How Do I Get Ripped As Fast As Possible?

DrJ

If you're getting enough protein then increase calcium and reduce fat to drop body fat more quickly.

David90

meaning: not to simply neglect eggs but rather to completely eject them from your diet. Its worth adding to dictionary, has a nice ring to it.
Sorry. Typing Error.....:D

I was trying to say, that he should simply eat his Daily Eggs....

AndrogenicJB

Sure, I can help.

Start with no lower than 2 grams of protein per kg of desired bodyweight. Protein is the most likely macro to build muscle and least likely to support fat gain. The more muscle, the easier to stay leaner. Do not count plant protein toward your daily total.

How much carbs and fat depends on your exercise selection and training volume. The more glycogen you burn, the more you will want to eat the remaining calories from carbs rather than fat. If every session 4x per week you were to do 5-6 sets of a barbell posterior chain movement such as a clean, deadlift, or row, you would burn more calories (as well as stimulate more muscle growth) and therefore afford to eat more carbs and fat than if you did 7-8 sets of cable curls each session.

Do you jog or bike or swim or row to the gym and back? If not, consider adding 20 minutes on your favorite cardio machine at the end of each session. The speed at which you can still hold a conversation is a good starting point. If steady state cardio is boring you could end with a circuit of leg movements, ab movements, and/or aerobic movements.
what about pea protein isolate powder?

sladerunner69

Don't restrict any calories. Just don't eat any fat. The easiest way I've found to do this is with skim milk, fat free milk powder, gelatin powder, orange juice/frozen concentrate, apple sauce, frozen berries/cherries and eating occasional liver

No cardio needs to be performed, the only reason to do it is to improve exercise performance, it is the most inefficient way to lose body fat
Weight lifting should be short sessions

I concur with this sentiment. I and several others on the forum (usually ex-meatheads) have been through the fat loss routine many times and found that the optimal solution is to simply cut back on fat, while maintaining a significant enough carbohydrate consumption to keep the metabolism strong and the body healthy. Many of the bodybuilders and athletes who burn fat through low carb diets have very high cortisol, adrenaline, and end up with terrible metabolic issues. If you cut fat consuption down to <5% total calories, while still consuming just under your daily maintenance calories of carbs, you can expect to lose about 3 lbs each week of fat. That is very fast fat loss even to low-carbers (who lose a lot of water weight) and I would recommend to only lose 1 lb or less each week if you want to play it safe.

smojuv

If you cut fat consuption down to <5% total calories, while still consuming just under your daily maintenance calories of carbs, you can expect to lose about 3 lbs each week of fat.

Since maintaining a significant carbohydrate consumption coupled with very low fat tends to promote a higher metabolic rate, could you assume that the "slightly under your daily maintenance calories" would also be a significantly higher number compared to someone running a low carb / standard diet to achieve the same fat loss?

Last edited:

David90

Didn't Peat say mild caloric restriction isn't too harmful as long as you get high amounts of the minerals, calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium?
Good Question. But The Logical Anwser could be a Yes. The Reason being, that if you lower your Calories too much, You get less carbohydrates, less protein and lesser Amounts of the Important Vitamins and Minerals. Also the Lower you go on Calories, the more Difficult it gets, to hold your Diet together (in Terms of enough Macronutrients and Micronutrients/Minerals).

I Tryed it since November 2020 (where our Lockdown in Germany started) and gradually and carefully lowered the Calories. I have began at Maintenance Calories, have gone up to -500 to 600kcal Deficit per Day and i'm now at a Daily 300-350kcal Deficit (with 1 to 2 Refeeds per Week in between). I Found out that 2100-2200 kcal is my Sweet Spot to lose Weight slowly but not to restrict myself too much and Lose to Many Minerals and Vitamins. Also a Daily Deficit of 200-350kcal per Day is at least sustainable (Long-Term) since you don't have to restrict too many Things (like Mentioned Above). Also Cutting Calories via Reducing Fat Intake makes the Most Sense.

Yucca

i’m at 10% or less BF all year long, at 54 years old, with 70-80% fats in my diet...mainly saturated (lots of goose fat for cooking, butter, fatty meats and fish, lots of fatty raw cheese), and monoinsatured (lots of virgin olive oil in salads and everywhere). Very low carb intake, only right after training, never at any other time of the day.

Just eat enough for your needs and train at high intensities. Add Hiit to accelerate fat burning (sprints, compound movement like clean and jerk, snatches with kettlebells...)

(seems I’m not totally peaty...nobody’s perfect)

sladerunner69

Since maintaining a significant carbohydrate consumption coupled with very low fat tends to promote a higher metabolic rate, could you assume that the "slightly under your daily maintenance calories" would also be a significantly higher number compared to someone running a low carb / standard diet to achieve the same fat loss?

Well yes certainly higher... but not drastically so. I and others have fallen into the weightgain trap even when consuming primarily sugars/protien because we overestimate our metabolic rates. I also believe that sugar is not very satiating (I could drink Orange juice constantly throughout the day and probably not feel over full). I think at first a diet that focusses on sugar would only burn an additional 300-500 calories compared to a low carb, high fat diet. Then after several months or years, thyroid gradually improves, and pufa has left the tissues, perhaps you will burn an additional 1000 calories per day compared to a fat burner. I know Ray Peat consumes over 3000 per day and is not noticably overweight, and Danny Roddy consumes at least 2500 but has the frame of someone who might consume 1800.

In contrast, many of the very low bodyfat, ripped athletic-looking, gym/runner types consume a startlingly low number of calories especially when they are low carb. A very lean trainer at the gym recommended that I try to follow a 500 calorie diet for two months in order to lose fat.

meatbag

Well yes certainly higher... but not drastically so. I and others have fallen into the weightgain trap even when consuming primarily sugars/protien because we overestimate our metabolic rates. I also believe that sugar is not very satiating (I could drink Orange juice constantly throughout the day and probably not feel over full). I think at first a diet that focusses on sugar would only burn an additional 300-500 calories compared to a low carb, high fat diet. Then after several months or years, thyroid gradually improves, and pufa has left the tissues, perhaps you will burn an additional 1000 calories per day compared to a fat burner. I know Ray Peat consumes over 3000 per day and is not noticably overweight, and Danny Roddy consumes at least 2500 but has the frame of someone who might consume 1800.

In contrast, many of the very low bodyfat, ripped athletic-looking, gym/runner types consume a startlingly low number of calories especially when they are low carb. A very lean trainer at the gym recommended that I try to follow a 500 calorie diet for two months in order to lose fat.
Intresting, I personally feel less hunger consuming only sugar as a carb source. I've noticed if I consume starch I experience a lot more hunger, and that PUFA exacerbates this.

Sefton10

i’m at 10% or less BF all year long, at 54 years old, with 70-80% fats in my diet...mainly saturated (lots of goose fat for cooking, butter, fatty meats and fish, lots of fatty raw cheese), and monoinsatured (lots of virgin olive oil in salads and everywhere). Very low carb intake, only right after training, never at any other time of the day.

Just eat enough for your needs and train at high intensities. Add Hiit to accelerate fat burning (sprints, compound movement like clean and jerk, snatches with kettlebells...)

(seems I’m not totally peaty...nobody’s perfect)
Trouble is it’s doing exactly this that has led a lot of people to this forum! I don’t deny it’s a quick way to get ripped, longer term though is when the issues can start. It may look good, but sub 10% body fat year round is not healthy in my view.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Anyone know how the OP of this thread is doing? Did he ever get "shredded"?

Last edited:

Yucca

Trouble is it’s doing exactly this that has led a lot of people to this forum! I don’t deny it’s a quick way to get ripped, longer term though is when the issues can start. It may look good, but sub 10% body fat year round is not healthy in my view.

i don’t know if it’s 10%, 12 or 9 and I don’t really care.
It’s about the same BF than traditional people everywhere in the world in tropical countries (other than Inuits who needs much higher BF), when they don’t have access to industrial western food. Tribal people are not fat, they’re usually also « ripped », and have a good health.
i totally agree with Peat about PUFA (and that’s one of the reasons I’m there...) but vastly disagree with carb intake.
...and my weight doesn’t change for more than 1kg (2lbs) more or less, all year long...here’s a pic last summer, stay exactly the same since (and for years before) :

Attachments

• 3A4D1F37-F55B-4E11-A2B8-CF62F25D0D35.jpeg
    3A4D1F37-F55B-4E11-A2B8-CF62F25D0D35.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Sefton10

It’s about the same BF than traditional people everywhere in the world in tropical countries (other than Inuits who needs much higher BF), when they don’t have access to industrial western food. Tribal people are not fat, they’re usually also « ripped », and have a good health.
i totally agree with Peat about PUFA (and that’s one of the reasons I’m there...) but vastly disagree with carb intake.
...and my weight doesn’t change for more than 1kg (2lbs) more or less, all year long...here’s a pic last summer, stay exactly the same since :
You look well man, and if you feel good too more power to you.

I definitely don't think sub-10% is very healthy or warranted (unless it's literally your job), but BF% is notoriously underestimated in my experience too. Looking at your pic I don't think you are near sub-10%, not (like you say) you should really care anyway!

sladerunner69

...and my weight doesn’t change for more than 1kg (2lbs) more or less, all year long...here’s a pic last summer, stay exactly the same since (and for years before) :

So how much carbohydrate do you eat, if any? Do you drink coffee or alcohol?

Yucca

Carbs : less than 40g ed (vegetables, and the small quantities in my cashew nuts), and 2-3x/week preferably after trainings, small reload (for thyroid) with 100-150g max.

I drink black coffee ED, 3-4 cups (french here, so expresso only), wine with my cheese, about 1/2 to 1 glass max 5-6x/week

smojuv

I concur with this sentiment. I and several others on the forum (usually ex-meatheads) have been through the fat loss routine many times and found that the optimal solution is to simply cut back on fat, while maintaining a significant enough carbohydrate consumption to keep the metabolism strong and the body healthy. Many of the bodybuilders and athletes who burn fat through low carb diets have very high cortisol, adrenaline, and end up with terrible metabolic issues. If you cut fat consuption down to <5% total calories, while still consuming just under your daily maintenance calories of carbs, you can expect to lose about 3 lbs each week of fat. That is very fast fat loss even to low-carbers (who lose a lot of water weight) and I would recommend to only lose 1 lb or less each week if you want to play it safe.
Could you elaborate on your experience with this ? Losing up to 3lbs of fat each week like this sounds interesting.
Could you cut to sub 10% bodyfat like that ?

sladerunner69

Could you elaborate on your experience with this ? Losing up to 3lbs of fat each week like this sounds interesting.
Could you cut to sub 10% bodyfat like that ?

Yes you certainly could, I have no doubt. You would simply eat an extremely low fat diet, and consume only carbs and protien but right at or below maintenence level of calories. The trick is to find the sweet spot with enough calories to fuel the metabolism but not so many that you aren't using them. That is definitely easier said than done, because the number of calories one burns can vary significantly from day to day, depending primarily on the amount of physical work performed.

Charger

Carbs : less than 40g ed (vegetables, and the small quantities in my cashew nuts), and 2-3x/week preferably after trainings, small reload (for thyroid) with 100-150g max.

I drink black coffee ED, 3-4 cups (french here, so expresso only), wine with my cheese, about 1/2 to 1 glass max 5-6x/week
Look awesome for your age, man. Mind sharing your average calories and macros? You don't have any issues with cortisol when eating this way?

Personally, I've enjoyed the physical results I've gotten from low-carb diets in the past, they're just hard for me to maintain in jobs that are physically demanding. I used to go heavy on veggies like broccoli when I was low-carb, not sure if most of the physical discomfort I experienced was from estrogen being lowered too much or what. Wonder if I would respond differently now that I take thyroid.

Nomane Euger

Look awesome for your age, man. Mind sharing your average calories and macros? You don't have any issues with cortisol when eating this way?

Personally, I've enjoyed the physical results I've gotten from low-carb diets in the past, they're just hard for me to maintain in jobs that are physically demanding. I used to go heavy on veggies like broccoli when I was low-carb, not sure if most of the physical discomfort I experienced was from estrogen being lowered too much or what. Wonder if I would respond differently now that I take thyroid.
i wonder if the shredded aspect from low carb is mainly from not holding much water rather than loosing much fat,my self i was utter shredded this summer on low carbs,when i eat carbs back i put on at least 8 pounds of water,that i reloose quickly if i go low carbs again

Yucca

I’m only 61kgs (135lbs) for 5’5 (1,66m)
I don’t count cals at all, I think it’s about 2000, more or less.
Fats are about 70%, prots and carbs about 15% each (only 5-10% carbs on low days, and more about 30-40% on reloads, 2-3x/week)
Don’t know also what issues I could get with cortisol ? I’m never hungry on mornings, so no efforts at all for me to keep fasting until 12:00, then eating window until about 6:00 pm and that’s all.
The only issue I have is a slightly high TSH (3,3), but it’s very easy for me to be very lean with my diet/training, so I just try to add some low doses NDT for 3 weeks, and also up slightly my carbs more often...but it’s not really a concern for now.

As I said on another thread (?) my c reactive protein is so low the lab couldn’t even mesure it (less than 0,3), my triglycerides are very low, same with ldl, and hdl high. My hematocrit levels have never been so high (50%, vs. 42, 43% when I was 20...). Same with testosterone levels (quite good, 555ng, higher than younger). So I know/feel it’s good for me.

Don’t know with others, everyone has to try what’s best for him.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals