HELP - Father has been prescribed 5 ar inhibitors

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
My father trusts in doctors.

If my dad ends up sick from these medications I'm done for. I'm not healthy enough to start making money.

What on earth do I do? My parents believe in doctors still. I'm actually crapping myself just thinking of what could happen. My dad just had bloods done a few weeks ago. Good testosterone levels. Good thyroid levels. My dad is from the generation that still had OK health.

Mauritio

Is it finasteride? You could simply print out some of the studies on this forum on fiansteride and show the doc.
Like I posted a study on fiansteride causing penile fibrosis. Maybe not the best topic to talk about with your parents but theres a bunch of studies.
Or tell him about the possibility of PFS like some people are bed bound and never recover, how does that sound ?

And then theres the point that it is actually estrogen what causes prostate issues...

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Is it finasteride? You could simply print out some of the studies on this forum on fiansteride and show the doc.
Like I posted a study on fiansteride causing penile fibrosis. Maybe not the best topic to talk about with your parents but theres a bunch of studies.
Or tell him about the possibility of PFS like some people are bed bound and never recover, how does that sound ?

And then theres the point that it is actually estrogen what causes prostate issues...
It's dutasteride. I'm about to take the prescription and throw it in the river. My mother just ignores me when I tried to talk to her about it.

Mauritio

It's dutasteride. I'm about to take the prescription and throw it in the river. My mother just ignores me when I tried to talk to her about it.
Even "better", the study on penile fibrosis actually was on dutasteride... I dont think thats the way to go. Act like a grown up, show them the studies in a civil and serious manner, it will have an effect on them .

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Even "better", the study on penile fibrosis actually was on dutasteride... I dont think thats the way to go. Act like a grown up, show them the studies in a civil and serious manner, it will have an effect on them .
I really don't understand why my dad suddenly went to a doctor and got this prescribed when even my dad always ranted to me about how herbs are better than drugs etc...

My parents simply just tell me 'the doctor knows best' but the only reason I ended up on the RPF is because of ADHD drugs.......... They literally don't believe this and my dad just calls me lazy when I say I don't have energy for anything.

Obviously I don't tell them about this godforsaken place but it has good information here.

brightside

Fighting against the 5ar inhibitors is good, but incomplete. If you show an alternative, it will be easier to convince them. For example, I recently saw a study on the forum about aromatase inhibitors being beneficial for prostate problems.

This post

Maybe not the best or most complete evidence, but if you shove him some exemestane pills instead, it might be easier to get him to drink those.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Fighting against the 5ar inhibitors is good, but incomplete. If you show an alternative, it will be easier to convince them. For example, I recently saw a study on the forum about aromatase inhibitors being beneficial for prostate problems.

This post

Maybe not the best or most complete evidence, but if you shove him some exemestane pills instead, it might be easier to get him to drink those.
I did read about stingign nettle being helpful too and my grandma is sending me some herbs soon. Might need to my dad to try stinging nettle or something like that first.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
I am going to bring studies to this doctor. No one is getting away with this bull****. Either he looks me and my dad in the eye and explains his motivations and the body chemistry or he can piss off. Absolutely useless people.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter

In case this helps.

lamassu

Convincing people is very hard. Progesterone or even something androgenic might help though. Has he has a androgen/estrogen panel?

tallglass13

Yeah, I bet they did not even run DHT serum test. So why would they want to smash down a DHT level that is most likely low to begin with.

OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
Yeah they didn’t. Only testosterone. Not even estrogen let alone DHT. Frustrating.

Also the medication has ar inhibitors and some anti inflammatory adrenergic agonist or something. Makes it complicated.

To me sounds like a recipe for a heart attack but obviously not easy to convince people always.

Last edited:
OP
questforhealth

questforhealth

Forum Supporter
I'm just really pissed off my dad is now DRINKING and taking the drugs at once. This apparently increases the risk for disesae anymore!!!! I am so angry I can't sleep anymore.

I hope this drug feminises my dad enough for me to bully him into stop eating ***t food and beer. I'm so done with all this. I bought GABA powder and magnesium as an alcohol replacement.

Has anyone got any SERIOUS recommendations what else to try to convince my dad? My future depends on all this. I'm not some middle class american who buys organic food for a laugh. My family can barely afford the food my parents buy me for me to slowly get healthier.

Last edited:

Alpha

There is zero reason to take dutasteride instead of finasteride and likely will introduce more side effects. 5-AR I is not even implicated in BPH.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals