Have you noticed that carbs are the most difficult macro to consume?

Herbie

After reading on here and my own experience I have found that its very simple and easy to obtain protein in the form of fresh beef or lamb and gelatinous cuts, high quality pure milks, easy to get skim un-homogenised, pure gelatine powder. I have found it easy to get very high quality pure butter, cream, beef tallow, refined coconut oil but getting carbs is not easy...

Cane sugar: pure but no nutrition and limited use

Lactose: good but comes with a lot of liquid and not everyone can digest it nicely

Fruit: poor soil and pesticides, seasonal, poor quality, expensive, limited range for tropical

Fruit juice: great when the fruit is in peak season but many have citric, ascorbic acid, other things added which are not good, so the options become limited

Dry fruit: allergenic, sulphites and PUFA added

Potatoes: not fresh, diseased, pesticides, digestive issues, time to prepare

Corn: good if in Mexico otherwise limed not available

Rice: no nutrition and questions about heavy metals, Cereal is fortified

Wheat: many issues here

Sour dough: is good but phosphorous and fortified often

Grains: in general are difficult to digest or create problems with bacteria, have anti thyroid substances

Candy: has been adulterated with chemicals which are allergenic or even toxic

Potato chips/crips: fried in pufa oils, never seen any in beef tallow unfortunately

Ice cream: All have gums/carrageen except Haagen Dazs.

This has been a challenge for me and I seem to rotate many things because I cannot handle them for long periods, the food supply is terrible. This problem is holding us back so much, we need pure energy supply but its always a double edged sword because we get it but then we have endotoxin problems, inflammation. I guess its ok if you sit at home all day and work a few hours from there and make different things but if your working class then it becomes a stress to get good food. So ridiculous that the government made all cereals fortified with iron, we are not free and totally controlled, so stupid. Society and culture is killing everyone, can't even participate in it without ending up with cancer.

Take me back to when Oreo's were made with coconut oil and McDonalds fries were made in beef tallow.

Maple syrup is pretty awesome IMO :):, wish it was a bit cheaper though.

Yeah with pancakes lol

Ps Ray said its allergenic but this goes for any brown sugar syrups or brown sugar.
Yeah, it's my main sugar source, much better than table sugar, its taste is so subtle it can be added to many things, love it in coffee with medjool dates as a side, yum.

dukesbobby777

I agree with the OPs post. Carbs are by far the most problematic macronutrient. The most ideal way of bypassing much of the problems with carb sources is by adding pure sugar to a milk that’s tolerated. If tolerated, then drinking two/three quarts per day to make up the bulk of daily calories. You can then rely on the minerals/vitamins in the milk to process the added sugar. But that depends on the ability to digest the milk in the first place. So takes you back to step one if that’s the problem.

keytothecity

all you need is 1 good source of fructose in winter.
I am getting fresh local fruit in season and glass canned eco apple sauce without added sugar in off season (apfelmark @dm for germans). Its like 1.50€ for 750 grams.

now if you want to eat all the other carbs things are getting more complicated, sure. im keeping it simple with fruit, apple sauce and hägen dasz when I crave it

Nomane Euger

whats your opinion on organic raw honey cristalline one such as acacia honey?

Mito

Ice cream: All have gums/carrageen except Haagen Daz

Blue Bunny Vanilla Bean
Ingredients
Milk, Cream, Skim Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks, Natural Flavors (with Vanilla Extract), Vanilla Bean Specks.

gaze

I agree with this. there's times i'm really craving carbs, but all of them tend to have a net negative effect on how i feel after. OJ is usually the best at feeling like a net positive food, and Uncle matt's OJ is by far the best OJ i've found, and they told me over email they don't add citric acid.

I agree with this. there's times i'm really craving carbs, but all of them tend to have a net negative effect on how i feel after. OJ is usually the best at feeling like a net positive food, and Uncle matt's OJ is by far the best OJ i've found, and they told me over email they don't add citric acid.
I always drink my OJ 'warm'.

yerrag

After reading on here and my own experience I have found that its very simple and easy to obtain protein in the form of fresh beef or lamb and gelatinous cuts, high quality pure milks, easy to get skim un-homogenised, pure gelatine powder. I have found it easy to get very high quality pure butter, cream, beef tallow, refined coconut oil but getting carbs is not easy...

Cane sugar: pure but no nutrition and limited use

Lactose: good but comes with a lot of liquid and not everyone can digest it nicely

Fruit: poor soil and pesticides, seasonal, poor quality, expensive, limited range for tropical

Fruit juice: great when the fruit is in peak season but many have citric, ascorbic acid, other things added which are not good, so the options become limited

Dry fruit: allergenic, sulphites and PUFA added

Potatoes: not fresh, diseased, pesticides, digestive issues, time to prepare

Corn: good if in Mexico otherwise limed not available

Rice: no nutrition and questions about heavy metals, Cereal is fortified

Wheat: many issues here

Sour dough: is good but phosphorous and fortified often

Grains: in general are difficult to digest or create problems with bacteria, have anti thyroid substances

Candy: has been adulterated with chemicals which are allergenic or even toxic

Potato chips/crips: fried in pufa oils, never seen any in beef tallow unfortunately

Ice cream: All have gums/carrageen except Haagen Dazs.

This has been a challenge for me and I seem to rotate many things because I cannot handle them for long periods, the food supply is terrible. This problem is holding us back so much, we need pure energy supply but its always a double edged sword because we get it but then we have endotoxin problems, inflammation. I guess its ok if you sit at home all day and work a few hours from there and make different things but if your working class then it becomes a stress to get good food. So ridiculous that the government made all cereals fortified with iron, we are not free and totally controlled, so stupid. Society and culture is killing everyone, can't even participate in it without ending up with cancer.

Take me back to when Oreo's were made with coconut oil and McDonalds fries were made in beef tallow.
Carbs are the most affordable source of calories. Even processed ones are good, even if they are stripped of minerals and vitamins. Examples are white rice and white sugar. Even corn if it's not GMO, though that has become difficult. With wheat, it's troublesome because it comes with a lot of anti-nutrients that comes with seeds. But I eat mostly white rice and white sugar for my carbs, although I eat sweet potatoes as well. And I get vitamins and minerals from seasonal fruits (cheaper when I buy in season) and cooked green leaves, and from fresh caught fish from the sea, and from fresh slaughtered pork and beef (which has more vitamin C), and I get to buy the internal organs from the public market. I can also buy milk and cheese easily. With the variety in what I eat, I don't easily get a deficiency.

But as I mention what I eat, you may realize that my carbs are the easiest to shop for. White rice and white sugar has a long shelf life, and sweet potatoes are very easily grown, if you want to. It's much harder actually to get good fats and good protein. They're also more expensive.

But it's not fair for me to say it's easy because I live in a city where I can access traditional public markets and I'm not locked in to having to buy from large chains and supermarkets. Even so, even in a very urbanized place, white rice and white sugar and sweet potatoes are not difficult to buy. It's quality fats and protein that's harder to buy.

Perhaps the problem lies in your body not being able to process and metabolize sugar (which carbs turn into), as that seems to be the problem most people have.

For a long time, I ate very low fat because I just didn't know what fat to consume. I didn't trust olive oil to be pure and non adulterated with vegetable oils. The coconut oil available wasn't refined and gave me a headache. Butter gave me allergy. Palm oil had too much PUFA( albeit much less than soy or corn oils).

If I hadn't found out about beef fat( which is surprisingly very unknown where I live), I would still be eating very low fat. Beef fat is really one of the only safe animal fats to consume nowadays( butter and lamb fat are of course safe too.). Pork and chicken are very high in PUFAs due to crappy animal feed.

But the same ocurred with carbs for me. For the longest time, I didn't consume white sugar, because "fructose bad". During that period, I was trying to get carbs from rice, potatoes, beans, and it just wasn't working. It would give me constipation, barely any energy( aside from the rice), brain fog, an acidic feeling in my gut, etc. Starch sources are indeed problematic for many people. Interestingly, cassava root is probably the best starch source for me. I only eat it very occasionally though( because I'm worried about the cyanide content). White sugar and fruit juice works much better than starch as a carb source for me.

Nomane Euger

For a long time, I ate very low fat because I just didn't know what fat to consume. I didn't trust olive oil to be pure and non adulterated with vegetable oils. The coconut oil available wasn't refined and gave me a headache. Butter gave me allergy. Palm oil had too much PUFA( albeit much less than soy or corn oils).

If I hadn't found out about beef fat( which is surprisingly very unknown where I live), I would still be eating very low fat. Beef fat is really one of the only safe animal fats to consume nowadays( butter and lamb fat are of course safe too.). Pork and chicken are very high in PUFAs due to crappy animal feed.

But the same ocurred with carbs for me. For the longest time, I didn't consume white sugar, because "fructose bad". During that period, I was trying to get carbs from rice, potatoes, beans, and it just wasn't working. It would give me constipation, barely any energy( aside from the rice), brain fog, an acidic feeling in my gut, etc. Starch sources are indeed problematic for many people. Interestingly, cassava root is probably the best starch source for me. I only eat it very occasionally though( because I'm worried about the cyanide content). White sugar and fruit juice works much better than starch as a carb source for me.
Grass fed grass finished lamb subcutanous fat is by far the best one in tast and texture,among beef and lamb fat,some cut taste like goat cheese time to time,and the texture can be hard and soft at the same time,if you want to get full and not think about food any more go for suet,30 grammes and you are out

ursidae

I thought fructose was a problem because we can only absorb a limited amount per day/per sitting.

I think those who have access to white flesh sweet potatoes have a pretty significant advantage. I read there’s a problematic thyroid interfering compound in them but that can be minimised with the preparation method. But even then I don’t think it would be safe to eat 2+ kg every day and there’s the oxalates too

I think a good split would be
Germinated brown rice or some other safe grain
Soaked, boiled and dehydrated white flesh sweet potatoes
The fruits approved by the fruit expert (Dr morse): melon, berry, grapes. In the form of snacks so that it adds up to less than 50 g fructose per sitting

at some point I considered dissolving glucose in a vegetable juice but haven’t found the perfect vegetable yet

Grass fed grass finished lamb subcutanous fat is by far the best one in tast and texture,among beef and lamb fat,some cut taste like goat cheese time to time,and the texture can be hard and soft at the same time,if you want to get full and not think about food any more go for suet,30 grammes and you are out
Never ate subcutaneous fat. If I have the chance to try it, I'll do it. I did try suet and it's quite filling indeed.
I thought fructose was a problem because we can only absorb a limited amount per day/per sitting.

I think those who have access to white flesh sweet potatoes have a pretty significant advantage. I read there’s a problematic thyroid interfering compound in them but that can be minimised with the preparation method. But even then I don’t think it would be safe to eat 2+ kg every day and there’s the oxalates too

I think a good split would be
Germinated brown rice or some other safe grain
Soaked, boiled and dehydrated white flesh sweet potatoes
The fruits approved by the fruit expert (Dr morse): melon, berry, grapes. In the form of snacks so that it adds up to less than 50 g fructose per sitting

at some point I considered dissolving glucose in a vegetable juice but haven’t found the perfect vegetable yet
Regarding the fructose absorption, that's for pure fructose. When you have an equal amount of glucose and fructose, it's actually very well absorbed. There are people who don't feel that great with lots of fructose though. I believe yeasts like fructose more than glucose, so if you have candida in your stomach or small intestine, it may give you unpleasant symptoms.

Nomane Euger

i

Nomane Euger

Never ate subcutaneous fat. If I have the chance to try it, I'll do it. I did try suet and it's quite filling indeed.

Regarding the fructose absorption, that's for pure fructose. When you have an equal amount of glucose and fructose, it's actually very well absorbed. There are people who don't feel that great with lots of fructose though. I believe yeasts like fructose more than glucose, so if you have candida in your stomach or small intestine, it may give you unpleasant symptoms.
wich lamb fat did you eat?i noticed a huge difference between lamb and mutton(assuming lamb is the young on)mutton whever female or male is much harder and better tasting than lamb fat,lamb fat is still good specifically subcutanous fat but i hate lamb suet wich is softer(i assume they receive more cereals)compare to olders muttons where the suet is way less soft and better tasting.how would you asses a yeast infection?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals