I think I may have finally fixed my digestion

PeskyPeater

so if you get a negative gut response to high sugar intake it probably means you have significant bacteria or fungus in the small intestine as even quick exposure is enough to feed a decent amount of it, (or not fast enough sugar digestion there for some reason?)
yes, the ***t has hit the fan.

Sometimes the gut lining can be damaged and the enzymes needed to digest reduced. Focusing on sleep, thyroid function and autophagy helps to recover. Vitamin E increases autophagy [of intestinal cells].

Keeping the transit rate high is a basic requirement while dealing with SIFO and SIBO while avoiding starch, FODMAPS and soluble fibers.
Peristalsis is governed by thyroid and by adding bulk.
Using bulk like wheat bran or bamboo shoots or carrot salad with coconut oil.
Milk and greek yogurt are antibacterial and improve the gut mucus layer.
Terbinafine is pretty good against fungus like candida

SamYo123

yes, the ***t has hit the fan.

Sometimes the gut lining can be damaged and the enzymes needed to digest reduced. Focusing on sleep, thyroid function and autophagy helps to recover. Vitamin E increases autophagy [of intestinal cells].

Keeping the transit rate high is a basic requirement while dealing with SIFO and SIBO while avoiding starch, FODMAPS and soluble fibers.
Peristalsis is governed by thyroid and by adding bulk.
Using bulk like wheat bran or bamboo shoots or carrot salad with coconut oil.
Milk and greek yogurt are antibacterial and improve the gut mucus layer.
Terbinafine is pretty good against fungus like candida
insoluble doesn't bulk

soluble does

explain that

PeskyPeater

thanks. annoyingly trying to kill bacteria often causes fungal overgrowth in its place (common with antibiotics). and on the other side fungus doesn't mind acidic environment & trying to kill it with sulfur stuff can help bacteria grow as it utilizes sulfur. might try the shredded carrots talked about here but not sure how big of an effect they can have
Yeah that sucks, like mopping the floor while the faucet is running.
insoluble doesn't bulk

soluble does

explain that
With bulk I mean stuff that somewhat expands into the walls of the intestines and so stimulates the muscles for peristalsis

SamYo123

Yeah that sucks, like mopping the floor while the faucet is running.

With bulk I mean stuff that somewhat expands into the walls of the intestines and so stimulates the muscles for peristalsis
Carrot salad doesnt do that for me Ive taken a poop in 2 n half days of taking carrot salad

PeskyPeater

Carrot salad doesnt do that for me Ive taken a poop in 2 n half days of taking carrot salad
In that case, I think the transit rate of the colon in particular needs to be addressed by optimizing thyroid and using cascara to stimulate the peristalsis.
Do you experience better gut motility with soluble fibers instead?

SamYo123

In that case, I think the transit rate of the colon in particular needs to be addressed by optimizing thyroid and using cascara to stimulate the peristalsis.

100% yes

Optimizing thyroid and using cascara never works

PeskyPeater

100% yes

Optimizing thyroid and using cascara never works
I think this indicates that soluble fiber is fermented into SCFA that increase serotonin which is driving your motility. May be the result of shifted gut microbiome.

SamYo123

I think this indicates that soluble fiber is fermented into SCFA that increase serotonin which is driving your motility. May be the result of shifted gut microbiome.

Ok so why do most people here start to report they poop better with the oat bran then before?

If I am to shift the gut microbiome away from SCFAs how do you go about that?

PeskyPeater

Ok so why do most people here start to report they poop better with the oat bran then before?

oatbrans effect on the microbiome is somewhat similar to cereals, increasing SCFA more so than bamboo shoots and wheatbran or isolated algae beta glucan

SamYo123

When i think of it I do feel more high T /liveley without the oatbran.. I use to eat jam butter n toast in the morning and vegs for dinners by evening, Im thinking majority of it was insoluable fiber.. brocci, calufliower, peas, potatoes... cooked carrots... I was sh***ing 1-2 a day then....

SamYo123

oatbrans effect on the microbiome is somewhat similar to cereals, increasing SCFA more so than bamboo shoots and wheatbran or isolated algae beta glucan
So how do you shift it so that insoluble fiber makes you poo great again?

PeskyPeater

When there is an overgrowth of certain microbes you must prevent feeding them fermentable things, while keeping the motility up with wheatbran and introduce antibiotics in the colon like certain strains of bacterial spores that kill others, like B. Coagulans and B. Subtilis.

PeskyPeater

When i think of it I do feel more high T /liveley without the oatbran.. I use to eat jam butter n toast in the morning and vegs for dinners by evening, Im thinking majority of it was insoluable fiber.. brocci, calufliower, peas, potatoes... cooked carrots... I was sh***ing 1-2 a day then....
yes, seems the addition of cellulose from the vegetables can increase transit rate and reduce inflammation

PeskyPeater

But because the fiber is insoluable they dont feed SCFAS and therefore serotonin?
yes

"The physicochemical characteristics of fibers include fermentability, solubility, and viscosity, and these properties influence not only fermentation, but also the therapeutic effects of consumption.27
Insoluble fibers, such as cellulose, are generally poorly fermented by gut microbes, but their presence in the diet increases gut transit rate and thus reduces the amount of time available for colonic bacterial fermentation of non-digested foodstuff.31 "

SamYo123

yes

"The physicochemical characteristics of fibers include fermentability, solubility, and viscosity, and these properties influence not only fermentation, but also the therapeutic effects of consumption.27
Insoluble fibers, such as cellulose, are generally poorly fermented by gut microbes, but their presence in the diet increases gut transit rate and thus reduces the amount of time available for colonic bacterial fermentation of non-digested foodstuff.31 "
Ok.. so why has peat recently suggested oat bran if it increases everyones serotonin?

cs3000

another option for treating SIBO is conjugated bile acids
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0270913903000417

test group levels of bacteria in the ileum were 6 times higher compared to healthy controls. 2 weeks of the exogenous bile acids basically restored ileal bacteria levels to control levels. and interestingly also increased bile acid secretion. i'd imagine it would help with fungus simultaneously too

"In conclusion, the administration of conjugated bile acids to ascitic cirrhotic rats increased bile acid secretion, eliminated intestinal bacterial overgrowth, decreased bacterial translocation, decreased endotoxemia, and increased survival."

~600mg 700mg human dose per day

that's an insightful study because intuitively you'd think natural bile production would lower when you introduce exogenous bile acid. but actually that shows it increased natural secretion too. in both healthy controls and cirrhotic group. (glycocholic acid is other name for cholylglycine, and sarcocholic acid)

bile acid icnreased secretion and normalises bacteria in ileum 2 weeks.png

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

Ok.. so why has peat recently suggested oat bran if it increases everyones serotonin?
well, that is a crude way of putting it. I can only speculate that it's oke enough fiber to eat because it is partially indigestible like carrot fiber and that helps to reduce re-absorption of oestrogen I suppose. But he also warned about it, in the long run may cause colon cancer, probably by the overlapping effects of the resulting SCFA and some serotonin from the part that is fermented.
Hey also mentioned wheat bran being better but probably skipped it for the gluten allergens.

SamYo123

well, that is a crude way of putting it. I can only speculate that it's oke enough fiber to eat because it is partially indigestible like carrot fiber and that helps to reduce re-absorption of oestrogen I suppose. But he also warned about it, in the long run may cause colon cancer, probably by the overlapping effects of the resulting SCFA and some serotonin from the part that is fermented.
Hey also mentioned wheat bran being better but probably skipped it for the gluten allergens.
i just took a poo but it was poo nuggets.. no bulk... This is what happens when i drink milk

this was with carrot salad, and no oat bran...

I have been eating bread though (wheat)

PeskyPeater

i just took a poo but it was poo nuggets.. no bulk... This is what happens when i drink milk

this was with carrot salad, and no oat bran...

I have been eating bread though (wheat)

I wouldn't eat any other kind of bread than sourdough. But even the most nutritious bread, sourdough, has potentially problematic amounts of resistant starch that is not helpful with IBS and increases bloating. Feeding the microbes produces SCFA, lowering pH that may prevent bacterial overgrowth, but does not change the microbiome composition much. Although the wheatbran is good fiber, the additional resistant starches only slightly shortened transit times, thus is not as effective in preventing colon cancer as just using the wheat bran by itself. A plus is that the degraded phytates make the minerals available and the degraded gluten prevent further inflammation in the case of leaky gut and IBS.

I think the poo nuggets indicate that your guts transit rate is not yet fast enough. What works better for me is to first process the milk by cooking it and adding it to mashed potatoes, it changes some of the milks protein structures I guess that makes it more tolerable and produces less mucus in my airways. This is especially true for A1 milk. But A2 milk or goat milk gives me less problems, just like greek yoghurt and cheese.

Adding cooked wheatbran to greek yogurt seems to me the best way to increase gut transit rate. And is not so annoying as eating carrot between meals.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals