How Often Should We Get Sick?

Peata

I must have missed this part before. Seem to be the only one on here that didn't know that getting sick could be a good thing. So do I understand right that it's because when you are hypo, your body just doesn't respond to the viruses?

Adding - I think I get what you're saying. Having a good metabolism means you can deal with the illness appropriately.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think so. It seems like a good metabolism would just help us respond appropriately rather than under or over react.

Suikerbuik

Yes becoming sick once a year or so is certainly a very good sign, it's not saying everything is good and it doesn't say you can't have health issues. But it does say that your system still is in some kind of balance. Increased body temperature is a huge energy demanding state and also requiers a huge amount of adaptivity, which most people with chronic disease haven't got anymore.

luckily this doesn't say you can't reach this sort of 'balanced' again :). Why someone picks up an infection too often or why their immune response is too active but fails in another way (allergies) is difficult matter, immune system is involved, the brain is involved, other organs. And the metabolism plays a crucial role and al of these 'independent systems', but if only promoting your metabolism by Peat's ideas is the key remains to be seen.
Although I do have (for me at least) a very intruiging prove that Peat is balancing the immune system in some way. I have been having a wart (warts are caused by a virus) on my foot since ~5 year old (so ~17years), no doctor could get it away with liquid nitrogen, couldn't cut it out myself - this only made it more agressive, and made it grow deeper and deepper and it kept (slowly) growing over time. 6 Months ago it was like 1,5 cm across and quite deep, but since introducing thyroid and following most of Peat's advices is has been shrinking steadily to about 0,3 cm now, and I think it will soon be gone as it's also not deep anymore.

So peating is certainly a good thing, also for the immunity but it still have my thoughts if peating will be able resolve diseases. I seen people coming back to this forum with issues although they were peating for 2/3 years now. Lately I Also saw a response from someone (don't know who) who said he wouldn't have reached his actual state if he didn't use drugs like cyproheptadine. And also the wide use of 'vitamin' D suppletion that give me doubts :( vitamin D is a powerful immune modulator. So we will see in 6-8 years what this is capable of in the long-term.

Peata

SB, I think my condition went on too long for diet alone to fix everything. I tried that at first, adding supplements here and there like vitamin E, some aspirin, and then more as I went along. I have not taken thyroid. But I seem to need more than just the peat foods to fix myself, though they are helpful with things like anxiety and sleep.

SQu

I used to get lots of colds, flu. Pneumonia once. Nothing for 8 months since peating, in spite of nursing sick kids, husband, right now through nasty stomach bug and fever. Nothing. And I don't miss it I can assure you! I do have faint and untroubling signs of candida. I used to have it chronically, then nothing for years after cfs treatment with antibiotics.

Philomath

Well I'm on board! Finally went to the dr after nagging cough and drainage for nearly a week. I feel ok but I can't stop blowing my nose and coughing. I think I stumped the PA because I have no fever but did have some "crackling" in my chest. She suggested chest x-Rays but I vetoed. Instead of amoxicillin, I convinced her to prescribe a tetracycline - doxycycline (hyclate). They are 100mg tablets, 200 mg daily. Should I take them with a bit more sugar/protein to be safe?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Philomath said:
Well I'm on board! Finally went to the dr after nagging cough and drainage for nearly a week. I feel ok but I can't stop blowing my nose and coughing. I think I stumped the PA because I have no fever but did have some "crackling" in my chest. She suggested chest x-Rays but I vetoed. Instead of amoxicillin, I convinced her to prescribe a tetracycline - doxycycline (hyclate). They are 100mg tablets, 200 mg daily. Should I take them with a bit more sugar/protein to be safe?
And some extra vitamin k!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals