Head Injury

P

Peatness

Some useful info on traumatic head injuries - treatment timing makes a difference

Magnesium - Nutrition and Traumatic Brain Injury - NCBI Bookshelf

Prevalence and correlates of vitamin D deficiency in adults after traumatic brain injury

The Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation in Patients with Acute Traumatic Brain Injury - PubMed

Niacinamide And Progesterone For Traumatic Brain Injury

Traumatic Brain Injury (tbi)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

Peatness

Taurine and Brain injury

OP
P

Peatness

[Recovering from traumatic brain injury (concussions)] Pregnenolone and progesterone are the most important things for the after-effects of concussions. Pregnenolone, if it’s pure, doesn’t have any side effects, so it’s safe in large doses. 100 mg per day is usually an effective amount (I took 3000 to 4000 mg per day for a year, with no side effects). Progesterone is usually helpful in moderate, physiological amounts, maybe 20 to 30 mg per day (with food), but more would be o.k. if the effects seem better. The frontal lobes of the brain are involved in focussing attention and planning, and these hormones stabilize the major frontal lobe nerves. Vitamin D and calcium are essential for the protective effects of these hormones, so it would be good to have a vitamin D blood test. Many people, when they don’t get much direct sunlight exposure, need about 5000 i.u. of vitamin D3 per day to keep the blood level around the normal 50 ng/ml. Dr. Peat

OP
P

Peatness

BRMarshall

Thanks for this compilation....i am looking for ways to address chronic head injuries to which i would rather find relief in substances other than pot. I do use progesterone, and pregnenalone inconsistently. I believe that marijuana does increase pregnenalone (?) Often i have quit pot to then return to use relative to head injuries...

OP
P

Peatness

The Impact of Riboflavin on Sports-related Concussion

Cytoflavin ((Inosine + Nicotinamide + Riboflavin + Succinic Acid)

OP
P

Peatness

OP
P

Peatness

Thanks for this compilation....i am looking for ways to address chronic head injuries to which i would rather find relief in substances other than pot. I do use progesterone, and pregnenalone inconsistently. I believe that marijuana does increase pregnenalone (?) Often i have quit pot to then return to use relative to head injuries...
I'm afraid I don't know much about marijuana other than the smell makes me feel ill. I'm experimenting with higher doses of riboflavin (b2)

Riboflavin for Strange Unresolved Health Problems | Chris Masterjohn​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0LCH4RMW-s

OP
P

Peatness

OP
P

Peatness

OP
P

Peatness

To address this current deficit in military health care, it is recommended that efficacious, nontoxic, neuroprotective, and neuroregenerative agents such as highly bioavailable magnesium, nutritional lithium, zinc, selenium, boron, ascorbate, tocopherols, heavy metal chelators, and glutathione precursors such as N-acetyl-cysteine be immediately used as a "protective shield" and to support critical healing processes in the brain and nervous system.

OP
P

Peatness

OP
P

Peatness

The New Revolution in Hacking Traumatic Brain Injury and PTSD - Dr. Mark Gordon & Andrew Marr​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NVae6_90HY&t=155s

Be mindful this is from 2017 way before we knew what darpa were up to. Plus Dr Gordon thinks fish oils are good so be mindful that this is not peaty. I used a lot of fish oil supplements in the past and will never touch them again. The good news is that he suggests that the brain needs sugar and should not be deprived of it when in an injury state.

This is the mold documentary

Moldy (Full Documentary) feat. Dave Asprey​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI0_azQv6N8

OP
P

Peatness

Mitochondria Dysfunction and Inflammation in Traumatic Brain Injury: Androgens to the Battlefront

OP
P

Peatness

Energy expenditure and protein requirements after traumatic injury

Abstract

Traumatic injury induces hypermetabolism. The degree of hypermetabolism can be variable, depending on the type of injury, the degree of inflammation, body composition, age, and treatment regimens. To estimate metabolic rate in some types of injury, predictive equations have been published. Some of these equations have been tested in validation studies. For other types of injury, equations do not exist. Some expert panels have recommended measuring in lieu of estimating metabolic rate, though studies have not been performed to determine whether clinical outcome is affected by the method used to determine energy requirements. Traumatically injured patients are usually catabolic, but protein needs after traumatic injury continue to be debated. Some suggest that 1.5 g protein per kg body weight is adequate and that any additional protein is simply oxidized, adding to the nitrogen load to be excreted. Alternately, protein intake >2.0 g/kg body weight increases the absolute rate of body protein synthesis, and achievement of nitrogen balance has been associated with survival. Thus, provision of high-protein feeding to achieve nitrogen balance might be worthwhile, even if that balance is achieved at the cost of additional nitrogen production.

OP
P

Peatness

Thanks for finding this @David PS

Serum metabolome associated with severity of acute traumatic brain injury

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals