How Do I Get Ripped As Fast As Possible?

UltraSuperior

konB89y.png

I'm 24 years old, 5'11(181 cm) and weigh 81 KG at the moment. This is my current body after weightlifting for 3 months. I've been on a peat inspired diet for a while. I lift weights 4-5 times a week, mainly performing compound movements. I estimate myself to be around 18-22% body fat. The supplements I take are magnesium, B complex, vitamin C, aspirin, baking soda and creatine. I want to reach a body fat level of around 12% for aesthetic and estrogen reducing purposes.

I'm thinking I basically have 3 options:

A- Mild caloric restriction diet for 4-5 months while following peat principles and avoiding PUFA, which would lower my hormones and thyroid function for quite some time, making me feel like ***t and perform worse at everyday tasks.

B- Eating whenever I'm hungry, following peat principles but incorporating 48-72 hour fasts for rapid fat burning followed by eating normally again. This would enable me to lose weight fast, hopefully preserving thyroid functioning.

C- Experimenting with avoiding starches/fats and eating a high amount of sucrose and protein while exercising. Caloric excess through sucrose could theoretically, as claimed on this forum, enable me to lose fat while preserving thyroid functioning.

Which one of these would be best according to the people here? Does anyone have any experience shredding down quickly, getting a 6 pack while preserving androgens and thyroid functionality? Is anyone able to help me out with a meal/exercise plan of sorts?

schultz

Scenario "A" with added supplemental thyroid would work well.

If you restrict calories, but keep sugars high, your thyroid activity is less likely to fall, especially with a mild caloric deficit.

I am reminded of this study, which has been posted before on this forum. The diet used in the study was a mere 800 calories.

"The carbohydrate-free diet produced a 21 percent decline in resting metabolic rate (p less than 0.005) as well as a decrease in circulating triiodothyronine"

"However, when sucrose was substituted, resting metabolic rate rose toward baseline values even though total caloric intake was unchanged and weight loss continued. The sucrose-induced rise in resting metabolic rate was accompanied by a rise in serum triiodothyronine values, but not plasma insulin or norepinephrine concentrations."

So if you normally burn something like 3000 calories per day, you could drop that to 2200 to 2500. Keeping protein and sugar high and minimizing fat should help prevent muscle loss and a lowered metabolism. Supplementing a bit of extra T3 might also be helpful.

GreekDemiGod

A- Mild caloric restriction diet for 4-5 months while following peat principles and avoiding PUFA, which would lower my hormones and thyroid function for quite some time, making me feel like ***t and perform worse at everyday tasks.
Start doing Intermittent Fasting. You have no business lifting weights and being over 20% bodyfat.
You might even feel great due to cortisol / adrenaline upregulating.

OP
UltraSuperior

UltraSuperior

Start doing Intermittent Fasting. You have no business lifting weights and being over 20% bodyfat.
You might even feel great due to cortisol / adrenaline upregulating.

I think this is bull****. So what should someone over 20% body fat do? Lie on the couch?
I've done IF for years and in my experience it just raises stress and lowers thyroid.

schultz

I think this is bull****. So what should someone over 20% body fat do? Lie on the couch?

Exactly. It makes no sense. Lifting weights is probably the best thing for someone who has extra body fat. Walking and strength training.

Ron J

Fastest way(not sure if healthy) would be strength training & A + C.
Before cutting down I suggest fixing the liver as much as possible. Try to optimize digestion to take some of the workload off your body(bitters, coffee, cholesterol, taurine, betaine HCL/OX bile, etc.)
Not much volume, just enough to preserve muscle and avoid isolation workouts until you achieve desired weight(you don't want cortisol through the roof).

GreekDemiGod

I've done IF for years and in my experience it just raises stress and lowers thyroid.
I was thinking that someone who's been lifting weights for some time should really not have a problem getting to his desired bodyfat.

redsun

I think all three of your approaches make things way harder than it has to be. The fastest way to actually lose weight would be to eat in a way that your daily requirement of protein from good quality fresh meat is met while minimizing calories. Protein helps provide energy when calories like carbs and fats are restricted because it helps make carnitine, the adrenal hormones noradrenaline and adrenaline which will help burn fat and is the most satisfying macronutrient.

It will also prevent muscle loss. You can deal with the other macros in whatever way you prefer but the best way I have found is eating fat with protein which helps me eat the protein and then having only enough carbs to help quench sugar needs. So say you need like 130g protein a day, and you eat a good amount of fat... lets say 60-80g helps because we all know lean meat and no fat dairy is not as appetizing and also would mean no egg yolks which would vital for nutrients on this type of diet.

Then you can eat a 1:1 carb to protein ratio to keep your sanity. The goal in my opinion is a somewhat speedy weight loss with as little calories possible that you can mentally handle and need to perform physically for day to day life.

You may find it easy to eat enough super lean proteins and if that is the case you can eat more carbs with it. In the end protein is the defining macro, it will make eating less easier as it provides aminos needed for neurotransmitters as well as the raw material for carnitine and methylation which is what youll need to burn body fat. Yes your thyroid will go lower but it is temporary. Months of calorie restriction is a nightmare.

Last edited:
konB89y.png

I'm 24 years old, 5'11(181 cm) and weigh 81 KG at the moment. This is my current body after weightlifting for 3 months. I've been on a peat inspired diet for a while. I lift weights 4-5 times a week, mainly performing compound movements. I estimate myself to be around 18-22% body fat. The supplements I take are magnesium, B complex, vitamin C, aspirin, baking soda and creatine. I want to reach a body fat level of around 12% for aesthetic and estrogen reducing purposes.

B- Eating whenever I'm hungry, following peat principles but incorporating 48-72 hour fasts for rapid fat burning followed by eating normally again. This would enable me to lose weight fast, hopefully preserving thyroid functioning.

C- Experimenting with avoiding starches/fats and eating a high amount of sucrose and protein while exercising. Caloric excess through sucrose could theoretically, as claimed on this forum, enable me to lose fat while preserving thyroid functioning.

Which one of these would be best according to the people here? Does anyone have any experience shredding down quickly, getting a 6 pack while preserving androgens and thyroid functionality? Is anyone able to help me out with a meal/exercise plan of sorts?

Sure, I can help.

Start with no lower than 2 grams of protein per kg of desired bodyweight. Protein is the most likely macro to build muscle and least likely to support fat gain. The more muscle, the easier to stay leaner. Do not count plant protein toward your daily total.

How much carbs and fat depends on your exercise selection and training volume. The more glycogen you burn, the more you will want to eat the remaining calories from carbs rather than fat. If every session 4x per week you were to do 5-6 sets of a barbell posterior chain movement such as a clean, deadlift, or row, you would burn more calories (as well as stimulate more muscle growth) and therefore afford to eat more carbs and fat than if you did 7-8 sets of cable curls each session.

Do you jog or bike or swim or row to the gym and back? If not, consider adding 20 minutes on your favorite cardio machine at the end of each session. The speed at which you can still hold a conversation is a good starting point. If steady state cardio is boring you could end with a circuit of leg movements, ab movements, and/or aerobic movements.

Last edited:

David90

Nutrition:
- Upping Protein Intake to 2g per KG of Bodyweight OR 1g of Protein per CM of Height.
-Eliminate all your Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies via Food.
-Eat more Fruits/drink more Fruit Juice (<- NOT from Concentrate in Terms of Fruit Juice)
-Don't Negleject Eggs and especially Egg Yolk (because of Choline). 2-3 Eggs per Day should be ok. The Egg Yolk should be a bit fluently.
-Don't use PUFA'S (Polyunsaturated Fats). Use ONLY Butter, Coconut Oil or Ghee instead.
-Go in a Slight Caloric Deficit (-250 to 300 less) for a While until you reach around 9-12% Bodyfat. After That, Maintaining or Lean Bulk would be Advisable

Training:

-Weightlifting 3-4x per Week for Around 45-60 Minutes Maximum. I would rather consider 45 Minutes, given your Circumstances.
-Have A Workout Plan that let's you train each Muscle Group at least Twice per Week. Three Times per Week would be better.
-In Terms of Workout Plan, i would personally go with a Alternating Upper/Lower Split, Alternating Push/Pull or a Full Body Workout.
-4-6 Exercises per Workout is enough. More is not better.
-Volume should be Around 10 Sets per Muscle Group per Week for Most Bodyparts.
-Concentrate more on Compound Exercises and less on Isolation Exercises.
-Set Pauses for Compound Exercises should be 3-4 Minutes between Sets and 1-2 Minutes for Isolation Exercises.
-Pauses between Exercises should be around 3 Minutes.

Supplementation:
-Eliminate all your Remaining Vitamin and Mineral Deficiencies via SMART Supplementation. Magensium(-Glycinate, -Oil) and Vitamin E should be a MUST. The Rest is up to you.

meatbag

konB89y.png

Don't restrict any calories. Just don't eat any fat. The easiest way I've found to do this is with skim milk, fat free milk powder, gelatin powder, orange juice/frozen concentrate, apple sauce, frozen berries/cherries and eating occasional liver

No cardio needs to be performed, the only reason to do it is to improve exercise performance, it is the most inefficient way to lose body fat
Weight lifting should be short sessions

Cloudhands

Whats your current diet? I recently increased my calcium to phosphorus ratio, which along with adequate vitamin D, K and Mg has increased my metabolism IMMENSELY without decreasing any muscle. I am extremely warm and my state of mind is euphoric. I eat lots of oysters(8 a day), and actually limit eggs and liver. I drink a gallon of 1% milk a day and get the rest of my calories from fruit and brer black strap molasses. I only train 3 days a week for 20ish minutes, but hit every muscle with a leg day, back day, and arms/chest day and feel/look very strong. I eat VERY little meat, with only 4 oz a day coming from kidney and heart, and every few days i eat clams + 2oz of meat instead of the 4, for iron that the milk depletes like crazy. I take 1 500mg b3 in the morning with coffee, and i also take black seeds which also help burn energy. But yeah also not going too hard in the gym will help u have energy to go on walks, which is also nice for the mental aspect of feeling great and burning sugar.

Velve921

Whats your current diet? I recently increased my calcium to phosphorus ratio, which along with adequate vitamin D, K and Mg has increased my metabolism IMMENSELY without decreasing any muscle. I am extremely warm and my state of mind is euphoric. I eat lots of oysters(8 a day), and actually limit eggs and liver. I drink a gallon of 1% milk a day and get the rest of my calories from fruit and brer black strap molasses. I only train 3 days a week for 20ish minutes, but hit every muscle with a leg day, back day, and arms/chest day and feel/look very strong. I eat VERY little meat, with only 4 oz a day coming from kidney and heart, and every few days i eat clams + 2oz of meat instead of the 4, for iron that the milk depletes like crazy. I take 1 500mg b3 in the morning with coffee, and i also take black seeds which also help burn energy. But yeah also not going too hard in the gym will help u have energy to go on walks, which is also nice for the mental aspect of feeling great and burning sugar.
@UltraSuperior pay attention to this persons post. Strong mindset... especially their note about calcium to phosphorus ratio

lampofred

Didn't Peat say mild caloric restriction isn't too harmful as long as you get high amounts of the minerals, calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals