Health Problems

Hans

Forum Supporter
Okay thanks!

I am diagnosed with SIBO. There seem to be a connection between SIBO and hypothyroidism. I haven't been able to treat my SIBO with either antibiotics (Rifaximin) or herbal antibiotics as berberine, oregano oil, caprylic acid, grapefruit seed extract (been trying other also). Also tried different diets and stress management etc, but nothing helps. So maybe supplement with either thyroid or DHEA, androsterone, pregnenolone and progesterone. And when the adrenals are calm try to clear out the SIBO with herbal antibiotic and maybe also CamphoSal (which I haven't tried)?
Well the gut and the adrenals work in a feed-forward loop where excess serotonin is absorbed, which stimulates the adrenals and then the adrenal hormone inhibits digestion and transit, which stimulates everything all over again. So I'd focus on both simultaneously.

OP
W

wayney

Well the gut and the adrenals work in a feed-forward loop where excess serotonin is absorbed, which stimulates the adrenals and then the adrenal hormone inhibits digestion and transit, which stimulates everything all over again. So I'd focus on both simultaneously.

Thanks!

Can CamphoSal be taken at the same time as you take herbal antibiotic or shouldn't they be combined?

OP
W

wayney

Yes, there shouldn't be interferance.

Thanks!

Decided to do this:

Keep taking small doses DHEA, androsterone, pregnenolone and progesterone. This will hopefully calm my adrenals.

Following this SIBO protocol:
  • CamphoSal 25 drops daily
  • Oregano oil 600 mg daily
  • Berberine 1 500 mg daily
  • Caprylic acid 400 mg daily
  • Grapefruit seed extract 250 mg daily
  • Undecylenic acid 250 mg daily
Maybe also add some enzymes with food.
Also add some activated charcoal like every other week to remove the toxins.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks!

Decided to do this:

Keep taking small doses DHEA, androsterone, pregnenolone and progesterone. This will hopefully calm my adrenals.

Following this SIBO protocol:
  • CamphoSal 25 drops daily
  • Oregano oil 600 mg daily
  • Berberine 1 500 mg daily
  • Caprylic acid 400 mg daily
  • Grapefruit seed extract 250 mg daily
  • Undecylenic acid 250 mg daily
Maybe also add some enzymes with food.
Also add some activated charcoal like every other week to remove the toxins.
Yes for the SIBO you want to stimulate your stomach acid production and bile secretion. When someone has reduced levels of both, then is when SIBO occurs. So betaine or gentian bitter can help with the stomach acid and taurine and TUDCA can help with bile.

I'd personally use activated charcoal daily with coconut oil/monolaurin as the AC can help the coconut oil pass through the digestive tract and kill bacteria further down.

TUDCA itself can also help kill bacteria and positively modulate gut bacteria, lower inflammation, improve liver function, speed up the metabolism, improve mood, etc.

OP
W

wayney

Yes for the SIBO you want to stimulate your stomach acid production and bile secretion. When someone has reduced levels of both, then is when SIBO occurs. So betaine or gentian bitter can help with the stomach acid and taurine and TUDCA can help with bile.

I'd personally use activated charcoal daily with coconut oil/monolaurin as the AC can help the coconut oil pass through the digestive tract and kill bacteria further down.

TUDCA itself can also help kill bacteria and positively modulate gut bacteria, lower inflammation, improve liver function, speed up the metabolism, improve mood, etc.

Okay thanks!

Do you mix the CamphoSal with small amount of water or how do you recommend using it?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Okay thanks!

Do you mix the CamphoSal with small amount of water or how do you recommend using it?
Whatever is necessary to comfortably get it down lol. Some put the drops in empty caps which seem like a great strategy.

Thanks!

Okay, yeah mine is acute. But I'm almost always a little red on the nose. Supplemented with Thorne Research Riboflavin (1 caps/day) earlier, didn't help. But that was with another diet so might be worth trying again.

Yeah I have histamine issues (allergic to pollen, grass, fur animals, strong fragrances etc), all of this came after I overtrained myself, didn't have any issues before. But I've tried low histamine diet, antihistamines and now for over a week cyproheptadine. But no relief from those things. I've been trying many different forms of what to eat for dinner. Red meat is really bad, almost always get a reaction. very high fruit and low fat/protein is the best I've tried and that diet is high in histamine so that shouldn't be the issue. Also if it was histamine I've should get the reaction during the day also. My body is always stressed (feel and hear the pulse in my head/ears all the time), it's like my body is fighting against something. But I'm not stressed mentally, it's just the body. Can't find any special triggers and that's what makes this so frustrating, I do not know when it will come and I can't control it.

Okay, right now I am trying TyroMix and Cyproheptadine but no results so far.
I have CortiNon at home so I will try that soon. Or should I test Pregnenolone, DHEA, Progesterone and Androsterone all at ones for best effect?

Right now it's very high in carbs and especially fruit.
I have reduced protein/meat a lot as I feel better that way, right now maybe around 70 gram/day.
Low in fat.

overtraining,you depleted something,you should operate under the notion of deficiency of everything,and be not too specific,you said you already took a MV,maybe try Thorne Research 2/d,and take as recommended,but for a couple of months 3x of it,then taper to 1/d.Your SIBO can be from continous reinfection,do you drink milk,if so,can you switch it for meat and Calciumcarbonate as replacement of Milkborne-Ca?Any idea of your PUFA O6:O3 Ratio,total amounts etc?

OP
W

wayney

overtraining,you depleted something,you should operate under the notion of deficiency of everything,and be not too specific,you said you already took a MV,maybe try Thorne Research 2/d,and take as recommended,but for a couple of months 3x of it,then taper to 1/d.Your SIBO can be from continous reinfection,do you drink milk,if so,can you switch it for meat and Calciumcarbonate as replacement of Milkborne-Ca?Any idea of your PUFA O6:O3 Ratio,total amounts etc?

Do not think that it's vitamin deficiency. Been taking really high doses earlier and no difference. Have also done blood work which show good values.

Do not drink milk, react bad to milk products. I supplement with calcium, right now 2 grams/day.

I am very low in PUFA and been the for a long time so that's not the issue either.

OP
W

wayney

Been taking Camphosal for 2 days now. Take 25 drops on empty stomach directly in the morning and then wait at least one hour before eating anything.
Can add that I had no issues with the taste, been tasting much worse!

Got the other herbal antibiotics today so will add those tomorrow.

OP
W

wayney

One thing that I can add is that I'm diagnosed with Epstein Barr virus.
@Hans any thoughts on that?

Hans

Forum Supporter
What I would do is eat a nutrition, non-gut irritating diet, for all my micros.
Then I'd take methylene blue, niacinamide, vitamin B2 and a little iodine and sunbathe daily.
Avoid cold and stress.
That's just what I would do in general for viruses.

OP
W

wayney

What I would do is eat a nutrition, non-gut irritating diet, for all my micros.
Then I'd take methylene blue, niacinamide, vitamin B2 and a little iodine and sunbathe daily.
Avoid cold and stress.
That's just what I would do in general for viruses.

thanks! So you would avoid multivitamin?

Markus

Have you ever tried vit B1? It's rapidly depleted during stress, including by the sun.

Have you tried anti-bacterial and anti-microbial supplements for your gut?

As for the preg, prog, DHEA and andro, I'd use 100mg preg, 25mg DHEA, 5mg 6-keto progesterone and 5-15mg androsterone (dose depends on how you feel on it) to lower excess estrogen.
From my personal experience with similar issues (I'm also Swedish btw), I've found that 10 mg pregnenolone, 5 mg DHEA, 5 mg 6-keto P4 and 2 mg androsterone split into two doses to be the most I tolerate.

Markus

Great, thanks a lot!

Then I will buy Androsterone and StressNon from IdeaLabs so that I can combine them with CortiNon. Or would you use some other products?

Also when you see my test results, would you stop taking TyroMix and instead start with Androsterone, StressNon and CortiNon instead? I have taking TyroMix for over 6 weeks and feel no difference. Or might it be worth trying TyroMax?

Estradiol: 89pmol/L
LH: 4IU/L
Testosteron: 17 nmol/L
SHBG: 55 nmol/L
FSH: 4.1IU/L
Prolactin 233 mIE/L (ref 64-403)
TRA: 0.9 IU/L
TSH: 1.97mIU/L
T4: 11pmol/L
T3: 4pmol/L
I've found androsterone to be very thyromimetic and work better than TyroMix. Personally, I would drop thyroid supplementation entirely as the thyroid is usually downstream of the adrenals/HPTA-axis, which is probably your main issue.

Markus

I believe that EBV can be an issue when the body is weak, but should be manageable by a strong immune system. However, Anthony William (The Medical Medium), claims that EBV is at the root cause of most health issues. In any case, some anti-viral remedies will probably be beneficial.

OP
W

wayney

From my personal experience with similar issues (I'm also Swedish btw), I've found that 10 mg pregnenolone, 5 mg DHEA, 5 mg 6-keto P4 and 2 mg androsterone split into two doses to be the most I tolerate.

Okay, nice with another swede!

Right now I'm taking:
2 mg Androsterone
2,25 mg DHEA
11,25 mg Pregnenolone
3 mg progesterone

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals