Fixing a leaky gut/bacterial overgrowth, anything to speed up gut repair?

dlind70

Do not skip breakfast. Many people with poor bowel function and gut function are always skipping meals or eating irregularly. Almonds have the best bang for buck prebiotic and fiber and eat them with vitamin c fruit for movement.

HeyThere

"Fixing a leaky gut/bacterial overgrowth, anything to speed up gut repair?"

NAC.

So since being hypo all my life, and clearly having leaky gut since a child, I am now getting better with Peaty diet + iodine, garlic as anti-microbials. But is there anything that would speed up the repair of the gut lining? And since iodine kills most of everything in the gut, what foods would give some "good" bacteria to replace the old bad ones? Sauerkraut, kefir?

I already am grain free, low starch, very low pufa, high fruit, milk, collagen, seafood, etc.
1701540455492.jpeg

I thought milk has inflammtory components no? How about organic milk? Yeah when i took progesterone injections my leaky gut was cleared and my sexual related symptoms were improving!
I haven’t heard milk to be inflammatory, per se, but some people seem to not tolerate it well, mostly I think from the pasteurization killing off the digestive enzymes in it. My raw milk makes me feel fantastic.

“Copper improves your digestive system.​

Copper helps stimulate peristalsis, the contraction and relaxation of stomach muscles, which moves waste products (feces) through the intestines and out of the body. Copper also helps kill harmful inflammation-causing bacteria in the gut, possibly improving ulcers, indigestion, and infections. A healthy gut is important in order for the body to absorb proper nutrients.

According to ancient Indian Ayurvedic teachings, drinking water stored in copper vessels (such as a copper water bottle or a copper water cup) first thing in the morning on an empty stomach detoxifies and cleanses your digestive system.

That being said, too much copper can damage your “good” intestinal bacteria and cause diarrhea.”

View: https://medium.com/@Rdy2Trvl/copper-cup-benefits-15-reasons-to-safely-drink-copper-473927b51f40#:~:text=Copper%20kills%20bacteria.&text=aureus%20%E2%80%94%20two%20common%20bacteria%20that,diarrhea%20from%20drinking%20bad%20water

HeyThere

“Copper improves your digestive system.​

Copper helps stimulate peristalsis, the contraction and relaxation of stomach muscles, which moves waste products (feces) through the intestines and out of the body. Copper also helps kill harmful inflammation-causing bacteria in the gut, possibly improving ulcers, indigestion, and infections. A healthy gut is important in order for the body to absorb proper nutrients.

According to ancient Indian Ayurvedic teachings, drinking water stored in copper vessels (such as a copper water bottle or a copper water cup) first thing in the morning on an empty stomach detoxifies and cleanses your digestive system.

That being said, too much copper can damage your “good” intestinal bacteria and cause diarrhea.”

View: https://medium.com/@Rdy2Trvl/copper-cup-benefits-15-reasons-to-safely-drink-copper-473927b51f40#:~:text=Copper%20kills%20bacteria.&text=aureus%20%E2%80%94%20two%20common%20bacteria%20that,diarrhea%20from%20drinking%20bad%20water

I was about to buy a copper cup once and read too many reviews of the water turning the cup black inside after just hours of sitting in it. Any clues?

I was about to buy a copper cup once and read too many reviews of the water turning the cup black inside after just hours of sitting in it. Any clues?
Pollution and oxygen seems to be the reason. I am puting filtered water in mine, just wanting the copper. I just started experimenting with it today. I put the filtered water in at at 12:30 this afternoon and eight hours later mine water is still clear, and it tastes fine too…

“Copper being called a noble metal is a misnomer. It is true that in a test tube or an atmosphere free of pollutants, copper does not react with water.

However, in an atmosphere filled with pollutants, copper reacts slowly with water to form a layer of complex copper salts through a process called copper corrosion.“

1702010738795.jpeg

HeyThere

Pollution and oxygen seems to be the reason. I am puting filtered water in mine, just wanting the copper. I just started experimenting with it today. I put the filtered water in at at 12:30 this afternoon and eight hours later mine water is still clear, and it tastes fine too…

“Copper being called a noble metal is a misnomer. It is true that in a test tube or an atmosphere free of pollutants, copper does not react with water.

However, in an atmosphere filled with pollutants, copper reacts slowly with water to form a layer of complex copper salts through a process called copper corrosion.“

View attachment 59151

I use a water distiller so I have pure water, but it might pull out too much copper then.

I use a water distiller so I have pure water, but it might pull out too much copper then.
Distilled might do that. I just sipped on mine in the evening yesterday, and I will continue trying this, in lieu of eating liver, this past six months or so.

HeyThere

Distilled might do that. I just sipped on mine in the evening yesterday, and I will continue trying this, in lieu of eating liver, this past six months or so.

Any brand you trust on mugs? I tried amazon and a lot of it is cheap chin junk that isn't even pure copper, some just lined, etc. Bad reviews and fake 5* reviews. Cesspool of blah.

Any brand you trust on mugs? I tried amazon and a lot of it is cheap chin junk that isn't even pure copper, some just lined, etc. Bad reviews and fake 5* reviews. Cesspool of blah.
I’m glad you asked that question, because I looked up my two mugs and the one I used yesterday, by OGGI might not have copper on the inside, and my other by Godinger I am not sure. I have this one from India that might be a better source for copper to make copper water.

1702061851168.jpeg

1702061882514.jpeg

HeyThere

I’m glad you asked that question, because I looked up my two mugs and the one I used yesterday, by OGGI might not have copper on the inside, and my other by Godinger I am not sure. I have this one from India that might be a better source for copper to make copper water.

View attachment 59188
View attachment 59189

Yes. TBH, I asked because I saw the inside of yours was silver rather than all copper! Copper isn't cheap either, so I know it will cost to get all copper. But then back to the black residue issue. Will research further tonight myself.

Yes. TBH, I asked because I saw the inside of yours was silver rather than all copper! Copper isn't cheap either, so I know it will cost to get all copper. But then back to the black residue issue. Will research further tonight myself.
I put water inside of my copper pitcher yesterday, which is 100% copper, and this morning it is still clear.

1702138078059.jpeg

Attachments

• 7E0D12B3-87AA-4406-8B23-476791B57147.png
    7E0D12B3-87AA-4406-8B23-476791B57147.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 6
  • D1ACFB39-A418-4777-AA01-B57FBBE8D000.png
    D1ACFB39-A418-4777-AA01-B57FBBE8D000.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 7

HeyThere

Thank you!
I put water inside of my copper pitcher yesterday, which is 100% copper, and this morning it is still clear.

View attachment 59219

Just found this. I swear they are ALL lined or just coated. This one looks to be SOLID copper. Might go for it for a Xmas gift to myself ;)

As a side note: Geez, couldn't we just go to home depot and buy a copper pipe and let it sit in a glass of water for an hour?

Amazon product ASIN B098TWCKQ1View: https://www.amazon.com/DEDE-Copper-Handcrafted-Drinking-Beverages/dp/B098TWCKQ1/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=aEQzV&content-id=amzn1.sym.add701ed-2d82-4af9-b095-43fa71d1fb4e%3Aamzn1.symc.0be80b80-fece-46bc-88bd-c8e6394f049e&pf_rd_p=add701ed-2d82-4af9-b095-43fa71d1fb4e&pf_rd_r=NHJ5KF7YDHZTHQ49TBEP&pd_rd_wg=5FHK8&pd_rd_r=840474ac-93db-477b-b51d-b6e3b8ada20e&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m&th=1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals