Healthier Grooming & Beauty Hacks

Sparks

It’s an older model. View attachment 49052It has sensors and you hold it on the spot you want to treat and it beeps when it’s ready. The light is recessed slightly so it’s only a couple millimeters away from the skin. Some places I’ve treated do sting for a split second similar to what I’ve heard about professional IPL but it’s literally over in a flash. :) It takes me less than 5 minutes to hit the various areas. My mom was a freckled redhead so I think I have some of her skin characteristics.

It is a good reminder for me to be more mindful about just enough sun exposure and at the right times. I think I’m guilty of overdoing it a bit the last few years. I literally can’t remember the last time I touched sunscreen so I probably need to find a nice natural one along with a hat and long sleeves for times I can’t avoid being out for extended periods during peak intensity. I think I felt a bit invincible due to pufa avoidance and the fact that I no longer burn. It’s time for me to get my head out of my behind so to speak and be smarter about taking care of my skin moving forward. Here’s the video that inspired me.

View: https://youtu.be/QXXuiBlsV1M

Hi Blossom

This is very interesting - thank you. I am a freckler too....what time of day do you try to get your vitamin D please? I thought it was best to catch some sunshine between 10 - 14:00 but there is so much controversial info out there.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Sparks, I’ve had good results with getting some sun on as much skin as possible before 10 am and then moderating my exposure between the peak hours between 10-2 to avoid burning or over doing it. I also think some sunlight in the evening is helpful if possible to prepare our body for sleep. It does seem like morning exposure primes the skin to accept the more intense rays at peak hours. This is more along the lines of Jack Kruse but I do appreciate his insights on light. I’m not able to do this every day due to work right now but when I’m able it’s very helpful.

Sparks

@Sparks, I’ve had good results with getting some sun on as much skin as possible before 10 am and then moderating my exposure between the peak hours between 10-2 to avoid burning or over doing it. I also think some sunlight in the evening is helpful if possible to prepare our body for sleep. It does seem like morning exposure primes the skin to accept the more intense rays at peak hours. This is more along the lines of Jack Kruse but I do appreciate his insights on light. I’m not able to do this every day due to work right now but when I’m able it’s very helpful.
Thank you Blossom. I haven't looked at the work of Jack Kruse for a while so I must check it out again.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Here is a pic of my hair color using raw honey. At first I was worried leaving it on too long, but now I am up to seven hours. Besides raw honey really moisturizing my hair and making it so soft, the lightening effect is subtle, and cancels out the brassy build up in my hair instead. I only use the honey every couple of months.

Attachments

• B907B116-1666-4C48-AE78-8B925EE1FF87.jpeg
    B907B116-1666-4C48-AE78-8B925EE1FF87.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 66

golder

Here is a pic of my hair color using raw honey. At first I was worried leaving it on too long, but now I am up to seven hours. Besides raw honey really moisturizing my hair and making it so soft, the lightening effect is subtle, and cancels out the brassy build up in my hair instead. I only use the honey every couple of months.
Amazing! Looks so good!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A double-blind randomized controlled trial demonstrated that manuka honey and other raw honeys are almost as effective as chlorhexidine as a mouthwash.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Drinking it or applying it can cure bacterial or fungal infections, lesions, acne, and blisters. The antioxidants like rosmarinic acid eliminate the free radicals that cause wrinkles, fine lines, and pigmentation. Rosemary tea also tightens sagging skin to make it look younger, fresh, and glowing”

“The antioxidants like rosmarinic acid eliminate the free radicals that cause wrinkles, fine lines, and pigmentation. Rosemary tea also tightens sagging skin to make it look younger, fresh, and glowing.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Next to a conventional diet, our modern environments tend to be highly estrogenic. Found in many everyday household products, xenoestrogens are chemical compounds that intensely mimic and increase estrogen in the body. Cleaning products, personal care products (shampoos, body wash, nail polish, fragrances, etc.), fluoridated water, medications, and most objects made of plastic all contain estrogen-mimicking substances. Avoid these by leading a more natural life, which means to stick to natural products made from 100% organic ingredientsand incorporate nature into your home.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
home made orange starch vinegar for dissolving minerals for skin and drinking

the fine starch makes win-e-gurr in 3 days even at low temperature of 10 C

the large bits of pulp make win-e-gurr and all-co-hall at the same time for defeating AI programing, just stir before filtering

its exitotoxicity protective

spent orange peals pulp as tooth brush

great topic, thank you for starting it

we can make a "start here" for new forum arrivals

also, S-terrified (esterified), they are afraid of us getting our energy directly from source with no middle men and junk "cosmetics"

we can also have a "skin feeding" topic, thats how the greys survived 200 000 years from Draco moon AI on their home planet

at least we still have a fair chance of saving the earth

don't be angry at the draco, they are neutral

Edit: Nontoxic car maintenance - coconut oil and graphite powder
On your skin feeding topic, I melted together cacao butter and shea butter and it has been a wonder! My son has had eczema since elementary school, which came on after vaccinations, and nothing has worked, even working with a dermatologist for a year, didn’t work, until this combo. I use it after dry-brushing on my legs, and it soaks in fast and leaves a nice glow, rather than staying greasy, like coconut oil does. It is a little firm, but I just melt it between my hands before applying. It works well as a lip moisturizer too. This one is for you to try @coffeelover.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Papaya stimulates collagen and elastin production, essential proteins responsible for maintaining the skin’s elasticity and firmness.

Regularly using papaya-based skincare products or incorporating papaya into your diet can improve wrinkles, fine lines, and overall skin texture.”

“…the most impressive benefits of papaya for the skin is combating acne. It turns out papaya has a whole arsenal of properties that help reduce and prevent breakouts.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Keratin is a protein found in the hair, nails, and skin. Keratin affects your hair texture and whether it is straight, wavy, or curly. Using chemicals to change the molecules in coiled or curly hair to make it straight or wavy is known as relaxing the hair. In a keratin treatment, cream containing formaldehyde (or another chemical that releases formaldehyde) is brushed into the hair, which is then blown dry and flat-ironed. The combination of formaldehyde, heat, and compression cause straight keratin in the cream to bind to the keratin in the hair, making curly or wavy hair more relaxed.[1]”

“It’s important to know that Keratin is not the only hair straightener that is dangerous. A 2022 study indicated a possible link between the use ofchemical hair straighteners in general and uterine cancer. Researchers found women who applied chemical straightening products on their hair at least four or more times a year were more than twice as likely to develop uterine cancer compared to those that did not. and that Black women were at higher risk. [9]”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It’s an older model. View attachment 49052It has sensors and you hold it on the spot you want to treat and it beeps when it’s ready. The light is recessed slightly so it’s only a couple millimeters away from the skin. Some places I’ve treated do sting for a split second similar to what I’ve heard about professional IPL but it’s literally over in a flash. :) It takes me less than 5 minutes to hit the various areas. My mom was a freckled redhead so I think I have some of her skin characteristics.

It is a good reminder for me to be more mindful about just enough sun exposure and at the right times. I think I’m guilty of overdoing it a bit the last few years. I literally can’t remember the last time I touched sunscreen so I probably need to find a nice natural one along with a hat and long sleeves for times I can’t avoid being out for extended periods during peak intensity. I think I felt a bit invincible due to pufa avoidance and the fact that I no longer burn. It’s time for me to get my head out of my behind so to speak and be smarter about taking care of my skin moving forward. Here’s the video that inspired me.

View: https://youtu.be/QXXuiBlsV1M

Hi @Blossom! I finally got to investigating this IPL idea for other uses, like you. I have used an EpiSilk hair removal device since my twenties so I haven’t used a razor in 35 years, and hardly ever have any hair on my body. I am interested though in this lazer idea for wrinkles and broken capillaries. Years ago I went to a friend’s office for a facial and she talked me into a “diamond facial” which was so abrasive that it left me with broken capillaries on my chin. Now I have a spot on my thigh which must have happened gardening. I can’t think of anything else that would have made this happen. So I am going to try this l idea of yours to try and repair these two areas. I bought the one below and was pleased to see a $70 off coupon….
1696425906613.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Green and red LED light therapy are ideal treatments for healing broken capillaries because they help reduce signs of skin aging and trigger new collagen growth beneath the skin surface," Dr. Marmur says.”

“One buzzy example is LED light therapy, which has been said to help with a laundry list of skin issues, including everything from acne and inflammation to fine lines and even wound healing. And though it might be trending, LED light therapy does, in fact, live up to the hype — whether you try it at home or seek out a professional.”

1697495733061.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
@Rinse & rePeat, fantastic! I hope it helps!
I have been using my new laser device, 3 times now, and find it interesting that I don’t feel anything. The reviews talked about how it hurts and even leaves burns on darker skins, yet I feel absolutely nothing. The first week I did it on the first level and leveled up the following two weeks, two more levels and still I feel nothing, and I only have two more levels to go. I am wondering if the pain people are commonly feeling is a reaction from the heat with the stored PUFA’s in their skin, and since I have been PUFA depleted for many years the device is not burning me. I don’t burn in the sun either, without sunscreen, and all of my liver spots disappeared after about the first year of “Peating”, that is how I know. What do you think @Blossom?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have been using my new laser device, 3 times now, and find it interesting that I don’t feel anything. The reviews talked about how it hurts and even leaves burns on darker skins, yet I feel absolutely nothing. The first week I did it on the first level and leveled up the following two weeks, two more levels and still I feel nothing, and I only have two more levels to go. I am wondering if the pain people are commonly feeling is a reaction from the heat with the stored PUFA’s in their skin, and since I have been PUFA depleted for many years the device is not burning me. I don’t burn in the sun either, without sunscreen, and all of my liver spots disappeared after about the first year of “Peating”, that is how I know. What do you think @Blossom?
Your idea about being pufa depleted makes sense and you probably have lower inflammation in general. I’ve never really felt anything but a very minor sensation when using it at the highest level. I’ve gotten lazy using mine recently so thanks for the reminder.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals