Low Toxin Diet Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

mattmm24

My concern exactly .

Those considering dairy at least need to find an answer to whether vitamin a food tests are capable of detecting casein bound retinol. For instance yogurt manufacturers are not doing in house vitamin a testing, so they probably use the same companies and procedures as what determines the generic data.

It's even possible that vitamin a is less of a problem than other components of dairy. I am not saying this, however in principle plenty of people correct issues just by dairy elimination.
Yea dairy isn't good now a days. For me personally to get calcium in my diet, which is much needed now a days, I take Calcium Oratate. It's the best absorbed calcium you can get basically.

Jabuger

Is alcohol as toxic as retinol. It seems they go down similar pathways.

If so then why can a person consume multiple grams of alcohol and recover from it yet the body has trouble processing a couple hundred micro-grams of retinol?
what is the explanation.

- is it because the retinol is fat soluble?
- is it because the alcohol gets utilised as energy?

I assume these are the answers. The question is that if the body were so desperate to get rid of VA then why doesn't it just do so when there are clearly enough ADH and ALDH enzymes to metabolise it in an instant (which is what Smith focusses so heavily on)...

mattmm24

how much are you usually taking?
Not much right now. Literally 90 mg and 45 mg of magnesium oratate. It’s extremely strong. Typically other calcium supplements make me feel like crap. But this type is absorbed into the cell. I have had so much energy lately it’s incredible. It’s almost overwhelming in a good way. Peat is definitely correct about calcium. Plus without getting good quality calcium you absorb a ton of heavy metals. Cadmium, lead, arsenic, etc.

youngsinatra

Retinoic acid needed for ceruloplasmin to help deal with copper?

Given its seemingly toxic effects and Grant showing no ill effects, what are they not seeing/misinterpreting?

The body needs plenty of FAD/NAD for retinal (and aldehyde) dehydrogenases to turn retinol into active retinoic acid.

Retinal dehydrogenase can be inhibited by ethanol and antihistamines if I remember correctly. Low NAD levels likely too.

pubh12

Forum Supporter

The body needs plenty of FAD/NAD for retinal (and aldehyde) dehydrogenases to turn retinol into active retinoic acid.

Retinal dehydrogenase can be inhibited by ethanol and antihistamines if I remember correctly. Low NAD levels likely too.
I take a bunch of antihistamines every day. This could be preventing me detoxing vitamin A ?

youngsinatra

Ethanol uses up NAD+ for metabolizing it.
NAD+ depletion causes liver damage.

Retinol also uses up NAD+ for metabolizing it.
NAD depletion causes liver damage too?

Maybe someone with vitamin A toxicity (because of long-term high intake) and an alcoholic have a similar physiology?

Apple

- @ggenereux2014, could you measure your body's typical temperature? If you are at 98.5 F (37 C) or so, I would think you have a healthy metabolism typical of people in North America before World War II.
- It's usually about 36.5 C

Dr. B

Ethanol uses up NAD+ for metabolizing it.
NAD+ depletion causes liver damage.

Retinol also uses up NAD+ for metabolizing it.
NAD depletion causes liver damage too?

Maybe someone with vitamin A toxicity (because of long-term high intake) and an alcoholic have a similar physiology?

How can we boost NAD+ other than supplementing niacinamide? I don’t know about other forms like niacin, nicotinamide riboside, but using 500mg niacinamide daily from a very high end brand (thorne) you eventually run into issues it causes hair loss, water retention and pimples. I dont think its related to methyl depletion alone. Its just a super high dose that im thinking eventually causes issues.

youngsinatra

How can we boost NAD+ other than supplementing niacinamide? I don’t know about other forms like niacin, nicotinamide riboside, but using 500mg niacinamide daily from a very high end brand (thorne) you eventually run into issues it causes hair loss, water retention and pimples. I dont think its related to methyl depletion alone. Its just a super high dose that im thinking eventually causes issues.

View: https://youtu.be/RmiQ0fb_Fug?si=jLWV0esTEwFAfcJ8

Peater

Not worth a new thread but I've still been clearing stuff out of my nose since posting about an ongoing cold type illness. Just posting for interest really.

I read/heard somewhere, I think from Garrett Smith but not sure that VA is what gives snot its colour.

Today I was at a customers house and I bent down to get something and three or four liquid drops came out of my nose that were the most vivid orange hue I've ever seen come out of a body. Whatever you're imagining right now, it was more than that. It looked like dye.

It could be a sinus infection however I have no pain at all. Just a 'productive' nose. Which, every other time is just normal, clear-ish, maybe a hint of the usual colours.

Mercifully, the awful brain fog with strange vertigo type feeling seems to have faded.

mosaic01

Milk can have up to 1mg of retinol per liter:

1714510411077.png

Found this in "Advanced Dairy Chemistry, Volume 3: Lactose, Water, Salts and Minor Constituents", fourth edition:

"The retinol, carotene, and total vitamin A content (as retinol equivalents) for bovine and human milk from the British National Food Composition Dataset is shown in Table 10.1. The mean content of vitamin A and β-carotene in cow’s milk is 40 μg/100 g (range 10–100) and 20 μg (range 3–50), respectively.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals