I have fatty liver

theoogabear

I recently got a cat scan done on my torso and the doc said, which I’ve known for a while, that I have fatty liver.

How exactly do I reverse this?

Mauritio

For me the only thing that actually worked was losing weight...then I could implement and tolerate things like T3 and caffeine. Theoretically it should be the other way around, but for me it wasnt.

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

For me the only thing that actually worked was losing weight...then I could implement and tolerate things like T3 and caffeine. Theoretically it should be the other way around, but for me it wasnt.
what if I struggle to lose weight because of the fatty liver?

burtlancast

It's due to glyphosate

1/4 of the industrialized world: you have company

M

member 14952

So choline transports fats out of the liver. Two foods rich in choline are eggs and beef liver. Beef liver, because it also has more copper. This should help prevent the fat production induced by carbohydrate consumption. If you have very high iron, very much supplemental zinc or vitamin C that is not from whole foods, I would cut back on them. This is because they all can oppose copper.
If you want to look into supplements, I would recommend taurine because it is liver-protective.

This would be my first idea for preventing damage but there has to be a cause, right?
Did you actually have low dietary copper, high iron, high seed oil consumption, heavy metal exposure or low nutrient diet?
Those would my top causes. Maybe other members know more?

youngsinatra

animal protein (red meat, chicken, eggs, fish for B12, methionine, creatine, choline) + safe starches (low fructose) + green leafy vegetables or legumes (for folate and fiber) + coffee (bile promoting)

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

So choline transports fats out of the liver. Two foods rich in choline are eggs and beef liver. Beef liver, because it also has more copper. This should help prevent the fat production induced by carbohydrate consumption. If you have very high iron, very much supplemental zinc or vitamin C that is not from whole foods, I would cut back on them. This is because they all can oppose copper.
If you want to look into supplements, I would recommend taurine because it is liver-protective.

This would be my first idea for preventing damage but there has to be a cause, right?
Did you actually have low dietary copper, high iron, high seed oil consumption, heavy metal exposure or low nutrient diet?
Those would my top causes. Maybe other members know more?
I think a major cause were the burn pits I was exposed to in the military. my health has been very bad since then. I remember feeling my liver throb on deployment but the doctors couldn’t find anything wrong with it through ultrasound and blood tests.

I’ve been taking Taurine daily for about a month now, I felt great at first, but it feels like I've been receiving a diminishing return. might need to up the dose.

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

animal protein (red meat, chicken, eggs, fish for B12, methionine, creatine, choline) + safe starches (low fructose) + green leafy vegetables or legumes (for folate and fiber) + coffee (bile promoting)
what are considered safe starches? jasmine rice, mashed potatoes?

kimbriel

I recently got a cat scan done on my torso and the doc said, which I’ve known for a while, that I have fatty liver.

How exactly do I reverse this?

Lose weight, and a crap ton of T3. Haha. That's what worked for me. They found it on a CT scan for cancer diagnosis, and it wasn't there on my follow up cancer CT scan... probably cuz I lost 52 lbs and had started taking a full replacement dose of T3 (I have Hashi's).

EvanHinkle

I took 1200 mg of caffeine a day split into three doses, (Haidut has a thread about this). I did this for two weeks, after which glycogen storage improved and I lost weight without making any other changes to my caloric intake or food choices.

I experienced mild fatigue on days 2-3 as Haidut mentioned in the thread. I experienced a massive blood sugar crash the first day as I approached my dinner time, (which I remedied by eating a much larger than typical dinner).

Since then I also eat more food, can go longer between meals without stress response and am back to a fantastic weight after gaining 30 or so unhealthy pounds during the early days of my “Peat” journey.

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

I took 1200 mg of caffeine a day split into three doses, (Haidut has a thread about this). I did this for two weeks, after which glycogen storage improved and I lost weight without making any other changes to my caloric intake or food choices.

I experienced mild fatigue on days 2-3 as Haidut mentioned in the thread. I experienced a massive blood sugar crash the first day as I approached my dinner time, (which I remedied by eating a much larger than typical dinner).

Since then I also eat more food, can go longer between meals without stress response and am back to a fantastic weight after gaining 30 or so unhealthy pounds during the early days of my “Peat” journey.
I did Haidut’s caffeine/k2 protocol and it did not help me much lol. I guess I can try it again

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

Lose weight, and a crap ton of T3. Haha. That's what worked for me. They found it on a CT scan for cancer diagnosis, and it wasn't there on my follow up cancer CT scan... probably cuz I lost 52 lbs and had started taking a full replacement dose of T3 (I have Hashi's).
took t3 for months and it didn’t do much. and i struggle to lose weight, it’s very hard. even on a caloric deficit of 1,000kcals a day I don’t lose anything.

EvanHinkle

I did Haidut’s caffeine/k2 protocol and it did not help me much lol. I guess I can try it again
It seems to not work for some people, (haven’t been able to identify the limiting factor myself). For instance, my wife has had to work up to the therapeutic dose slowly and has yet to get there taking several breaks in-between attempts.

OP
theoogabear

theoogabear

It seems to not work for some people, (haven’t been able to identify the limiting factor myself). For instance, my wife has had to work up to the therapeutic dose slowly and has yet to get there taking several breaks in-between attempts.
yeah there’s a lot of dark matter surrounding some supplements. I noticed b3, and aspirin can exacerbate liver issues in some people (personally I think I am one such person) but I don’t know why. I do like coffee/caffeine though, I take a 200mg caffeine pill each morning with taurine and feel great from it. maybe I’ll try bumping it up slowly and see what happens. I was hitting gelatin hard when I tried Haidut’s protocol

zorba990

Perhaps try sodium butyrate

Abstract

Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) has a broad spectrum of biological activity by regulating metabolic processes via both the direct activation of the class B family of G protein-coupled receptors and indirect nonreceptor-mediated pathways. GLP-1 receptor (GLP-1R) agonists have significant therapeutic effects on non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and steatohepatitis (NASH) in animal models. However, clinical studies indicated that GLP-1 treatment had little effect on hepatic steatosis in some NAFLD patients, suggesting that GLP-1 resistance may occur in these patients. It is well-known that the gut metabolite sodium butyrate (NaB) could promote GLP-1 secretion from intestinal L cells. However, it is unclear whether NaB improves hepatic GLP-1 responsiveness in NAFLD. In the current study, we showed that the serum GLP-1 levels of NAFLD patients were similar to those of normal controls, but hepatic GLP-1R expression was significantly downregulated in NAFLD patients. Similarly, in the NAFLD mouse model, mice fed with a high-fat diet showed reduced hepatic GLP-1R expression, which was reversed by NaB treatment and accompanied by markedly alleviated liver steatosis. In addition, NaB treatment also upregulated the hepatic p-AMPK/p-ACC and insulin receptor/insulin receptor substrate-1 expression levels. Furthermore, NaB-enhanced GLP-1R expression in HepG2 cells by inhibiting histone deacetylase-2 independent of GPR43/GPR109a. These results indicate that NaB is able to prevent the progression of NAFL to NASH via promoting hepatic GLP-1R expression. NaB is a GLP-1 sensitizer and represents a potential therapeutic adjuvant to prevent NAFL progression to NASH.

kimbriel

Whoa - taking that much caffeine helped your liver with glycogen storage? I know that my liver has a problem with glycogen.

kimbriel

took t3 for months and it didn’t do much. and i struggle to lose weight, it’s very hard. even on a caloric deficit of 1,000kcals a day I don’t lose anything.
How much T3 did you take? I've been very, very weight-loss resistant for almost a decade now, so I empathize. I went on a very, very low calorie, high protein and low carb diet (pretty anti-Peat).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals