How Do You Explain That Sugar Isn't Bad?

From my intense research, not only sugar is bad and causes glycation (the most severe factor of aging) but even a diet in high fructose (lots of fruits) can cause glycation at dangerous levels.

I personally don't take any sugar at all, not even fruit. But I will not argue with anyone here on this, everyone believes what he/she wants. I believe my own research. I respect everyone.

hyperglycemia does cause glycation. Eating sugar doesn’t cause hyperglycemia. You should definitely eat some fruits or honey. Overeating is bad, like anything.

you need liver glycogen or else, you’ll trigger stress hormones. Think that liver glycogen depletion is a good anti aging strategy? Besides, you may not care, but anaerobic training without sugar is impossible and all you’ll get is sky high cortisol (examples: Shawn Baker, Mark Bell... they’re not aging well)

pepsi

My son brought his friend to me once to back him up on sugar being good
because I have the fridge full of real sugar pepsi they drink.

I told him yes we believe sugar is good because its the bodys energy
source and will break itself down if not supplied in
the diet, and that its bad fat thats responsible for a lot of the diseases.

But I also told them thats what we believe in our household from our
research but other households may have their own beliefs and its best to always
do your own research.

I didnt want the kids parents coming over accusing
me of planting false ideas in their childs head.

“Bad” fats are bad because they don’t induce satiety and have poor nutritional value, the same way starches don’t induce satiety and have poor nutritional value. Occam applies... otherwise, how would you explain Roy Swank’s patients doing great on PUFAs AND controlled calories?

Not hyperglycemia but even low amounts of sugar

Nutrition and aging skin: sugar and glycation. - PubMed - NCBI

Even from simple carbs, that's why some use metmorfin (check out that doctor who looks like 20 years old and he is 50) while using metmorfin to keep sugar under normal levels.. it's his secret !

i don’t believe in his research. Botox is a thing among the most basic North American girl. Hair transplants. PCP. Etc...

From your study:

This process is accelerated in all body tissues when sugar is elevated

In other words: hyperglycemia. Don’t go hypo. Don’t go hyper. Small bits of Fructose means nothing goes out of range and your cortisol and adrenaline stay put. Simple.

yerrag

I think this is a joke, do you really think that sugar is good for health ?

I'll then ask you to stop all sugar intake - no rice, no fruits, no potatoes (sweet or not), no cane nor beet sugar, since you say it is bad. Maybe you're already doing that, since you so much believe sugar is bad. Or are you playing devil's advocate?

You can't make prostaglandins or leukotrienes from sugar( sugar doesn't cause inflammation).

Mother's milk has more sugar than the milk of other animals( why would it be there if it was bad?)

Supplementing thiamine to make sure you can actually burn the carbs you eat would help with sugar spikes.

boris

Last edited:

Atman

Not hyperglycemia but even low amounts of sugar

Nutrition and aging skin: sugar and glycation. - PubMed - NCBI

Even from simple carbs, that's why some use metmorfin (check out that doctor who looks like 20 years old and he is 50) while using metmorfin to keep sugar under normal levels.. it's his secret !
  • Where are all the eskimos getting 200 years old
  • If sugar is so detrimental to our health (and therefor reproduction), why have we evolved such a sensitive sense of taste for it?
  • If sugar is so detrimental to our health, why have we evolved dedicated buffer tissues (liver-, muscle-, brain-glycogen) to maintain a steady supply of it?
The answers to these questions would be far more convincing than some random doctor who looks young for his age.

FitnessMike

what sugar do we use guys? which one ise most nutrient dense?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals