Find a job after being out for around 10 years

FrankMa

Hey,

before 10 years I made quite some money in finance. I stoped working, since then living a quite but decent life.
Now I am forced to find a job again; I am highly qualified in finance but to me that was another life; dont want to go there anymore.

Just thinking about working before a computer makes me wanna puke.
All the other jobs which are available to me like delivering parcels are IMO soul sucking.

I am fit, strong, love to be outside, can resist harsh wheather ( harsh waether even energizes me ).
Any ideas of a job I could do? Preferably outside; dont need to earn tons of money, just make a living for a few years
while not sacrificing my health.

I am in Europe, free to travel, could work anywhere.

Help appreciated

stoic

Do you want to work, or do you just need money?

If the former, look for a way to turn a hobby into a business.

If the latter, look into geographic arbitrage: find a highly paid job in a rich country, live sparingly and invest most of your money wisely, then move to a cheap country or work remotely there.
You will then have enough free time to develop new hobbies, and new ways to make a living.

OP
F

FrankMa

Do you want to work, or do you just need money?

If the former, look for a way to turn a hobby into a business.

If the latter, look into geographic arbitrage: find a highly paid job in a rich country, live sparingly and invest most of your money wisely, then move to a cheap country or work remotely there.
You will then have enough free time to develop new hobbies, and new ways to make a living.
Hey,
I am very sorry, I missed your reply.

I need the money to pay my bills.

I lost 85% of my net worth through FTX and a hack; shame on me.
I still got some money left which I am going to invest in Bitcoin; most likely soon.
I am betting on Bitcoin going up within the next 3-5 years tremendously; till then I need income.....

I often thought about turning a hobby into a business but never found a way.
I like to play chess and work out in the gym, walk a lot like 15-20 km a day but no idea how to make money off of that.
Sure, I could work as a instrcutor in a gym but over here a gym instructor only earns miminal wage.

Geo-arbitrage is good idea; there a 2 countrys in Europe which pay a high salary; Luxembourg and Switzerland.
I was thinking about working there while living in a van.

Thanks for your input

OP
F

FrankMa

Yacht crew?
Landscaping?
Commercial fishing?
Yacht crew sounds like a very good idea; I look into that.
Landscaping? Where are you located; over here you barely earn any money in landscaping.
Commercial fishing; wow, very good idea.

Thanks

L_C

I would suggest joining a utility - either electric, water or gas. I think to be a lineman electrician you still need to have linemean school but it should be pretty easy to join water utility.

OP
F

FrankMa

I would suggest joining a utility - either electric, water or gas. I think to be a lineman electrician you still need to have linemean school but it should be pretty easy to join water utility.
Thanks for your reply.
Very good idea.

I already looked into it.
Unfortunately in my country you need certifications to work as a water lineman.
I am researching now other countrys in Europe.

Thanks

Mister

Work a part time job, anything, so you can pay your bills. And use your other time to start a business.

LLight

I am betting on Bitcoin going up within the next 3-5 years tremendously; till then I need income.....
IMHO, this is a risky bet. There is a chance it won't end well as central banks want to make their own digital currencies.

OP
F

FrankMa

IMHO, this is a risky bet. There is a chance it won't end well as central banks want to make their own digital currencies.
I agree; it is a risky bet but I believe in the project and its values.
All other form of money is not really yours; it is more that you are granted exclusive usage rigths by the government
as long as you behave well.....

Mister

I lost 85% of my net worth through FTX and a hack; shame on me.
I still got some money left which I am going to invest in Bitcoin; most likely soon.
Bro, you're a gambler. Atleast work with stops and have a good risk management strategy now.

Also have this in mind:

afbeelding.png

LLight

All other form of money is not really yours; it is more that you are granted exclusive usage rigths by the government
as long as you behave well.....
Yeah, not investing in crypto will not save us from these tyrannical governments.

stoic

Geo-arbitrage is good idea; there a 2 countrys in Europe which pay a high salary; Luxembourg and Switzerland.
I was thinking about working there while living in a van.

Thanks for your input
I know Switzerland well – you certainly wouldn't need to live in a van there, as with a bit of effort, even a basic salary would allow you to spare around 1000-2000 euros per month (speaking from experience). Just avoid the big cities, with their high rent prices and ubiquitous spending tentations. Living on the border is a possibility, but can be very stressful. Instead, moving to the countryside will bring you money and a peatier lifestyle.

OP
F

FrankMa

Bro, you're a gambler. Atleast work with stops and have a good risk management strategy now.

Also have this in mind:

afbeelding.png
I haven't lost the money because of my investment style but through FTX stealing costumer funds and one of my software wallets being compromised. Besides that I was doing fine.

Assuming the bottom in Bitcoin ist in or we are close to it a 5-10x return on one's investment is possible withing 3-5 years, at least it has been so before.

OP
F

FrankMa

I know Switzerland well – you certainly wouldn't need to live in a van there, as with a bit of effort, even a basic salary would allow you to spare around 1000-2000 euros per month (speaking from experience). Just avoid the big cities, with their high rent prices and ubiquitous spending tentations. Living on the border is a possibility, but can be very stressful. Instead, moving to the countryside will bring you money and a peatier lifestyle.
Where have you been living in Switzerland and what was you working?

stoic

Where have you been living in Switzerland and what was you working?
I don't want to share any personal information, sorry. What I can assure you is that the vast majority of jobs are paid well enough for a sensible person to be able to easily save money. And with languages and a finance background, you could possibly find a qualified job and spare several thousands per months. Your main obstacle would be the fact that most jobs require relevant diplomas, but unemployment is very low overall, and a good amount of social and presentation skills with some cultural understanding and sensitivity can get you a long way.

OP
F

FrankMa

I don't want to share any personal information, sorry. What I can assure you is that the vast majority of jobs are paid well enough for a sensible person to be able to easily save money. And with languages and a finance background, you could possibly find a qualified job and spare several thousands per months. Your main obstacle would be the fact that most jobs require relevant diplomas, but unemployment is very low overall, and a good amount of social and presentation skills with some cultural understanding and sensitivity can get you a long way.
I absolutely understand that you don`t want to share personal information.
Thank you for your input, very helpful

unanimous

Hey,

before 10 years I made quite some money in finance. I stoped working, since then living a quite but decent life.
Now I am forced to find a job again; I am highly qualified in finance but to me that was another life; dont want to go there anymore.

Just thinking about working before a computer makes me wanna puke.
All the other jobs which are available to me like delivering parcels are IMO soul sucking.

I am fit, strong, love to be outside, can resist harsh wheather ( harsh waether even energizes me ).
Any ideas of a job I could do? Preferably outside; dont need to earn tons of money, just make a living for a few years
while not sacrificing my health.

I am in Europe, free to travel, could work anywhere.

Help appreciated
use ur financial knowledge and make some kind of web buissness, partion ur money and budget correctly + move to thailand for high qol, sunny beaches, penthouse for low laughably low cost and access to sex whenever you want. seriously its that easy with marketable skills and access to the internet

OP
F

FrankMa

Thanks for your reply.
I was thinking about it but I am not sure if I can do it; I am more the analytical type than one who is good in promiting himself.
Besides that, Thailland sounds great.

Are you living there,marketing online?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals