Hi from Mandy

OP
M

Mandy BoBandy

Thank you all for your comments, links, and advice. I am indeed limiting high fat dairy; the main exception would be gouda, what with the vitamin K and all.

Interesting that inside the saturated fats category there would be a weight-loss accelerating version (coconut oil) vs. a weight-loss hindering (or at least non-helping) version (dairy fat).

When it comes to starch vs. sugar, I think the former is more of a problem. I can get enough sugar pretty quickly and be done with it, whereas once I start eating starch, it is hard to stop. Then I get bloated and sleepy. I think I must have a very bad gang of gut bacteria that keep demanding to be fed so they can just party on down and create more garbage and fat or whatever it is that they do.

Meanwhile, afternoon temperature today is 98.6 F so maybe something is going right.

tara

Mandy BoBandy said:
post 119249 When it comes to starch vs. sugar, I think the former is more of a problem. I can get enough sugar pretty quickly and be done with it, whereas once I start eating starch, it is hard to stop. Then I get bloated and sleepy. I think I must have a very bad gang of gut bacteria that keep demanding to be fed so they can just party on down and create more garbage and fat or whatever it is that they do.
Could be.
Or another possibility is that you have been hungry from restricting calories, and this has kept stress hormones high. Then when you eat starch your body says 'at last - more please' and then relaxes and wants to catch up with some needed rest and repair.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom