Low Toxin Lifestyle Freckles

cfeehan

Forum Supporter
Hi All,

I am SO incredibly pleased to be able to get this very important information about the Low Vit A / Low Toxin research and lifestyle. I've been following Peat principles for YEARS on and off, with several things getting noticeably worse for me. Over the last year, I've had several "enough is enough" moments and started cutting out things that were the most troublesome: Cut dairy last August and dropped most fructose in the Fall. Just walking away from those two things has had some nice benefits. I'm now working on cutting out coffee (down to 1/7th strength). And, of course, I dumped out all the Vit D, Vit E, Vit A, and Niacinamide supps right into the trash - that felt very powerful.

My question has to do with freckled skin, which I've had since I was a child. I have reddish brown hair, light skin and gray eyes (half English / half Irish, moved to US as a child). I know all the normal explanations for freckles but now with the Vit A / toxin theory fresh in my mind, I'm curious if these little brown spots could be trapped Vit A or Iron (or both?). Any insight you can share?

I've been casually making a list of life experiences that could have contributed to Vit A / Copper excess. So far I'm up to:

Born with crossed eye, corrected with surgery at age 8
(Some say) after eye surgeries, they put vitamin A gel in the eyes for healing
Teeth problems
Skin problems / prone to acne; reddish complexion
Milk, vitamin a fortified
Flours, vitamin a fortified
Kid diet - King Vitamin cereal
Kid diet - Flintstones vitamins
Copper - wore a Dogwood ring which came from State Capital roof
Bought a freezerful of chicken livers and made pate which I ate regularly
Weston A Price Chapter Leader
Cod Liver Oil - added this at multiple times in my life
Copper / Lead pipes most likely present in old buildings and houses
Supplemented Vit A
Supplemented with dried liver / organs
Vitamin A in multivitamins
Copper in multivitamins
Ate a lot of nuts
Ate a lot of carrots
Ate a lot of cabbage (crockpot soup)
Ate a lot of brussel sprouts
Ate a lot of chili (tomatoes, chilli powder, spices)
Ate a lot of turmeric
Ate a lot of dairy
Birth control pills
Have been vegetarian / vegan for a period of time
English families tend to eat a lot of organ meats so mother could have been toxic when born
Ate fish and shrimp; oysters are high in copper
Chocolate - high in copper
When I scar, they heal with bumpy ridges (one from hand, one from knee - seems better now)
Tendency towards ADHD
Used Vit D supplements for many years
Used Vit E supplements for many years
I would feel very weird when eating canned pumpkin

Richiebogie

Let us know if your freckles disappear after going low vitamin A for a while!

Dr Garrett Smith recommends low vitamin A, low fructose, low fat and high protein. I see you are doing the first 2!

RealNeat

Its PUFA and metals, are you obese? Going super low PUFA and addressing heavy metal issues in a hair mineral analysis like Andrew Cutler does may help (just reading your diet over the years heavy metals are likely a major culprit). Making sure B vitamins are on point will also help, as sun exposure is a major stress on nutrients. Riboflavin likely at least doubles in requirement after sun exposure. Potassium also gets depleted with sun. Ripe fresh fruit is the sensible solution, like those found in the most tropical sunny areas of the world. The "low toxin/ anti vA" stance on fruit is total reductionist nonsense.

peter88

Dr Garrett Smith recommends low vitamin A, low fructose, low fat and high protein. I see you are doing the first 2!
Is there a reason other than avoiding vitamin a he that he recommends low fat? Certain fats that are high in steric acid are good for stimulating bile acids which I figured he’d be in support of.

InChristAlone

Its PUFA and metals, are you obese? Going super low PUFA and addressing heavy metal issues in a hair mineral analysis like Andrew Cutler does may help (just reading your diet over the years heavy metals are likely a major culprit). Making sure B vitamins are on point will also help, as sun exposure is a major stress on nutrients. Riboflavin likely at least doubles in requirement after sun exposure. Potassium also gets depleted with sun. Ripe fresh fruit is the sensible solution, like those found in the most tropical sunny areas of the world. The "low toxin/ anti vA" stance on fruit is total reductionist nonsense.
Are you making a claim ripe tropical fruit solves heavy metals and PUFA?

InChristAlone

no no, as a source of B vitamins and potassium
Ok. Just making sure because I still have lots of freckles after over a decade of OJ.

RealNeat

Ok. Just making sure because I still have lots of freckles after over a decade of OJ.
Have you tried eugenol (clove) and aspirin combo +magnesium? Aspirin / eugenol can remove lipofuscin from cells - NMDA Receptor Antagonists Degrade Lipofuscin via Autophagy in Human Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells ? Other things to try are fasting or dry fasting, (to the extent that its not chronic and doesn't tank metabolism) Also mitosis helps eliminate lipofuscin (part of the reason fasting works) so Urolithin A is something to look into.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBIc0v-4Nf0

"I'm aware that my anecdotal evidence is not necessarily super important, but I wanted to share that in the last 2 years I have radically cut out all PUFA, increased my sun exposure, and I have gone through almost three bottles of Idealabs' Mitolipin.

The freckles and sun spots that I used to have prominently all over the tops of my hands and arms are completely gone! I've just noticed this in the last couple months and prior to this I thought I was just imagining it. These are freckles that I've had for 15 to 20 years. I never use sunscreen and I go to tanning salons and I was also in Hawaii for several weeks in February..." - @LadyRae

Last edited:

Deadpool

I always thought it was dysfunctional copper metabolism. People in pyroluria group often have that but it doesnt get fixed.

I have it too and I know for a fact my iron and copper metabolism has been messed up since birth.

Richiebogie

Is there a reason other than avoiding vitamin a he that he recommends low fat? Certain fats that are high in steric acid are good for stimulating bile acids which I figured he’d be in support of.
As vitamin A is fat soluble, the fat helps you absorb retinol and carotenoids you have eaten into your bloodstream.

Dietary fat also helps to reabsorb the vitamin A and other fat soluble toxins in your bile. The liver dumps these poisons in the bile, so best to consume a little soluble fibre at each meal to carry it out the back door! 🚪

It would be interesting to measure the amount of vitamin A in a typical bowel movement. If it exceeds the amount of vitamin A you eat then you are detoxing!

OP
C

cfeehan

Forum Supporter

Yes, I'll watch and report back on any Freckle Findings as I continue to implement the low Vitamin A lifestyle.

And thanks (other folks) for the thoughts on metals / copper. I saw the other thread that talked about using your Serum Zinc, Serum Copper and Ceruloplasmin to calculate your Non-Ceruloplasmin-Bound Copper percentage, so will work on getting that done.

I found the Ray Peat materials around 2009, I think. So most of the worst of my PUFAs consumption was prior to that. I may still be working through some storage issues, of course, but I haven't been adding much more PUFAs for a good chunk of years.

I just mixed up Charlie's recipe for Mag-Pot spray this evening. Looking forward to getting that going. And I do supplement with zinc already.

I've been trying the 'beef and beans' version of a low-vitamin A diet, with a little bit of rice here and there (rice shoots up my blood sugar - I'm not diabetic but I test glucose regularly to see what effects foods have on me). Even with long soaking times for beans and pressure cooking, i'm getting quite a lot of gas effects. I hope it's a transitional thing and I'll get through it because I am LOVING the simplicity and feeling of fullness after meals. Before, with all the sugars and fruits, I was just constantly hungry.

RealNeat

Yes, I'll watch and report back on any Freckle Findings as I continue to implement the low Vitamin A lifestyle.

And thanks (other folks) for the thoughts on metals / copper. I saw the other thread that talked about using your Serum Zinc, Serum Copper and Ceruloplasmin to calculate your Non-Ceruloplasmin-Bound Copper percentage, so will work on getting that done.

I found the Ray Peat materials around 2009, I think. So most of the worst of my PUFAs consumption was prior to that. I may still be working through some storage issues, of course, but I haven't been adding much more PUFAs for a good chunk of years.

I just mixed up Charlie's recipe for Mag-Pot spray this evening. Looking forward to getting that going. And I do supplement with zinc already.

I've been trying the 'beef and beans' version of a low-vitamin A diet, with a little bit of rice here and there (rice shoots up my blood sugar - I'm not diabetic but I test glucose regularly to see what effects foods have on me). Even with long soaking times for beans and pressure cooking, i'm getting quite a lot of gas effects. I hope it's a transitional thing and I'll get through it because I am LOVING the simplicity and feeling of fullness after meals. Before, with all the sugars and fruits, I was just constantly hungry.
Using kombu in the cooking water should help with gas until your gut microbiome adjusts, for better or worse.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals