I Think Eating A Ray Peat Style Diet Messed Me Up

Ableton

Yeah I'm definitely guilty of this.

Trying to to undo years of undereating but just can't gain weight at 3.000-3.300 calories and still get cold hands throughout the day... I reckon drinking 3 cups of coffee per day is just stupid (though I love the dopaminergic effect).

I am pretty much shredded (milk makes working out unnecessary lol) but I think it would be a lot healthier if I was a few kgs heavier. Will replace coffee with ginger tea and see how it goes
im not gaining weight on 4k cal.
if I would go back to heavy cardio days I reckon I would need about 6k cal, let that sink in. And I'm average height and slim

I do not understand how low carb is supposed to lose you weight in mainstream

It's as simple as eating low fat in my experience.

Eat fat = gain weight

Korven

im not gaining weight on 4k cal.
if I would go back to heavy cardio days I reckon I would need about 6k cal, let that sink in. And I'm average height and slim

I do not understand how low carb is supposed to lose you weight in mainstream

It's as simple as eating low fat in my experience.

Eat fat = gain weight

Well I am pushing 150-170 + grams of fat per day and 400 grams sugar from honey and fruit with no signs of weight/fat gain. Seem to be putting on some muscle though.

I think higher fat together with starch and grains (endotoxin/serotonin) is a surefire way to put on weight. High fat carnivore/keto (clean gut) on the other hand seems to work well for weight loss.

Seems like if I want to gain weight I need to add starches back in and go to 4-5 k calories, but then all the problems associated with endotoxin will come back and I get sick again... You can't win this game lol

Mhouse

Why is this thread marked as anti-Peat? OP is not arguing PUFA, iron, estrogen, etc. is healthy — merely asking for some help when things got worse while trying to implement a diet based on (OP's perception of) Peat's ideas. If this already qualifies as anti-Peat, there are a lot of threads out there that should definitely have the flag.

Feels like this place is getting worse.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Why is this getting flagged as anti-peat?
I can understand that tag for posts that are theoretical or evidence based and challenge RPs ideas.
This is just one person not feeling well on this type of diet and talking about his struggle. An anecdotal report.
Feels kind of weird that every post that is not completely in line with Ray's ideas gets this tag. Feels dogmatic and authoritarian. I oppose it.
What makes you think anyone other then the OP flagged it as anti-Peat? That's very authoritarian and dogmatic of you and feels kinda weird that you would single out this person who is telling us their struggles and not allowing them to flag oneself.
Why is this thread marked as anti-Peat? OP is not arguing PUFA, iron, estrogen, etc. is healthy — merely asking for some help when things got worse while trying to implement a diet based on (OP's perception of) Peat's ideas. If this already qualifies as anti-Peat, there are a lot of threads out there that should definitely have the flag.

Feels like this place is getting worse.
Can OP not be allowed to express their thoughts without retribution from flaga'ism? Why perpetuate the illusion that this place is getting worse when it indeed continues to help and build people up while growing stronger, level 9777 achieved. Power up!

GreekDemiGod

250g of carbs / day? You're probably starving.
I need 500g+ carbs day in and day out to function normally and not get hypoglicemic or racing heart.
Talk about racing heart episodes, been having them more often lately.

@Korven How much milk are you drinking?

baccheion

250g of carbs / day? You're probably starving.
I need 500g+ carbs day in and day out to function normally and not get hypoglicemic or racing heart.
Talk about racing heart episodes, been having them more often lately.
How much with starch? How much fat and protein in such cases? How much magnesium do you get? Same for calcium.

Tarmander

Costs 500 dollars a month for hair tests and supplements. 30 pills a day, can be bought only from the test providers online store. Must be done continuously for atleast 3 years to see "results"
lol perfect

GreekDemiGod

The theory about fast oxidizers being advised to eat more fats is to slow down digestion / metabolism. That doesn't seem right to me.
This whole idea had the purpose of getting your metabolism to be a 'moderate' oxidizer, neither fast, nor slow.

wavelength123

Some of you guys massively overeat for no results. It’s clearly a stimulus problem ie. Not training proper for muscle growth.

shine

What makes you think anyone other then the OP flagged it as anti-Peat? That's very authoritarian and dogmatic of you and feels kinda weird that you would single out this person who is telling us their struggles and not allowing them to flag oneself.

I was under the impression that this could only be done by the admins/mods. I did not know you could self-flagellate on this forum. ;)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I was under the impression that this could only be done by the admins/mods. I did not know you could self-flagellate on this forum.
Certain forums allow for self flagellations. :D Only 2 threads in this forum(anti-peat) have been flagellated by the mods, the rest are self. Let freedom ring! :hattip

Ableton

Some of you guys massively overeat for no results. It’s clearly a stimulus problem ie. Not training proper for muscle growth.

no. Undereating is the problem. No one here states they are overweight and everyone reports hypo signs when not meeting their high caloric needs on this diet

opson123

no. Undereating is the problem. No one here states they are overweight and everyone reports hypo signs when not meeting their high caloric needs on this diet
Are you talking about this thread or this forum in general? Because a lot of people here in rpf are overweight.

Ableton

Are you talking about this thread or this forum in general? Because a lot of people here in rpf are overweight.
Thread
And yes you are right.

there seem to be people who burn through their stuff extremely quickly who have to be very careful to always eat enough and not overtrain. High stress types

and some who need to move more

Ableton

The theory about fast oxidizers being advised to eat more fats is to slow down digestion / metabolism. That doesn't seem right to me.
This whole idea had the purpose of getting your metabolism to be a 'moderate' oxidizer, neither fast, nor slow.
I tested it out. Didn’t work for me. My temps dropped massively when I tried to slow it down and I felt like crap, also for the first time gained weight. I need to permanently feed the furnace with carbs...super inconvenient

RWilly

Edit: OP answered my question in the original post.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals