House bound at 26, F, desperate for help - hypo, adrenal insufficency, can't tolerate thyroid. mineral imbalance

mostlylurking

hi thanks again. Actually today I have found a great endocrinologist who specializes in adrenal issues and thyroid today. He's was recommended to me by someone else with adrenal issues. Thank you very much for the advice and tips - i can't figure it out on my own you're right i need a competent endo. He also prescribes t3 so i am not worried about that. I will look into the thiamine problem and if this doesn't work out with my current endo I am waiting for i will look for a recommendation based through Acella. Thank you very much for your help I appreciate it.
Ask your new endo if he is familiar with NP Thyroid by Acella. Natural desiccated thyroid (like NP Thyroid) includes T3.

OP
R

ratqueen

Could be the copper has affected your liver and it's not functioning well. The thyroid/liver/adrenals "triad".

my liver is definitely congested. i was doing coffee enemas for a little while as bile is essential for transporting copper. copper toxicity causes havoc on the liver/nervous system/adrenals and all my problems erupted after having elevated liver enzymes. thank u very much i will read that

OP
R

ratqueen

Ask your new endo if he is familiar with NP Thyroid by Acella. Natural desiccated thyroid (like NP Thyroid) includes T3.
Thank you very much for providing that information. It's been ridiculous I haven't even had a formal hypothyroid "diagnosis" despite all my T3 levels being under the "reference range" - for 2 years now I have been house bound for the last year. The only person to diagnose me was a functional dr over a year ago but he was incapable of treating adrenal issues. Everyone else is trying to diagnose me with psychiatric disorders or CFS..it's crazy. Asking if i can exercise lol. Thank god for the internet. I know it's my thyroid as when I treated my thyroid (when my adrenals were still OK) i could walk around town and do things again. Thanks again

OP
R

ratqueen

-From a Ray Peat interview:
“Dr Peat: A dosage of 150 mcg (micrograms, not milligrams, e.g. ug not mg) is a safe amount of iodine. My current newsletter has some references describing the effect of even moderate iodine excess (even below a milligram per day) on the thyroid. An iodine deficiency can cause hypothyroidism (rare now), but so can an excess. Most goiters now are from estrogen-like effects, but they used to be from iodine deficiency. Chronic excess iodine tends to cause thyroiditis, regardless of the gland's size.
The amounts used by Abraham and Flechas are much larger than this – very toxic doses, enough to cause severe thyroid problems. “

-The B5 dosage might also be high. A doctor on Youtube by the name Stasha Gominak has a protocol involving D3 and B5 (along with the other B-vits). She started her patients on 400mg B5 but it turned out to be way high of a dose for almost everyone.

-Have you had your vit D checked?

-For me personally, I seem to do better on shellfish like oysters, clams and shrimp rather than chicken and beef. I think going low protein for a few days, giving the muscle meats a rest, can make a huge difference in digestion and blood sugar control.
Hi - no i've not had my vit d checked. I've stopped the b5 for now until I know what is happening properly. My T3 levels were all below reference for over 2 years now - I'm positive this is the primary issue alongside my adrenals after talking to more ppl on thyroid support sites. Never trust the dr they would have sent me to the loony bin if they had it their way. I've lowered the muscle meat too. Thank u!

Jonk

Hi - no i've not had my vit d checked. I've stopped the b5 for now until I know what is happening properly. My T3 levels were all below reference for over 2 years now - I'm positive this is the primary issue alongside my adrenals after talking to more ppl on thyroid support sites. Never trust the dr they would have sent me to the loony bin if they had it their way. I've lowered the muscle meat too. Thank u!
Okay, I would probably have the D3 checked since it's one of those low hanging fruits that can have a huge impact. Pasting this from another thread:

"vitamin D apparently is one of the key factors in allowing t3 to activate the thyroid receptor and basically cause many of these genomic effects, the transcription effects, that are relevant and expected to happen in a person with normal thyroid function. So if your vitamin D is low sometimes you know even taking very high amounts of t3 will not help because the body will quickly deactivate the t3 into T2 or even T1, if the vitamin D is insufficient. So somehow vitamin D and t3 have a very symbiotic relationship and if you know vitamin D is low, i think like almost everybody that tests, like 80 percent of the population is vitamin D deficient in Western countries, sometimes people don't get the benefit of even thyroid supplementation if their vitamin D levels are sub optimal or free fatty acids are high. So the functional hypothyroidism I would define as anything that basically if you do the three measurements pulse, temperature and Achilles tendon reflex. If even one of these is not working, it's not giving you the results that you want to see, that means either not enough t3 is being produced by the liver, probably because the liver is burdened with with excess estrogen and or something is interfering with the function of the thyroid hormone peripherally and that in most cases is either estrogen and/or low vitamin D." (High vitamin D levels essential for tolerating T3??"

OP
R

ratqueen

Okay, I would probably have the D3 checked since it's one of those low hanging fruits that can have a huge impact. Pasting this from another thread:

"vitamin D apparently is one of the key factors in allowing t3 to activate the thyroid receptor and basically cause many of these genomic effects, the transcription effects, that are relevant and expected to happen in a person with normal thyroid function. So if your vitamin D is low sometimes you know even taking very high amounts of t3 will not help because the body will quickly deactivate the t3 into T2 or even T1, if the vitamin D is insufficient. So somehow vitamin D and t3 have a very symbiotic relationship and if you know vitamin D is low, i think like almost everybody that tests, like 80 percent of the population is vitamin D deficient in Western countries, sometimes people don't get the benefit of even thyroid supplementation if their vitamin D levels are sub optimal or free fatty acids are high. So the functional hypothyroidism I would define as anything that basically if you do the three measurements pulse, temperature and Achilles tendon reflex. If even one of these is not working, it's not giving you the results that you want to see, that means either not enough t3 is being produced by the liver, probably because the liver is burdened with with excess estrogen and or something is interfering with the function of the thyroid hormone peripherally and that in most cases is either estrogen and/or low vitamin D." (High vitamin D levels essential for tolerating T3??"
Wow thats very interesting, thank you. I am probably low in it anyway as I get very little sunlight and don't supplement. I will research this and ask for testing and the b1 further. Now I have some ideas as to why it may not work. Thank you

Richiebogie

Hi @ratqueen,

How much carbohydrate are you eating each day?

Starch sources are called staples and normally make up the bulk of a diet.

Starch is in peeled potatoes, rice, oats, rye, corn and wheat. This can power your muscles.

Bananas and apples give a boost to your potassium, vitamin C, fruit sugar etc.

Yeast extracts like vegemite or marmite provide extra protein and b vitamins.

200g beef or lamb is a good source of zinc, protein, selenium and stuff peculiar to mammals.

A small amount of dairy can add calcium.

A diet based on these foods should reduce your need for supplements or drugs.

Maybe move slowly toward this sort of diet and see if it helps.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals