS ( exclusively hydrophile ) has been administered ( for months, sometimes years) and lowered the body burden of mercury .

pg73:
Instruct the patient that dental work will begin in 4-6 weeks if testing confirms that
they have amalgam illness, and that the dosages of supplements, medicines, etc. will be optimized later.

Once the chronic mercury poisoning has been proven, you NEVER rush to take out the amalgams, as removal, even in optimal conditions, always releases mercury vapors that can potentially cripple the poisoned patient.
Chelators must first be used for months in order to bring body's mercury burden down, and only then can one proceed with careful amalgam removal.

pg54:
the "DMPS challenge" is not a legitimate diagnostic test since over half the population will give a positive result but most of them do not appear to have amalgam illness. In addition there is a high incidence of adverse drug reactions during it, including permanent disability and death. It should never be used. DMSA challenge tests that involve the administration of 500mg - 3g of
DMSA as a single dose are also dangerous and not diagnostic. More appropriate challenge tests are described

A big, fat, pack of lies from Mr Cutler.

DMPS urinary challenge is an excellent tool to diagnose chronic mercury poisoning.
First one analyzes normal urine for it's mercury content, then one administers DMPS orally and re-analyzes the newly excreted urine a few hours later. Results in excreted urinary mercury show concentration differences of x 50 to x 1000 folds.
These numbers will progressively decline after chelation has been started; repeating the DMPS provocation test each year informs both patient and doctor on the progresses made.

This DMPS challenge test has been used on 8000 patients by German MD Dr Daunderer, during 15 years of therapy in Germany, starting in 1970, and his results are compiled in an 1988 book called "AMALGAM".
( that's 7999 more patients than Cutler, since he only investigated himself)

The HIGH INCIDENCE OF PERMANENT DISABILITY AND DEATH from DMPS challenge (backed by zero evidence in Cutler's propaganda hit piece) seems to be yet another scare tactic by Big Pharma and it's unoficial ( virtual ?) spokesman.

Feel free to point me to any audio, video, (or picture) of Mr Cutler...

TeslaFan

Cutler exactly advocates reducing body burden for several months, and preferably with DMPS, as well, before starting ALA. Have you read the book? I am not sure what is the context of the quotes you listed.

I see you have a strong opinion against Cutler, with a somewhat emotional response. The number of people who's health improved using Cutler's book is in hundreds of thousands, myself included. There is an online community. I actually used DMPS, and later, DMPS + ALA, and after two years no longer notice any mercury related symptoms. My health is substantially improved and symptoms have been eradicated. I don't think Cutler is right about everything, but his central point -- to detox with respect to pharmacokinetic properties of chemicals involved -- nails it.

I suspect that you have some connections with mercury provocation testing, and Cutler is warning people of the dangers of doing that, especially against injecting it IV, as it can lead to serious mercury re-distribution.
Ray Peat also warns that moving metals around is dangerous:
"The damage produced by moving the metals around could be fairly permanent"

You keep asking for a video or picture of him; if you go to google.com and type Andrew Cutler, you'll find both.

burtlancast

skominac said:
if you go to google.com and type Andrew Cutler, you'll find both.
Well, to my surprise, i did.
4 years ago, i tried to find documentation on his book, published in 1999, but there was nothing on the net. Apparently, it took him 11 years to come out of the woods.

skominac said:
Cutler exactly advocates reducing body burden for several months, and preferably with DMPS, as well, before starting ALA
Would you mind quoting the passage in the book, as i did ? That shouldn't be too difficult, since you're claiming to have read it.

skominac said:
I see you have a strong opinion against Cutler, with somewhat emotional response. You also make some strong authoritative statements, and yet accuse him of doing the same. The number of people who got better using Cutler's book is in hundreds of thousands, myself included. There is an online community, similar to RP community. I used DMPS, and later DMPS + ALA, and after two years no longer notice any mercury related symptoms. I really got better and feel better. I don't think Cutler is right about everything, but his central point -- to detox with respect to pharmacokinetic properties of chemicals involved -- nails it.

I suspect that you have some connections with mercury provocation testing, and Cutler is warning people of the dangers of doing that, as it can lead to serious mercury re-distribution.

You first claim to have followed Cutler's protocol, then admit you didn't.

You're claiming DMPS provocation testing is dangerous, yet i've detailed how unscientific and irresponsible the Cutler protocol is, and how the DMPS test was implemented already in the 70's by licensed doctors, with no rebuttal coming from you.

I suggest you do your homework before posting info on forums susceptible to send people down the wrong path.

TeslaFan

burtlancast said:
Would you mind quoting the passage in the book, as i did ? That shouldn't be too difficult, since you're claiming to have read it.

You are right, that shouldn't be too difficult; it took me about 30 seconds to find it once I opened the book. For example, in the section titled 'What to do about Mercury poisoning' on page 89:

Andrew Cutler said:
In the few months post amalgam removal, you may patiently wait for your fast body pool to drain while taking minimal chelating agents to suppress symptoms, or you may take large amounts of oral DMPS or DMSA to reduce it faster. DMPS is MUCH more effective for this purpose.

on the same page:

Andrew Cutler said:
Several months after amalgam removal, the 'fast' body pools of mercury should be much reduced and it is time to mobilize the 'slow' body pools. This can be done with Lipoic acid,...

on page 90:

Andrew Cutler said:
DMPS and DMSA are used as described above in the early phase of detox to clear the bloodstream of mercury. Once blood mercury has been reduced adequately lipoic acid (LA) is added to remove mercury from internal organs - especially the brain.

..and so on.

I can't believe you did not see this.

Cutler does NOT recommend using Lipoic acid until after body burden has been reduced. He recommends DMPS as the best tool for achieving that. From experience, I can say the same. Taking small (10-15 mg) oral doses of DMPS every 6-8 hours around the clock reduced my symptoms from mercury poisoning to undetectable levels, and with zero side effects. I could think clear and I felt well.
I did this for about 4 months before adding Lipoic acid.

I suggest interested parties to read the whole book and get proper context.

burtlancast said:
You first claim to have followed Cutler's protocol, then admit you didn't.

Where do I "admit" I haven't? I said I spent 2 years on it.

burtlancast said:
You're claiming DMPS provocation testing is dangerous, yet i've detailed how unscientific and irresponsible the Cutler protocol is, and how the DMPS test was implemented already in the 70's by licensed doctors, with no rebuttal coming from you.

I'll let the readers of this forum decide on the quality of your "proof".

To make myself clear, DMPS is probably the best and safest mercury drug out there, if used properly, but wrong use of it, such as provocation testing, is very damaging, which Cutler points out.

I am not selling anything and have no agenda for or against DMPS.
Before someone follows your advice on DMPS provocation testing, I merely suggest they do their own research.
I have pointed out a good resource for research, Andrew Cutler's book.

Not meaning to bust your DMPS provocation business, or whatever other association you have with it, just don't want people to get hurt.

burtlancast said:
I suggest you do your homework before posting info on forums susceptible to send people down the wrong path.

I could not have said it better myself.

burtlancast

The book is online.
Has been for years.

TeslaFan

burtlancast said:
The book is online.
Has been for years.

No need for that. The purchased copy has been my reference book for about 2 years.
I have included relevant quotes related to your earlier question.

burtlancast

skominac said:
in the section titled 'What to do about Mercury poisoning' on page 89:

Andrew Cutler said:
In the few months post amalgam removal, you may patiently wait for your fast body pool to drain while taking minimal chelating agents to suppress symptoms, or you may take large amounts of oral DMPS or DMSA to reduce it faster. DMPS is MUCH more effective for this purpose.

on the same page:

Andrew Cutler said:
Several months after amalgam removal , the 'fast' body pools of mercury should be much reduced and it is time to mobilize the 'slow' body pools. This can be done with Lipoic acid,...

on page 90:

Andrew Cutler said:
DMPS and DMSA are used as described above in the early phase of detox to clear the bloodstream of mercury. Once blood mercury has been reduced adequately lipoic acid (LA) is added to remove mercury from internal organs - especially the brain.

..and so on.

I can't believe you did not see this.

I don't think you understood why Cutler's proposal to start to chelate AFTER amalgam removal is so irresponsable and dangerous.
I've tried (and failed).

skominac said:
Cutler does NOT recommend using Lipoic acid until after body burden has been reduced. He recommends DMPS as the best tool for achieving that.

Chapter "Outline: treatment for mercury tox" ,
pg 76:
After amalgam removal, use 50-100 mg DMSA every 4 hours on alternate .weeks for 3 months, then 50-100 mg DMSA + 25-200 mg LA every 3-4 hours for 3-4 days perweek.

I don't see what i can do more for you.

Or maybe, a recent interview of Cutler, where he contradicts everything you've just said ( including the content in his own book i've reproduced) ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffQvwWoFUWA

skominac said:
Mercury intoxication being a life-threatening situation, I suggest you take your own advice, and stop sending people down the wrong path.

TeslaFan

burtlancast said:
Chapter "Outline: treatment for mercury tox" ,
pg 76:

I don't see what i can do more for you.

You can stop taking sentences out of context. "After" here does not mean immediately after, but after body burden has been reduced. This is very clear from the book, and even from extracted quotes I listed.

burtlancast said:
skominac said:
Mercury intoxication being a life-threatening situation, I suggest you take your own advice, and stop sending people the wrong path.

Which wrong path is that? To read the book?
Why would that be a problem? People on this forum are smart. If the book is full of it they'll know.
Are you afraid that if they read it they may decide not to do DMPS Provocation test?

Makrosky

Sorry for being fussy but the "cognitive dissonance" theory is from Leon Festinger, a social psychologist. And the mechanism that the theory describes works not onlly for life-time issues but in every practical moment of the day as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom