Three Years Of Peat First Blood Test(first Post)

BenMakMorn

Hey Peatlings, I've never posted on a forum before so bare with me... I attached my first blood test since beginning peating and I'm not sure what to make of it. Would really appreciate any thoughts on the numbers that are labeled high on the second page. Also T look on the low side which I can't figure out why, considering my diet and supplements have been pretty solid for awhile.

Background in brief:
I had health problems most of my life.
At 24
(About 5 years ago) I was really sick, wasted down to 119lbs from a muscular 175, constant pain, little to no sleep etc., "tried everything", got lots of different diagnoses, the whole clichè.
Then fortunately,
Got into Peat and Z Health, things turned around in a big way.
I'm feeling much better these days, sleeping well, able to strength train and roll around on my skateboard a little bit but I'm nowhere near my potential and despite pulse and temp consistently being good without T3 I'm still having problems.

Main issues: I am quite over weight, 40lbs .
I still get super low energy many days despite years of experimenting with B vitamins, caffeine, theanine, idealabs supps, ( at this point I think I have experimented with almost every one and the frequently talked about combos)
I've experimented with low and no fat diets over the last 6months, branch chain aminos combo as a primary protein source... I have tried a lot over the last few years and am quite better but I think this blood test might be illuminating.

Any advice on the blood work would be much appreciated.

Thanks much:)

Attachments

• IMG_1344.PNG
    IMG_1344.PNG
    34.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1345.PNG
    IMG_1345.PNG
    32.5 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_1346.PNG
    IMG_1346.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_1347.PNG
    IMG_1347.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 187

Tarmander

Did you say you were or your weren't taking thyroid? TSH in the 3s would be a good explanation of some of your symptoms. I actually had great pulses and temps, like almost in the 99 degree region, and my TSH tested in the 4s. So temp and pulse are great but they can be hiding behind stress hormones. Thyroid actually brought my temperature down. Something to consider.

PS welcome to the forums!

OP
BenMakMorn

BenMakMorn

Did you say you were or your weren't taking thyroid? TSH in the 3s would be a good explanation of some of your symptoms. I actually had great pulses and temps, like almost in the 99 degree region, and my TSH tested in the 4s. So temp and pulse are great but they can be hiding behind stress hormones. Thyroid actually brought my temperature down. Something to consider.

PS welcome to the forums!

Thanks Tarmander, maybe I'll chime in more often.
I have not taken any thyroid or T3 for close to a year now because my pulse and temp have been in the 99/ 80-110bpm range consistently. Last time I took T3 I was up around 100/ 110-120.
Did anything bring your TSH down?

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Hi @BenMakMorn

Is that you in your avatar? It shows a heavy guy with bent knees lifting a heavy weight above his head while bending forward so his head is at knee level. His neck is twisted so he is looking up at the weight.

That looks like an unusual and dangerous exercise. Supplements and diet cannot compensate for unnecessary, self-inflicted extreme stress. Perhaps you included the avatar as an unconscious confession...?

Most gyms teach safe exercises which isolate muscle groups.

Alternatively walking 5km a day and carrying a little shopping might be safer if there is good weather, footpaths, no bears, crocs or drive by shootings...

Tarmander

Thanks Tarmander, maybe I'll chime in more often.
I have not taken any thyroid or T3 for close to a year now because my pulse and temp have been in the 99/ 80-110bpm range consistently. Last time I took T3 I was up around 100/ 110-120.
Did anything bring your TSH down?
I react the same way to just T3. I have not retested my TSH yet on a higher dose of NDT, but it did not budge on the low dose of tyronene. I think you need the t3/t4 combo to lower TSH while simultaneously not overloading your temp.

Waynish

Hi @BenMakMorn

Is that you in your avatar? It shows a heavy guy with bent knees lifting a heavy weight above his head while bending forward so his head is at knee level. His neck is twisted so he is looking up at the weight.

That looks like an unusual and dangerous exercise. Supplements and diet cannot compensate for unnecessary, self-inflicted extreme stress. Perhaps you included the avatar as an unconscious confession...?

Most gyms teach safe exercises which isolate muscle groups.

Alternatively walking 5km a day and carrying a little shopping might be safer if there is good weather, footpaths, no bears, crocs or drive by shootings...
Haha... Looks like an easy way to damage the spine, yeah...

OP
BenMakMorn

BenMakMorn

Haha... Looks like an easy way to damage the spine, yeah...

Like everything else it depends on the individual. Weird strength and superb joint mobility have been the biggest help in getting me moving again.

Spines are meant to move in so many ways and in multiple ways at once under load and at different speeds.

This is a
Bent press with a weight nowhere near my max. I use it as loaded spine and scapula mobility and as a posture for breath work.
Actually working on diaphragm control in that picture... Phenomenal lift for those that have the mobility for it.

I believe in weird strength in many vectors :)

thanks for your comment.

Do you know anything about lowering high tsh when pulse and temp are good?

OP
BenMakMorn

BenMakMorn

I react the same way to just T3. I have not retested my TSH yet on a higher dose of NDT, but it did not budge on the low dose of tyronene. I think you need the t3/t4 combo to lower TSH while simultaneously not overloading your temp.

Interesting I have some tyromix but haven't used it in a long time because I got such a profound increase from just T3, in pulse and temp.

J

James IV

Like everything else it depends on the individual. Weird strength and superb joint mobility have been the biggest help in getting me moving again.

Spines are meant to move in so many ways and in multiple ways at once under load and at different speeds.

This is a
Bent press with a weight nowhere near my max. I use it as loaded spine and scapula mobility and as a posture for breath work.
Actually working on diaphragm control in that picture... Phenomenal lift for those that have the mobility for it.

thanks for your comment.

I dig it! I am also a big fan of training out of "alignment." I've always found it interesting that folks only want to build strength with "proper" form. No one hurts themselves when they are in proper form! (unless they are weight lifting, ironically)

Matt1951

Iron is perfect. Testosterone is low. TSH is high.
Low fat diet is wrong for weightlifters.

OP
BenMakMorn

BenMakMorn

Iron is perfect. Testosterone is low. TSH is high.
Low fat diet is wrong for weightlifters.

Thanks for your comment.

What lowers TSH if pulse and temp are consistently good?

I'm trying a few weeks of gonadin and will retest.

I have been eating about 40g fat recently and feel more satisfied but am losing weight at a snails pace.

I'm not much of a weight lifter more of a wierd strength skater-Cossack and movement guy:)
I'm actually pretty psyched I bent my first horse shoe yesterday.

Ideonaut

This is a

thanks for your comment.

Cool! I figure more power to ya, if you can do that!

Queequeg

your hdl/ldl ratio is not good. Coconut oil can lower ldl and raise hdl.
Lots of other stuff can lower ldl
Aspirin
Taurine
Glycine
Vit E Delta tocotrienol
coq1o

Last edited:

Matt1951

Thanks for your comment.

What lowers TSH if pulse and temp are consistently good?

I'm trying a few weeks of gonadin and will retest.

I have been eating about 40g fat recently and feel more satisfied but am losing weight at a snails pace.

I'm not much of a weight lifter more of a wierd strength skater-Cossack and movement guy:)
I'm actually pretty psyched I bent my first horse shoe yesterday.

Your free T4 and reverse T3 look ok. You might be having a problem converting free T4 to free T3, I didn't see free T3 in your blood work. Also try adding some more saturated fat to your diet, such as some coconut oil or butter. 40g is 360 calories, not all that much.

schultz

Cholesterol and TSH being high seems like thyroid isn't optimal. This would also explain the testosterone. Where do you live? Maybe it's a winter thing.

The blood sugar is a bit high. I would have thought cortisol, but the cortisol number is mid range for the morning (says you were there at 7:00AM). It's possible FFA's are high (it is the morning after all). Your insulin is near the top as well, presumably to deal with that sugar. I thought epinephrine or norepinephrine might be high, but I think at least norepinephrine inhibits insulin release. Epinephrine does raise glucose levels I believe. Anyway, the blood sugar thing is probably not a big deal.

OP
BenMakMorn

BenMakMorn

your hdl/ldl ratio is not good. Coconut oil can lower ldl and raise hdl.
Lots of other stuff can lower ldl
Aspirin
Taurine
Glycine
Vit E Delta tocotrienol
coq1o

Interesting, thanks.
I've been taking aspirin for a few years daily and have been using glycine +taurine for months prior to this test. I also regularly have coconut oil and B3 and the idealabs E supp.
Makes me wonder... what to try. Hopefully gonadin will improve things.

OP
BenMakMorn

BenMakMorn

Cholesterol and TSH being high seems like thyroid isn't optimal. This would also explain the testosterone. Where do you live? Maybe it's a winter thing.

The blood sugar is a bit high. I would have thought cortisol, but the cortisol number is mid range for the morning (says you were there at 7:00AM). It's possible FFA's are high (it is the morning after all). Your insulin is near the top as well, presumably to deal with that sugar. I thought epinephrine or norepinephrine might be high, but I think at least norepinephrine inhibits insulin release. Epinephrine does raise glucose levels I believe. Anyway, the blood sugar thing is probably not a big deal.

Hi Schultz, thanks for taking the time to write.
I live in the northern Midwest so winter is harsh but I'm pretty diligent about using red light and taking D and even a D light throughout the winter.

Your comment makes me wonder if my ratio of protein to carbohydrates is possibly a problem.
It takes about a 1:3-4 to keep my pulse and temp up. Which also makes not overeating harder.

Last edited:
OP
BenMakMorn

BenMakMorn

Your free T4 and reverse T3 look ok. You might be having a problem converting free T4 to free T3, I didn't see free T3 in your blood work. Also try adding some more saturated fat to your diet, such as some coconut oil or butter. 40g is 360 calories, not all that much.

Thanks Matt, that 40g is almost completely from raw milk and coconut oil. Hypothetically how does one improve the conversation of T4 to T3?

Cheers on the great lab panel and the good ratio of peating years to forum posts

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals