How Do Followers Of Ray Peat Take Care Of Their Skin?

boris

As I said I'm not a big science person. Neither parent smoked cigs EVER, drank very minimal coffee, maybe one cup daily and lived to early and mid 90's...

So much of this science stuff is based on "who is getting paid and by whom" ,, which industry.

Common sense is something many are void of.

What I get from this is that your parents drank coffee daily and lived into their 90s :)

@pepsi that‘s right. Not everything works for everyone.

Constatine

I wonder which one between those two effects has bigger impact on skin. Reduced collagen synthesis but high oxidative stress protection or the opposite.
Hard to say. Caffeine seems to also prevent melanoma Higher Caffeinated Coffee Intake Is Associated with Reduced Malignant Melanoma Risk: A Meta-Analysis Study. Here is a short summery of caffeine's cosmetic properties: Caffeine's mechanisms of action and its cosmetic use. - PubMed - NCBI. Overall I'd speculate that caffeine is good for the skin in reasonable doses, especially if you get a lot of sun exposure as it's effects on UV protection is quite impressive. It's worth noting that some studies have found that photoaging leads to increased collagen synthesis while aging leads to decreased: Modulation of Skin Collagen Metabolism in Aged and Photoaged Human Skin In Vivo - ScienceDirect. So more collagen synthesis doesn't necessarily translate to better skin.

Brandin

I use salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide due to my acne prone skin. It works to keep my acne at bay, and hopefully I can eventually progress enough with my health to where the acne goes away. I'm just too androgenic/anabolic.
Same for me, The lower estrogen and higher androgens the less bad ur health has to be for acne to occur. Reasoning being that androgens make your body prioritize function of body, brain and health promoting processes over keeping a perfect sebum balance. Now high androgens definetely give a nice skin tone, glow and less wrinkles even when health isnt perfect...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals