Health Problems

wayney

Hi,

I'm a 30 year old guy. Since I was 16 years old I've had a lot of different health problems (I think that I overtrained myself and my body haven't recovered yet).

My biggest problem is that almost every night my body "collapses", my nose gets extremely red (very local over the nose), the pulse rises and it feels strange in my body. This often happen when I eat dinner but if I for example don’t eat dinner it just comes later in the evening. It is like my body doesn’t have energy left in the evening and it "collapses". I can also get these symptoms during the day if I am in warm environments or expose my face to the sun. This ruins my whole life and I do not socialize with people in the evening anymore because of this.

Other issues is brain fog, feeling of tiredness, extra fat/retain fluids around the breasts, frozen/poor circulation in the body (very cold hands and feet), my body feels stressed, even though I have nothing to be stressed of, always feel and hear my pulse in the ears/head. Otherwise pretty good shape (5.84 feet tall and 158.73 pounds).

I've done a lot of different tests and taken help from different health coaches, doctors etc. Trying a lot of different diets and supplements also. Nothing helps.

I'm diagnosed with SIBO (done a lot of different protocols but it doesn't help, I think that I need to find the root cause). Besides that I have little low testosterone and also little low thyroid, see below (test results are like 1 year old).

Estradiol: 89pmol/L
LH: 4IU/L
Testosteron: 17 nmol/L
SHBG: 55 nmol/L
FSH: 4.1IU/L
Prolactin 233 mIE/L (ref 64-403)
TRA: 0.9 IU/L
TSH: 1.97mIU/L
T4: 11pmol/L
T3: 4pmol/L

I've now been using TyroMix for 6 weeks (ramped up slow from 1 drop/day to 6 drops/day taken sublingual). Been tracking temps and pulse and nothing have happened, around 36 degrees under arm temp and around 60 BPM in the morning. No improvements in my problem either.

Started with cyproheptadine for 7 days ago, started with 1 drop before bed and now 2 drops before bed. Doesn't seem to help either.

I really think that my problem is connected to thyroid/hormonal/stress.

Someone here that might have any ideas? Try TyroMax instead of TyroMix?

Thanks!

Spartan300

Hi @wayney & welcome.

The most knowledgeable members here will need you to provide information on your diet, calories, lifestyle and training to advise you best. Supplements can help but food & lifestyle need to be on point before you can expect to see any improvements.

OP
W

wayney

Hi @wayney & welcome.

The most knowledgeable members here will need you to provide information on your diet, calories, lifestyle and training to advise you best. Supplements can help but food & lifestyle need to be on point before you can expect to see any improvements.

Thanks!

Yeah, of course, I have been focusing on food and lifestyle for years, but my feeling is that food and lifestyle ain't going to solve my problems. Been trying so much but I get no progress.

Diet: I've been trying a lot of different diets. The last year I've been following Tim Berzins "Ignite your metabolism", which is very close to Ray Peat diet - high fruit, no PUFA, some starch but no large quantities etc. Been reducing protein/meat and fat, I felt that I feel little bit better from that. Eat calorie surplus. I feel that when I eat extremely high fruit, very small amount of meat and fat I feel better and can reduce the reaction with the red nose. But I can only manage to to that for a short period of time, then I get fatigue, hard to get all calories that I need from almost just fruit.

Lifestyle/training: I have a very healthy lifestyle, but I've been needing to cut down on the training as it feels as that is a stress. Right now I take short/slow walks and do some very light body weighted exercises. Earlier I have done a lot of heavy strength training, but I've stopped that because it feels as it stresses my body. I try to have a good sleep, but I have some sleep issues, my body feels so extremely stressed (even though I am not stressed). Done a lot of meditation, breathing etc. but that doesn't help.

Hans

Forum Supporter
My biggest problem is that almost every night my body "collapses", my nose gets extremely red (very local over the nose), the pulse rises and it feels strange in my body
I immediately though of vitamin B2. Peat mentioned that people with low vit B2 get that red look on the cheeks, nose, etc, but that is chronic and yours seem acute. Vit B2 might help regardless.
Alternatively, it could be histamine. What are you eating for dinner? Are you stressed in the evening? Might there be a trigger that's causing it?

Other issues is brain fog, feeling of tiredness, extra fat/retain fluids around the breasts, frozen/poor circulation in the body (very cold hands and feet), my body feels stressed, even though I have nothing to be stressed of, always feel and hear my pulse in the ears/head. Otherwise pretty good shape (5.84 feet tall and 158.73 pounds).
Adrenal hyperactivity and parasympathetic nervous system overactivation.
Calm the adrenals (this will increase thyroid and lower estrogen), lower excess acetylcholine and GABA to inhibit excess parasympathetic activity (this should reduce fatigue and lower free serotonin and improve gut health).
Pregnenolone and DHEA are cortisol antagonists and will increase pregnenolone and DHEA sulfate which are GABA antagonists and will enhance sympathetic drive.
Progesterone and 6-keto progesterone are even stronger cortisol antagonists and should help calm the adrenals.
Androsterone is a good aromatase inhibitor and can reduce excess aromatization.

What does your diet look like in terms of carbs, fats and protein?

OP
W

wayney

I immediately though of vitamin B2. Peat mentioned that people with low vit B2 get that red look on the cheeks, nose, etc, but that is chronic and yours seem acute. Vit B2 might help regardless.
Alternatively, it could be histamine. What are you eating for dinner? Are you stressed in the evening? Might there be a trigger that's causing it?

Adrenal hyperactivity and parasympathetic nervous system overactivation.
Calm the adrenals (this will increase thyroid and lower estrogen), lower excess acetylcholine and GABA to inhibit excess parasympathetic activity (this should reduce fatigue and lower free serotonin and improve gut health).
Pregnenolone and DHEA are cortisol antagonists and will increase pregnenolone and DHEA sulfate which are GABA antagonists and will enhance sympathetic drive.
Progesterone and 6-keto progesterone are even stronger cortisol antagonists and should help calm the adrenals.
Androsterone is a good aromatase inhibitor and can reduce excess aromatization.

What does your diet look like in terms of carbs, fats and protein?

Thanks!

Okay, yeah mine is acute. But I'm almost always a little red on the nose. Supplemented with Thorne Research Riboflavin (1 caps/day) earlier, didn't help. But that was with another diet so might be worth trying again.

Yeah I have histamine issues (allergic to pollen, grass, fur animals, strong fragrances etc), all of this came after I overtrained myself, didn't have any issues before. But I've tried low histamine diet, antihistamines and now for over a week cyproheptadine. But no relief from those things. I've been trying many different forms of what to eat for dinner. Red meat is really bad, almost always get a reaction. very high fruit and low fat/protein is the best I've tried and that diet is high in histamine so that shouldn't be the issue. Also if it was histamine I've should get the reaction during the day also. My body is always stressed (feel and hear the pulse in my head/ears all the time), it's like my body is fighting against something. But I'm not stressed mentally, it's just the body. Can't find any special triggers and that's what makes this so frustrating, I do not know when it will come and I can't control it.

Okay, right now I am trying TyroMix and Cyproheptadine but no results so far.
I have CortiNon at home so I will try that soon. Or should I test Pregnenolone, DHEA, Progesterone and Androsterone all at ones for best effect?

Right now it's very high in carbs and especially fruit.
I have reduced protein/meat a lot as I feel better that way, right now maybe around 70 gram/day.
Low in fat.

Last edited:

EIRE24

Thanks!

Okay, yeah mine is acute. But I'm almost always a little red on the nose. Supplemented with Thorne Research Riboflavin (1 caps/day) earlier, didn't help. But that was with another diet so might be worth trying again.

Yeah I have histamine issues (allergic to pollen, grass, fur animals, strong fragrances etc), all of this came after I overtrained myself, didn't have any issues before. But I've tried low histamine diet, antihistamines and now for over a week cyproheptadine. But no relief from those things. I've been trying many different forms of what to eat for dinner. Red meat is really bad, almost always get a reaction. very high fruit and low fat/protein is the best I've tried and that diet is high in histamine so that shouldn't be the issue. Also if it was histamine I've should get the reaction during the day also. My body is always stressed (feel and hear the pulse in my head/ears all the time), it's like my body is fighting against something. But I'm not stressed mentally, it's just the body. Can't find any special triggers and that's what makes this so frustrating, I do not know when it will come and I can't control it.

Okay, right now I am trying TyroMix and Cyproheptadine but no results so far.
I have CortiNon at home so I will try that soon. Or should I test Pregnenolone, DHEA, Progesterone and Androsterone all at ones for best effect?

Right now it's very high in carbs and especially fruit.
I have reduced protein/meat a lot as I feel better that way, right now maybe around 70 gram/day.
Low in fat.
Red meat alone gives you a bad reaction? I find this strange as a lot of people with issues seem to tolerate red meat fairly well if eaten alone? What kind of red meat is it?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Supplemented with Thorne Research Riboflavin (1 caps/day) earlier, didn't help. But that was with another diet so might be worth trying again.
The best results are seen if you take it chronically. One dose wouldn't make a difference. How much B2 is there per dose?
You might be low in copper and high in zinc, which is increasing histamine and lowering noradrenaline.
Free serotonin is most likely elevated (due to parasympathetic nervous system dominance) and that is harming your pancreas, bile secretion and digestion.
How is your calcium intake and do you get lots of sunlight daily?

OP
W

wayney

Red meat alone gives you a bad reaction? I find this strange as a lot of people with issues seem to tolerate red meat fairly well if eaten alone? What kind of red meat is it?

Grass-fed beef. I think that it might be related to fatigue. When I eat meat only I get very fatigue and then I get the reaction in the evening.

OP
W

wayney

The best results are seen if you take it chronically. One dose wouldn't make a difference. How much B2 is there per dose?
You might be low in copper and high in zinc, which is increasing histamine and lowering noradrenaline.
Free serotonin is most likely elevated (due to parasympathetic nervous system dominance) and that is harming your pancreas, bile secretion and digestion.
How is your calcium intake and do you get lots of sunlight daily?

Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 36.5mg/day. Tried it for over 3 months.

Supplementing with copper right now, and also tried it before. Don't feel any difference.

Okay, I use Cyproheptadine right now to see if it is issues with serotonin but no improvement after 1,5 week of use.

I supplement with 1 000 mg calcium every day. No I don't, I live in Sweden so I do not have the ability to be out in the sun all year around. But I do not feel better in the summer when I spend a lot of time in the sun. Almost the opposite effect, the sun ain't good for my nose

Hans

Forum Supporter
Almost the opposite effect, the sun ain't good for my nose
Have you ever tried vit B1? It's rapidly depleted during stress, including by the sun.

Have you tried anti-bacterial and anti-microbial supplements for your gut?

As for the preg, prog, DHEA and andro, I'd use 100mg preg, 25mg DHEA, 5mg 6-keto progesterone and 5-15mg androsterone (dose depends on how you feel on it) to lower excess estrogen.

OP
W

wayney

Have you ever tried vit B1? It's rapidly depleted during stress, including by the sun.

Have you tried anti-bacterial and anti-microbial supplements for your gut?

As for the preg, prog, DHEA and andro, I'd use 100mg preg, 25mg DHEA, 5mg 6-keto progesterone and 5-15mg androsterone (dose depends on how you feel on it) to lower excess estrogen.

Not alone, but I've tried B complex supplements. I have for years also been eating multivitamin which is pretty high in vitamin B (Thorne).

Yes, for very long periods, if I combine all the time that I've tried anti-bacterial and anti-microbial it must be like 1-2 years. FC Cidal, Dysbiocide, a lot of other herbal anti-microbial, Rifaximin etc. Didn't feel anything from it. Also tried low FODMAP, low salicylate diet, fasting and other things. I think that I need to fix the underlaying issue (my guess thyroid/hormones/stress) before I can fix SIBO. There is a lot of research that connect rosacea (my red nose must be some kind of rosacea) and SIBO.

Okay, should they always be combined together or is it ok to just take for example CortiNon?

Thanks for all the answers, appreciates!

Hans

Forum Supporter
Not alone, but I've tried B complex supplements. I have for years also been eating multivitamin which is pretty high in vitamin B (Thorne).

Yes, for very long periods, if I combine all the time that I've tried anti-bacterial and anti-microbial it must be like 1-2 years. FC Cidal, Dysbiocide, a lot of other herbal anti-microbial, Rifaximin etc. Didn't feel anything from it. Also tried low FODMAP, low salicylate diet, fasting and other things. I think that I need to fix the underlaying issue (my guess thyroid/hormones/stress) before I can fix SIBO. There is a lot of research that connect rosacea (my red nose must be some kind of rosacea) and SIBO.

Okay, should they always be combined together or is it ok to just take for example CortiNon?

Thanks for all the answers, appreciates!
Yes cortinon should be good, but you specifically want the pregnenolone and DHEA-sulfate to increase and for that you need to take pregnenolone and DHEA.

OP
W

wayney

Yes cortinon should be good, but you specifically want the pregnenolone and DHEA-sulfate to increase and for that you need to take pregnenolone and DHEA.

Okay, I have some pregnenolone (capsules 10 mg, Country Life) that I can try to take at the same time as I take CortiNon. I do not need to take any other supplements to avoid it to be converted in to estrogen?

What do you say about the article in the link below? He claims that you only should take pregnenolone and DHEA if you have low cortisol. If you have high cortisol (as I have).

Cortisol Testing: How to Diagnose and Treat Adrenal Issues

Hans

Forum Supporter
Okay, I have some pregnenolone (capsules 10 mg, Country Life) that I can try to take at the same time as I take CortiNon. I do not need to take any other supplements to avoid it to be converted in to estrogen?

What do you say about the article in the link below? He claims that you only should take pregnenolone and DHEA if you have low cortisol. If you have high cortisol (as I have).

Cortisol Testing: How to Diagnose and Treat Adrenal Issues
The goal is to calm your adrenals and raise DHEA-S and pregnenolone-S, which is reduced in a stressed state, which leaves GABA unopposed. In a stressed state, DHEA production is also increased together with cortisol, but DHEA-S levels drop.
Both pregnenolone and DHEA are anti-cortisol (not as potent as progesterone) and will help to increase pregnenolone-S and DHEA-S.
Neither pregnenolone or progesterone increases estrogen, but DHEA can, that's why I would add androsterone into the mix as well.

OP
W

wayney

The goal is to calm your adrenals and raise DHEA-S and pregnenolone-S, which is reduced in a stressed state, which leaves GABA unopposed. In a stressed state, DHEA production is also increased together with cortisol, but DHEA-S levels drop.
Both pregnenolone and DHEA are anti-cortisol (not as potent as progesterone) and will help to increase pregnenolone-S and DHEA-S.
Neither pregnenolone or progesterone increases estrogen, but DHEA can, that's why I would add androsterone into the mix as well.

Great, thanks a lot!

Then I will buy Androsterone and StressNon from IdeaLabs so that I can combine them with CortiNon. Or would you use some other products?

Also when you see my test results, would you stop taking TyroMix and instead start with Androsterone, StressNon and CortiNon instead? I have taking TyroMix for over 6 weeks and feel no difference. Or might it be worth trying TyroMax?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great, thanks a lot!

Then I will buy Androsterone and StressNon from IdeaLabs so that I can combine them with CortiNon. Or would you use some other products?

Also when you see my test results, would you stop taking TyroMix and instead start with Androsterone, StressNon and CortiNon instead? I have taking TyroMix for over 6 weeks and feel no difference. Or might it be worth trying TyroMax?

It would be good to see where your cortisol and adrenaline is at. I won't take TyroMax with those labs. I would test rT3.
I'd take powdered pregnenolone because you can dose more for cheaper. Like I mentioned, I'd go with 50-100mg pregnenolone daily. Some people get much better benefits from 300mg and even up to 1g in severe cases. Then I'd add in 25mg DHEA, 5-15mg androsterone and 5mg progesterone/6-keto progesterone. Progesterone itself might be too sedating, that' why I'd go with the 6-keto.

OP
W

wayney

It would be good to see where your cortisol and adrenaline is at. I won't take TyroMax with those labs. I would test rT3.
I'd take powdered pregnenolone because you can dose more for cheaper. Like I mentioned, I'd go with 50-100mg pregnenolone daily. Some people get much better benefits from 300mg and even up to 1g in severe cases. Then I'd add in 25mg DHEA, 5-15mg androsterone and 5mg progesterone/6-keto progesterone. Progesterone itself might be too sedating, that' why I'd go with the 6-keto.

Okay, I will do some new tests. So you would take Tyronene instead?

So CortiNon ain't good? The ratio with DHEA and progesterone aint the same as you recommend.

So you would use the products below?

6-keto P4 - Liquid 6-ketoprogesterone
Androsterone
Powdered pregnenolone
But what product for DHEA? Can't find that IdeaLabs sells DHEA.

Forsythia

You mention that you are sensitive to the sun, but you didn't mention how your Vitamin D levels are (or whether you supplement with Vitamin D). Vitamin D is a supplement that is good for rosacea which is what could be causing/contributing to your red nose. Peat says Vitamin D is good for skin conditions and he recommends a level of 50-60 ng/l.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Okay, I will do some new tests. So you would take Tyronene instead?

So CortiNon ain't good? The ratio with DHEA and progesterone aint the same as you recommend.

So you would use the products below?

6-keto P4 - Liquid 6-ketoprogesterone
Androsterone
Powdered pregnenolone
But what product for DHEA? Can't find that IdeaLabs sells DHEA.
No I would not take thyroid at all.
Cortinon is good, but if you add Stressnon to it, you'll get too much DHEA and too little pregnenolone.
For DHEA, I'd just use a clean brand from Amazon or iHerb.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals